• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White 2 Team in the Works

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
It's convenient for me that B/W2 has older pokemon in the game because it gives me a chance to use pokemon I have yet to use in any team before. So keeping that in mind, I also tried to make it as balanced as I could, and this is what I've come up with:

497.png

Serperior @ Big Root
Trait: Modest
Ability: Overgrow
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Growth
- Leech Seed

Notes: I'm going the Sp. route on this one.

448.png

Lucario @
Trait: Modest
Ability: Inner Focus
- Aura Sphere
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Notes: Luc is joining Serp on the Sp. side of attacking. Should I switch Shadow Ball for Dragon Pulse? I was thinking about it, but idk if that's necessary with Serperior having it. Or maybe I should switch Serp's Dragon Pulse out for something else and give Dragon Pulse to Luc?

059.png

Arcanine @
Trait: Hasty
Ability: Flash Fire/Intimidate
- Extremespeed
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Wild Charge

Notes: Okay, so would it be worth my time to use Flash Fire to get the fire immunity, or should I stick with Intimidate?

342.png

Crawdaunt @
Trait: Adamant
Ability: Hyper Cutter
- Brick Break
- Crabhammer
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Notes: I chose Crabhammer over Waterfall due to the gimmick. I've used Waterfall so much, so Crabhammer will be refreshing. Plus I've got Hone Claws to improve accuracy. I don't know if Superpower is worth the side effects. Suggestions?

558.png

Crustle @ Leftovers
Trait: Sassy
Ability: Sturdy
- Curse
- EQ
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Notes: My crabby tank! I don't know if I should use Sub or Curse, or maybe use them together and get rid of something else?

604.png

Eelektross @
Trait: Adamant
Ability: Levitate
- Aqua Tail
- Coil
- Fire Punch
- Wild Charge/Thunderpunch

Notes: So I'm still not set on using Eelektross. The time it takes to get it powerful is annoying, and it doesn't appear to late-game right? Idk, the ground immunity and large movepool is appealing.

Okay, so please help me! I'm open to other pokemon suggestions (I have wi-fi and can breed) for more coverage! Thanks in advance for the help/tips!

Last edited:

Ryan7437

Banned
It's alright, I'm sorry, I don't have much experience with those except for Serperior. Sorry for the no help, maybe Substitte for Crustle! :) Hope someone else can help better!

Aurath8

Either ability is great for Arcanine. I'd go for Intimidate personally. Use a Naive/Hasty nature. As Arcanine is offensive it prefers to lower its defences to its speed.
Dragon Pulse over Return. Fire+Dragon hits every pokemon in the game bar Heatran.
Wild Charge over Thunder FAng for more power.

Just use Curse on Crustle.

Eelektross appears in Chargestone cave between the 4th and 5th gym. Not too late. Anyway use an Adamant nature. Eelektross is very slow, so there's no point boosting his speed.

Swords Dance > Hone Claws on Crawdaunt. Crabhammer's accuracy is still pretty good at 90% so go for the extra power.

I don't like the idea of Psychic on Lucario, but its really you're only defence against Fighting types.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
Yeah, my offense against Fighting types is pretty bad. I'm open to replacing Eelektross, doesn't have to be an electric type... only thing is it's my only good counter for water types.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I'd say go with Intimidate as well. I find the attack drops more beneficial than the occasional immunity and power boost.

I'd also suggest going with Shell Smash > Curse on Crustle. Thanks to Sturdy, you're guaranteed to get a Shell Smash in, and thanks to the speed boost, there's a nice chance you'll be outspeeding your opponent and can sweep (although I must admit Crustle doesn't have the best speed so this may not always be the case).

iirc Serperior gets Calm Mind so go with that > Growth.

And keep Shadow Ball on Lucario. Ghost + Fighting gets perfect neutral coverage, yay.

Aegon

Why are you using a Sassy nature on Crustle? If you want a +SpD nature, go for Careful.

As zhanton said, you should consider Shell Smash over Curse, with an Adamant or Jolly nature.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
My reasoning for Sassy and Curse was to make Crustle more of a tank, it's got some great defense and it's slow anyways. But if you guys suggest Shell Smash then I'll give it a shot!

Aegon

My reasoning for Sassy and Curse was to make Crustle more of a tank, it's got some great defense and it's slow anyways. But if you guys suggest Shell Smash then I'll give it a shot!
But why Sassy? :p If you go for Curse, use a Careful nature, since you're not using any Special attacks. There's no point in lowering your Speed, as there may be occasions when you don't need to use Curse.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
But why Sassy? :p If you go for Curse, use a Careful nature, since you're not using any Special attacks. There's no point in lowering your Speed, as there may be occasions when you don't need to use Curse.

Ah! I didn't even think about that. :p

Would Timid be an acceptable nature to use on Lucario? I think my team's going to need more speed.

Last edited: