• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White 2 Team that I'm about to build!

GGDeadZone

Pokemon Ace
Hey guys, just about to start building this team for White 2. Would love some advice! I checked out all the pokemons stats and made sure to focus on their strong points.

I included each pokemons base stats so you can see their strengths and weaknesses in this order: HP/Attack/Def/SpAttk/SpDef/Speed

Dragonite @Muscle Band
Multiscale
Timid
HP/Speed EV's
91/134/95/100/100/80
-Fire Punch
-Outrage
-Ice Beam
-Stone Edge

Heatran @Wise Glasses
Flash Fire
Naive
HP/SpAttk EV's
91/90/106/130/106/77
-Heat Wave
-Flash Cannon
-Earthquake
-Dragon Pulse

Haxorus @Life Orb
Mold Breaker
Jolly
Attack/Speed EV's
76/147/90/60/70/97
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Dragon Dance

Excadrill @Leftovers
Mold Breaker
Adamant
Def/SpDef EV's
110/135/60/50/65/88
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace
-Iron Head

Weavile @Razor Claw
Pressure
Hasty
HP/Def EV's
70/120/65/45/85/125
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch
-Iron Tail
-X-Scissor

Jolteon @Kings Rock
Quick Feet
Jolly
HP/SpAttk EV's
65/65/60/110/95/130
-Thunderbolt
-Shadowball
-Hyper Voice
-Signal Beam

Criticism and advice welcomed!

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Dragonite @Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Nature Adamant/Timid
EVs: 252 S.atk, 252 Speed or Hp 6 Speed or Hp
Moves
-Fire punch/Fire blast/Flamethrower
-Outrage/Dragon claw/Dragon pulse/Draco meteor
-Ice beam/Dragon dance/Extremespseed/Thunderbolt
-Roost

Always have Roost and the non-physical attacks are if you have to have a timid nature otherwise use a Physical set. Dragon claw is more controllable then Outrage and Fire blast is move powerful but less acccurate then Flamethrower. Draco meteor is the prefered option for a special Dragon move.

Heatran @Wise glasses/Flame plate/Earth plate
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid/Modest/Naive
EVs: Hp 252, S.atk 252, Speed or S.def 6
Moves:
-Fire blast/Flamethrower/Overheat/Heat wave
-Dragon pulse
-Earthpower
-Stealth rocks

Dragon pulse and Stealth rock are move tutor moves in B2/W2 and Earthpower is both a lv up move and a move tutor move the fire attacks listed are in the order of most to least useful with the exception being Overheat which works well if you don't mind switching out.

Haxorus @Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Natute: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: Atk 252, speed 252, Hp 6
Moves:
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Aqua tail/Rock slide
-Dragon Dance

Aqua tail is a good coverage move from a move tutor and Rock slide give you something similiar to the Quake edge combo that is really common and strong. Adamant is the preferred nature.

Excadrill @ Focus band
Ability: Sand rush/Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Atk 252, Hp or Speed 252, Hp or speed 6 /B]
Moves:
-Earthquake
-Aerial ace/X-sissor
-Sandstorm/X-sissor
-Iron Head

Excadrill was banned from Smogon's OU Single battles due to Sand rush so it is fun to use ingame The reason Rock slide isn't included in this set when its listed in all the others is that Iron head has similiar if not inferior coverage but also gets stab form Excadrill's steel typing.

Weavile @Scope lens
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Adamant/Jolly/Hasty
EVs: Atk 252, speed 252 Hp or S.def 6
Moves
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch/Ice shard
-Low sweep/Low kick
-Shadow claw

Shadow claw makes the most out of Scope lens(Razor claw is used up when evolving) and provides perfect coverage with Low sweep or Low kick. Low kick(Move tutor move) hurts heavier pokemon more but Low sweep(TM move) reduces speed. Ice shard is an egg move that gets Priority but Ice punch does more damage.

Jolteon @Kings Rock
Nature: Timid
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: S.atk 252, Speed 252, Hp 6
Moves:
-Thunderbolt
-Shadowball
-Hyper Voice/Thuder wave
-Signal Beam/Volt switch

Odd set but it does have its strong points Hyper voice doesn't help that much but its stronger then neutral Shadow ball. Thunder wave supports the team and with all the flinching moves it can wreak havoc Volt switch lets you deal damage and swap to a counter but Signal beam does handle Grass types pretty well. Choose depending on what you want Jolteon to do.

Not bad but it had some major flaws. with the natures and EVs.

Last edited:

GGDeadZone

Pokemon Ace
Hey thanks alot for the reply. Clearly I am not too experienced at making teams here but this was my first serious attempt.

I have a question though,

1) Whats the reason I would EV my Dragonite in SpAttk and use special moves instead of physical attacks seeing as that base stat is a fair amount higher?

Other than that I agree on everything.

Aurath8

1) Whats the reason I would EV my Dragonite in SpAttk and use special moves instead of physical attacks seeing as that base stat is a fair amount higher?

Well, most pokemon focus on one defensove stat e.g. Forretress, Blissey etc. Dragonite still has a usable special attack and having a mix of Physical and Special attacks allows you to damage a large variety of Pokemon.

As for EVS, it's better to focus upon a pokemon's strengths than it's weaknesses most of the time. Other teammates cover a pokemon's weaknesses allowing it to properly fulfil its role in the team. Use redcharizard's suggestions.

Excadrill
Adamant
Sand Rush
252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-scissor
-Swords Dance/Sandstorm

Iron Head doesn't really hit that much, and even a supereffective Brick Break and/or Aerial Ace does less/equal damage than a STAB Earthquake. Rock Slide goes great with Earthquake and X-scissor is really the only other attack worth having because everything else is outpowered by Earthquake.
Sandstorm or Swords is a choice between speed and power. I'd go with Swords Dance since Sandstorm will hurt other team members.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
Mold Breaker is now available, without Sandstorm present MB would be a much better Ability on Excadrill.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Iron Head doesn't really hit that much, and even a supereffective Brick Break and/or Aerial Ace does less/equal damage than a STAB Earthquake. Rock Slide goes great with Earthquake and X-scissor is really the only other attack worth having because everything else is outpowered by Earthquake.
Sandstorm or Swords is a choice between speed and power. I'd go with Swords Dance since Sandstorm will hurt other team members.

Iron head gets stab and has similiar coverage to Rock slide. I well admit that steel is a poor offensive typing but with stab it is more effective on some targets that said Rock slide is a good option.

Hey thanks alot for the reply. Clearly I am not too experienced at making teams here but this was my first serious attempt.

I have a question though,

Other than that I agree on everything.

If you are stuck with timid then use the special set since the physical set losses power with that nature and the special set has great super effective coverage. otherwise run physical.

Last edited: