• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White 2 Team

Sixth team member, who should be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Champion AJ

This is my INGAME Team for Pokémon White 2.
Since it's INGAME, I don't care about natures, EVs and IVs.
About holding items, I'll find out during the playthrough, so don't put item suggestions.
Also, I only have five definitive Pokémon in my team and I need help deciding about the sixth member.

503.gif

Ability: Torrent
Surf
Megahorn
Ice Beam
Dig/Return

Samurott makes a return as a starter in my team, because I didn't like Emboar's movepool and Serperior's stats.
Surf is a STAB move and it also helps travelling in water routes/lakes.
Megahorn and Ice Beam covers Grass-types (the last destroys Dragon-types).
Dig takes care of Electric-types and Return gets some nice neutral coverage (useless against the Pringles Pokémon aka Jellicent).

448.gif

Ability: Inner Focus
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Dark Pulse

A newcomer in my playthroughs, Lucario is a popular and unpredictable Pokémon.
Aura Sphere is his signature move (Use the Force, Luke!) and turns Lucario a so zetta badass Pokémon, not to mention it never misses, which is so zetta nice.
Dragon Pulse covers Dragons, giving nearly perfect coverage with Aura Sphere.
Psychic covers Fighting-types, while Dark Pulse makes the opponents flinching (I like flinch inducing moves).
Lucario's ability makes him immune to flinch inducing moves.

059.gif

Ability: Flash Fire
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Wild Charge
Crunch

Arcanine returns from HeartGold.
Flamethrower (NO Flare Blitz please) because I don't like Flare Blitz's recoil.
Dragon Pulse (NO Outrage please) to get perfect coverage (Flash Fire Heatran is the only exception but who's going to use one ingame, unless in Battle Subway or in PWT?) and because I don't like Outrage's locking and self-confusion effects.
Wild Charge covers Water-types (though the recoil effect hurts a little) and Crunch just to put fear in two members of the Elite Four.
Arcanine's ability helps him against opponents' Fire-type moves.

330.gif

Ability: Levitate
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Giga Drain

My favourite Pokémon returns to a Regional Pokédex since Emerald.
Earthquake and Dragon Claw (NO Outrage for Arceus's sake) are Flygon's STAB moves of choice while Flamethrower adds some nice coverage against Steel-types who resist Flygon's STAB moves.
Giga Drain adds some more coverage and a good healing move for Flygon.

596.gif

Ability: Compoundeyes
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Giga Drain
<insert a filler and not really useful move> in case I don't get a good HP type

I used Galvantula in my first White playthrough and I liked the spider. My anti-Water Pokémon in White 2.
Galvantula's ability has the only purpose of abusing Thunder.
Thunder with Compoundeyes is a reliable and powerful move, while Bug Buzz is the Bug-type move for Galvantula.
Giga Drain damages those pesky Water/Ground Pokémon, while healing Galvantula. Just a really useless trivia, the Electric+Bug+Grass combo hits every single Water-type for super-effective damage, except Kingdra and Palkia.
The last move is just a filler if I don't get a good Hidden Power type (Ground for example), so it can be any move Galvantula learns (it just won't be used as much as the first three moves).

About the sixth Pokémon, I want to train one of the following list:
196.gif
571.gif
573.gif
579.gif
604.gif
628.gif

Espeon's DW ability rules and rocks.
Zoroark is a tribute to my favourite antagonist and the character with the best green hair, N.
DW Cinccino, because I NEVER EVER had luck with multi-hit moves.
Reuniclus is a nice exclusive Pokémon, though it's so zetta slow.
Eelektross has no weaknesses and a wide movepool.
Braviary is much better than vultures and everybody knows that tiny pigeons suck.

Last edited:

Gai

I noticed that u dont have a fly pokemon.go Braviary
:628: Moveset
Brave Bird
Crush Claw
Super Power
Fly

Last edited:

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
i've personally always had a soft spot for espeon.

Think you should run physical luke tbh

- sword dance
- Extremespeed/aura sphere
- close combat
- ice punch

Star Champion AJ

I noticed that u dont have a fly pokemon.go Braviary
:628: Moveset
Brave Bird
Crush Claw
Super Power
Fly

Flygon could fill my Flying needs until I get a full moveset, but that's a nice choice.
About Braviary, I'm a little allergic to recoil moves like Brave Bird (though my Arcanine will get Wild Charge) and Superpower is not a move I'd recommend, first, it lowers Braviary's Attack and Defense and second, Defiant isn't activated by Superpower.

i've personally always had a soft spot for espeon.

Think you should run physical luke tbh

- sword dance
- Extremespeed/aura sphere
- close combat
- ice punch

I respect your opinion, though I won't change Luke's moveset (Aura Sphere is so zetta badass btw).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Return over Dig on Samurott.
You can hit Electric-Types hard with STAB Surf anyway (well except Lanturn but almost no one use Lanturn in-game) and Water + Normal has a great coverage.
Besides, Dig takes two turns.

if you decided to use Braviary as your flyer

Braviary
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Shadow Claw
~Rock Slide
~Return
~Fly

Vandslaux

I used the Hidden Grotto Cincinno in White 2, and I loved it. Tail Slap/Rock Blast/Bullet Seed/filler wrecks. Also destroys Plasma and Zinzolin to massive extents. Fails vs Corless though.

chap196

For Galvantula
Use HP Ice (if you can get it) or Volt Switch instead of Flash since it depends too much on luck and HP Ice give BoltBeam coverages or Volt Switch to switch Galvantula immediately.

Star Champion AJ

Return over Dig on Samurott.
You can hit Electric-Types hard with STAB Surf anyway (well except Lanturn but almost no one use Lanturn in-game) and Water + Normal has a great coverage.
Besides, Dig takes two turns.

if you decided to use Braviary as your flyer

Braviary
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Shadow Claw
~Rock Slide
~Return
~Fly

Can I go with Slash instead? Just in case Samurott faints too often (that won't ever happen, just in case), mainly against the Elite Four and I like the high critical hit ratio of Slash.
Seems a nice moveset for Braviary, like I said before, I don't like Brave Bird's recoil and Superpower's secondary effect.

I used the Hidden Grotto Cincinno in White 2, and I loved it. Tail Slap/Rock Blast/Bullet Seed/filler wrecks. Also destroys Plasma and Zinzolin to massive extents. Fails vs Corless though.

A cute multi-hitting wrecking chinchilla. Me gusta! I never had luck with the multi-hit moves before (Skill Link HAX payback time!) and I'd like to train a DW Cinccino just for that same reason.
In case I go with the cute chinchilla, the filler move can be Thief/Covet (for stealing purposes), U-turn (to get the freak out in certain situations), Aqua Tail or Wake-up Slap (coverage moves).

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
For Lucario change Dark Pulse for Shadow Ball when paired with Aura Sphere you get perfect Coverage.

I would also put Return over Your suggestion of Slash as it has more reliable base power.

If your gonna use Cinncino have all the moves related to skill link + Wake Up Slap to cover steel users.

And although you may not recoil moves they are usually extremely powerful and you can always cover the recoils with potions, leftovers or a shell bell. The positives out weigh the negatives.

If your thinking of using Bravary your probably better off using one with Sheer Force that way Crush Claw and Rock Slide get some extra punch. Also run Superpower you may not like the negative effects but you can use it for one big hit then just switch to another Pokemon.

Also don't forget the move tutors. Flygon can get Fire Punch again if you want to run a full physical set.

Maybe even consider a Grass type to counter Waters. I know that Sumarott resists and your Gavantula has Giga Drain but maybe give Ferrothorn a shot. ^he takes hits like a boss and any physical attacks that hit him basically get recoil pair that with a Rocky Helm and it takes away all most 1/4 of the opponents health. So maybe give this set a shot:

Ferrothorn
Iron Barbs
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Leech Seed

Start with Seeding your opponent. Then use a few Curses to bulk yourself up and lower your speed which makes Gyro Ball do crazy damage then start Power Whipping away

Star Champion AJ

For Lucario change Dark Pulse for Shadow Ball when paired with Aura Sphere you get perfect Coverage.
Psychic covers the Pokémon resisting Dark+Fighting (Heracross and the Croagunk line).
Also Dark Pulse flinches opponents (I'm a big fan of flinch inducing moves).

I would also put Return over Your suggestion of Slash as it has more reliable base power.
I'll think of that.

If your gonna use Cinncino have all the moves related to skill link + Wake Up Slap to cover steel users.
I'd like to train the chinchilla, Cinccino's DW ability is so awesome.

And although you may not like recoil moves they are usually extremely powerful and you can always cover the recoils with potions, leftovers or a shell bell. The positives out weigh the negatives.
Almost forgot, I'm not planning to use Potions ingame (Moomoo Milks and Sitrus Berries only), unless during the Elite Four. Arcanine will use Leftovers due to Wild Charge.

If your thinking of using Bravary your probably better off using one with Sheer Force that way Crush Claw and Rock Slide get some extra punch. Also run Superpower you may not like the negative effects but you can use it for one big hit then just switch to another Pokemon.
DW Braviary appears early, Sheer Force Braviary comes VERY late (Route 23).
And there's the "Braviary uses Superpower, opponent stands with low health and gets Full Restored next turn." scenario.

Also don't forget the move tutors. Flygon can get Fire Punch again if you want to run a full physical set.
Flamethrower can do more damage mainly against Steel-types, they usually have higher Defense than Sp. Defense.

Maybe even consider a Grass type to counter Waters. I know that Sumarott resists and your Gavantula has Giga Drain but maybe give Ferrothorn a shot. ^he takes hits like a boss and any physical attacks that hit him basically get recoil pair that with a Rocky Helm and it takes away all most 1/4 of the opponents health. So maybe give this set a shot:

Ferrothorn
Iron Barbs
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Leech Seed

Start with Seeding your opponent. Then use a few Curses to bulk yourself up and lower your speed which makes Gyro Ball do crazy damage then start Power Whipping away
Well, I'm not planning to train Ferrothorn, I already have six Pokémon in the sidelines, I don't need to add another one to the party.
Anyway, stalling isn't my kind of battle style, I like attacking relentlessly as you can see by the amount (or lack to be more precise) of setup moves I have in my team (yeah, that seems to be noobish).

Answers in bold and thanks for the tips.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Superpower > Dig on Samurott.

Fire Blast > Flamethrower ; you'll hardly be using it , and you need the extra power to beat Ferrothorn.

Star Champion AJ

While I'm still choosing which Pokémon will get the final spot there are their movesets.

196.gif

Ability: Magic Bounce
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam/HP Fight
Calm Mind
Espeon, a Pokémon I liked in Silver, makes a return (long time no see).
Psychic is Espeon's best STAB move and hits very hard against anything not resisting it.
Shadow Ball destroys Ghosts and other Psychics.
In case I don't get HP Fight (it's hard to get a good HP type), I have to cover Dark-types with Signal Beam.
Calm Mind increases Espeon's already high Sp. Attack to obscene levels.

571.gif

Ability: Illusion
Night Daze
Flamethrower
Grass Knot/HP Fighting
Nasty Plot
Note: NO Focus Blast please!
Zoroark is a tribute to N and it's nice getting one ingame (screw the events).
Night Daze because I don't like spending Shards just to get Dark Pulse (flinching was so nice).
Flamethrower covers Bugs, while Grass Knot punishes heavy foes in case I don't get HP Fighting (seriously NO Focus Blast, its accuracy SUCKS ingame).
Nasty Plot just to be pervert by thinking bad thoughts.
Zoroark's ability won't be really useful since nobody in my team at the moment is weak to Dark, Ghost and mainly Psychic-type moves.

573.gif

Ability: Skill Link
Tail Slap
Bullet Seed
Rock Blast
Thief
One of the cutest Pokémon ever (Emolga is better) but the deadliest one thanks to Skill Link.
Cinccino's main moves abuse Skill Link, having 125 BP (187 for Tail Slap), with the ability to break Substitutes and Sturdy Pokémon (goodbye to those annoying Boldores).
Thief (yeah, it's a weird choice) because I saw good (and stealable) items my opponents have (mainly those Leftovers and Life Orbs).

579.gif

Ability: Magic Guard
Psychic
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Recover
A Pokémon I trained and liked in my last White playthrough, Psychic gets STAB and hits like a truck if you don't resist, Shadow Ball covers Ghosts and other Psychics, while Energy Ball appears since I don't like Focus Blast's low accuracy (something like AI haxing like there's no tomorrow) and PP and it's pretty unlikely I'll ever get a good HP type (Fighting for best results).
Magic Guard to abuse the lack of Life Orb's recoil.

604.gif

Ability: Levitate
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Crunch/Dragon Claw/Brick Break/Rock Slide
Crunch/Dragon Claw/Brick Break/Rock Slide
Eelektross, while it's weird getting another Electric-type, Levitate gives him no weakness (and Galvantula isn't weak to Ground-type moves anyway).
Thunderbolt because I don't like Wild Charge's recoil effect.
Flamethrower gets some sexy coverage.
The last two moves are "fillers" (not very much):
Crunch to crush half of the Elite Four
Dragon Claw is effective against Dragons (Looking at you, Iris!) and gets perfect coverage with Flamethower.
Brick Break covers a lot of types, while Rock Slide has that flinch side-effect (Me gusta!).

628.gif

Ability: Defiant
Fly
Return
Rock Slide
Shadow Claw
Note: NO Superpower please!
If I get DW Braviary, it's going to be my flier.
Fly, just because of Brave Bird's recoil effect (I said that recoil crap thing dozens of times) and for fulfilling my Flying needs.
Return because it's more powerful than Crush Claw (though the Defense drops would be nice sometimes).
The last two moves add some coverage here and there, Rock Slide covers Ice-types and other Flying-types (and can flinch), while Shadow Claw has a high change of scoring a critical hit and because I'm allergic to Superpower.

Last edited:

firerank9

Aura All-Star
While I'm still choosing which Pokémon will get the final spot there are their movesets.
579.gif

Ability: Magic Guard
Psychic
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Recover
A Pokémon I trained and liked in my last White playthrough, Psychic gets STAB and hits like a truck if you don't resist, Shadow Ball covers Ghosts and other Psychics, while Energy Ball appears since I don't like Focus Blast's low accuracy (something like AI haxing like there's no tomorrow) and PP and it's pretty unlikely I'll ever get a good HP type (Fighting for best results).
Magic Guard to abuse the lack of Life Orb's recoil.

I believe you should go with this one. Reuniclus is a Special attacker and the moveset covers most pokemon, except dark types(which moves are more physical than Special). So I recommend ethier a Bold/Lax Nature one, to give Reuniclus a Defence boost.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
I think you shoud go with reuniclus. it is a great pokemon with an excelent HP and an AWESOME special attack. It's weaknesses are unique in your team so you won't have problems qith dark or ghost types thanks to lucario. You don't need braviary. Flygon can fly and you don't need an EXTRA weakness aganst ice attacks (Iris as a Lapras). Braviary would bring extra weaknesses to ROCK in your team as you have galvantula already. Cincinno is cool too but it as a lack of advantage... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.