• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White II Team

I posted this team in my first thread but no one seemed to comment on it so I made its own thread so sorry if that's against the rules or frowned upon or whatever.

This is my team just after the Elite Four in White 2. It was pretty much an unplanned team except for Lucario who I consider to be my starter (since I put the actual starter away and used him instead). It was my first playthrough of these games so I didn't bother trying to get good natures even though one in particular is pretty horrible. It still got me through the game and now I'm wondering which moves I should change if any and which natures/abilities I should have gone for (since I plan to breed this same team again and EV train it). Also suggestions on held items would be good too since I basically had them all hold lucky eggs the whole game.

Lucario
Nature: Rash
Ability: Inner Focus
Ice Punch
Psychic
Swords Dance
Close Combat

Magnezone
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sturdy
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam
Flash Cannon
Metal Sound

Umbreon
Nature: Bashful
Ability:Synchronize
Dark Pulse
Snarl
Psychic
Confuse Ray

Walrein
Nature: Bold
Ability: Ice Body
Blizzard
Suf
Hail
Body Slam

Arcanine
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Intimidate
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Extremespeed
Wild Charge

Braviary
Nature: Modest
Ability: Defiant
Fly
Giga Impact
Superpower
Hone Claws

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I posted this team in my first thread but no one seemed to comment on it so I made its own thread so sorry if that's against the rules or frowned upon or whatever.

This is my team just after the Elite Four in White 2. It was pretty much an unplanned team except for Lucario who I consider to be my starter (since I put the actual starter away and used him instead). It was my first playthrough of these games so I didn't bother trying to get good natures even though one in particular is pretty horrible. It still got me through the game and now I'm wondering which moves I should change if any and which natures/abilities I should have gone for (since I plan to breed this same team again and EV train it). Also suggestions on held items would be good too since I basically had them all hold lucky eggs the whole game.

Lucario
Nature: Rash
Ability: Inner Focus
Ice Punch
Extremespeed
Swords Dance
Close Combat

Extremespeed is useful for eliminating a weakened foe.

Magnezone
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sturdy
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam
Flash Cannon
Metal Sound

Looks good.

Umbreon
Nature: Bashful
Ability:Synchronize
Wish
Baton Pass
Protect
Toxic

Just don't use it on Hugh's Unfezent and you will be fine. He is better left to his superior support stats and movepool. Toxic Stall with Protect and heal teammates along the way.

Walrein
Nature: Bold
Ability: Ice Body
Blizzard
Suf
Hail
Body Slam

Never used him so Idk what to advise.

Arcanine
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Intimidate
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Extremespeed
Wild Charge

Good.

Braviary
Nature: Modest
Ability: Defiant
Fly
Return
Superpower
Brave Bird

You don't need a recharge move when Return outdamages it in 2 turns.

Suggestions and comments in bold.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Lucario
Modest/Timid Nature
~Aura Sphere
~Shadow Ball
~Dragon Pulse
~Flash Cannon

You need more Special attackers.

Magnezone
Modest/Calm Nature
~Thunderbolt
~Signal Beam
~Flash Cannon
~Tri Attack/Metal Sound

Umbreon
Adamant Nature
~Curse
~Payback
~Wish
~Baton Pass/Toxic

Walrein
Adamant Nature
~Waterfall
~Ice Fang
~Earthquake
~Curse/Return/Body Slam

Arcanine's moveset is fine, but if you want a better Nature, go for Hasty/Naive.

Braviary
Adamant/Jolly Nature, Defiant ability
~Superpower
~Shadow Claw/Rock Slide
~Return
~Fly

I assume Fly is for traveling purpose. But really, a Modest Nature? Considering it is stationary, you should have SR-ed its Nature. And it is there every Thursday anyway, so you can get more.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Hail on Walrein isn't brilliant since it harms the rest of your team. You might want to try Earthquake > Hail for some nice coverage, and Ice Beam > Blizzard for accuracy's sake.

Since you're rebreeding Umbreon, go with Curse / Payback / Toxic / Protect, with Wish being an alternative option as your fourth move. Curse makes you more bulky which helps you to Toxic stall, and Payback ensures you're not taunt-bait and also benefits from Curse's -Spe effect.

Personally I'm a fan of Charge Beam > Metal Sound on Magnezone in order to set up. Thunderwave can also be used for some team support.

As for natures when you rebreed, Lucario wants Adamant or Jolly (if you stick with a fully physical set), Magnezone wants Modest, Umbreon wants Careful (since you'll be boosting your defence with Curse), Walrein wants Rash or Mild, Arcanine wants Rash or Mild and Braviary wants Jolly. n_n

When you rebreed Braviary, I recommend you go with the Sheer Force ability as it's superior to Defiant. If you do, use Fly / Rock Slide / Return / Superpower for maximum coverage and power boosts from Sheer Force.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for the replies and yes the modest nature on braviary is what i was referring to when i said one was pretty horrible. In my first playthrough of a game I pay no attention to natures and take whatever one I find first I've never really understood what the natures meant in Ruby/Sapphire so it didn't matter too much then and I still got through the game so yea lol.

Walrein was someone I had never used before so I was pretty impressed by his awesomeness. I got one with ice body so hail+leftovers ended up being really nice. Blizzard made more sense than ice beam because well stronger move and perfect accuracy.