• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
White because of white forest and triple battles and... err.... LOADS OF OTHER STUFF!

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
Im getting white cuz i like zekrom although i will end up getting both

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
I like White, but I want Reshiram!! What to do???!!! lol ...

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
I like White, but I want Reshiram!! What to do???!!! lol ...
You get White and trade for a Reshiram?

I like Black version, but I like Zekrom better, and a friend of mine likes White version, and wants Reshiram, so we're getting the version we want and then trading legendaries.

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Both of course! Well no, I'm a Reshiram Fan and I also like Tornadus, who is in White, but I also like Braviary(most epic bird) and Reuniclus(whatever it is) and also White Forest.
Black City is creepy, it looks like the hideout of criminals and syndicates.

Felix Thunderheart

Pokemon Breeder J.L.
Both of course! Well no, I'm a Reshiram Fan and I also like Tornadus, who is in White, but I also like Braviary(most epic bird) and Reuniclus(whatever it is) and also White Forest.
Black City is creepy, it looks like the hideout of criminals and syndicates.

Not really. If it dark ith alot of lights XD.

m4rtyn

I'm going to get White first, for Leavanny. But I will get Black after, once I've completed White. And (if there is) I'll get "Grey" as well. That way I will have trained all the starters (yay :))

Grei

not the color
I've updated the first post. There seems to be a lot of confusion on what Pokemon are version-exclusive, so everyone should look at the first post if they are confused on which Pokemon are version-exclusive and which ones are not.

Alright, so I'm sure many of you have your minds set on one specific version of the new Pokemon games, Pokemon White and Pokemon Black. I'm also sure that many of you, like myself, are torn on which version to get, and are weighing the merits of either version.

So, here's the thread to discuss it! Vote in the poll: Will you choose White? Will you choose Black? Are you going to skip the choosing process and just get both, or are you going to abstain from purchasing these games, instead opting for an anticipated 3rd installment?

After voting, be sure to post saying what you chose! These posts must be more than a simple one-word response. Nobody wants to read that!

Elaborate!! Say why you're picking Black, or why you like White more. There are plenty of reasons--exclusive Pokemon, cover legendary, battles, locations...

To start off the thread, I'm undecided! I'm leaning more towards Black at the moment. Rotation Battles sound cooler to me than Triple Battles, and I like the high-tech locations more than the natural ones.

EDIT: Since people seem to be confusing this rather regularly...

5th Gen Pokemon exclusive to WHITE:
Zekrom
Rufflet, Braviary
Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus
Petilil, Lilligant
Thundurus
(blue genie, Electric/Flying)​

5th Gen Pokemon exclusive to BLACK:
Reshiram
Vullaby, Mandibuzz
Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle
Cottonee, Whimsicott
Tornadus
(green genie, Pure Flying)​

Pokemon that are NOT version-exclusive:
Tirtouga, Carracosta (the sea turtle)
Archeos, Archetops (the fossil bird)
Venipede, Whirlipede, Scolipede (the centipede line)
Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny (the silkworm)
Golett, Golurk (the clay doll-robot things)
Pawniard, Bisharp (the Power Rangers)​

None of those last six Pokemon are version-exclusive, contrary to popular belief. Only three lines are version-exclusive per game, with two version-exclusive Legendaries as well.

Not that anyone reads the first post anymore, but I figured this should be here.

white version all the way, because the ledgendary on the cover looks so awesome, sorry if I don't know the name of it lol.

Shien

I want to add that if I hadn't japanese Black version. I would have taken the Black. Because I prefer Reshiram. Just because of that.
I voted White (it's because I'll take this version).

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Going for White because my friend's gonna buy Black.

AwesomeZekrom

Co-Owner of pokegyms
Im getting white mostly because of Zekrom and the white forest?
Anyone know what the mystery gift is when you preorder?

Last edited:

EeveeTamer

Dark Shadow
Why just buy one. I could not decide between them so I am buying both.

Crobattt

Search: Shiny Mewtwo
I'm getting both :)

White because I think Zekrom has a much better design than Reshiram, I really want a Braviary, and the White Forrest has a bunch of exclusive Pokemon.

bones090

< brav man i is sick
White for me. I prefer the exclusives in the game. Personally, I always knew a series of games to do with Black and White would come and I chose White. Turned out I was right to.

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
I'll get the 3rd one. Seems so pointless getting the first 2 versions when the 3rd one is always so much better and enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.