• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah, I'm starting to have second thoughts about which version I want. I didn't even realize it before, but both games have a lot going for them. I always just overlooked White version in favor of Black version I suppose. I also realized that the games are going to be released a lot sooner than I had expected, so I have to choose which game I want as my main game soon. Black version would still be a fun game since it has the Goth line, but White version has the Eagle line, which is starting to grow on me. Anyone have any suggestions?

paddylad

paddymon
I'm reaaaally not fussed about any of the non-legendary version exclusives. Nothing remotely exciting (with the slight exception of dream world goth ability, but dream world Chandelure has the same one and is way more interesting).

Reshiram over Zekrom any day tbh. I've always had a thing for fire pokemon, and Reshiram definitely scratches that particular itch.

Also Black City > White Forest. Ergo I am getting Black.

Although I'll be getting White too at some point so it's kind of a moot issue for me.

SneaselClaw

Yeah, I'm starting to have second thoughts about which version I want. I didn't even realize it before, but both games have a lot going for them. I always just overlooked White version in favor of Black version I suppose. I also realized that the games are going to be released a lot sooner than I had expected, so I have to choose which game I want as my main game soon. Black version would still be a fun game since it has the Goth line, but White version has the Eagle line, which is starting to grow on me. Anyone have any suggestions?

If you can't decide because of the Pokemon, do it on the style of battles and also on Black City/White Forest.

garchompkid

i will get white as i want zekrom as it is a bat out of hell (i like meatloaf(the singer))

Flyers108

Il Gran Negoziante
I'm getting White. I have Black in Japanese. I planned on getting White from the beginning so I got Black in Japanese. These days, version exclusives are really a moot point. You can simply go to the GTS and get just about anything or you can jump on a forum or chatroom and get one. It's not like the good old days. I'm having some trouble finding someone who can trade me a Braviary or Rufflet though. The legendaries are the only exclusives that I really care about. I didn't know that rotation battles vs. triple battles were exclusive to each version. I learned that upon entering the thread.

Sakrey

Caring Career
Surely this gen brings to a new level differences between version.
From basic exclusive pokemon for one version, there is now exclusive area/graphical area, preference of battle type (triple battles over rotation battles or vice versa), also exclusive gym leader and even some exclusive items (I've just look onto Pokéarth's P2 Laboratory page and just found out that there will also be exclusive set of cassettes for Genesect, depending on which version you get, woah...)

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
Surely this gen brings to a new level differences between version.
From basic exclusive pokemon for one version, there is now exclusive area/graphical area, preference of battle type (triple battles over rotation battles or vice versa), also exclusive gym leader and even some exclusive items (I've just look onto Pokéarth's P2 Laboratory page and just found out that there will also be exclusive set of cassettes for Genesect, depending on which version you get, woah...)
I really like all of the differences they added this generation. It is cool how different they are.

Rapiido

White.

Only cause I've gotten Blue, Silver, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Pearl, SoulSilver... getting the first of the paired versions just wouldn't fulfill my OCD ha

river-wolf

Onward to Kalos!
White.

Only cause I've gotten Blue, Silver, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Pearl, SoulSilver... getting the first of the paired versions just wouldn't fulfill my OCD ha

LOL that's kind of how I am, too. Although I normally end up getting both versions, I usually end up liking the second of the pair better than the first. (Usually because of the exclusive pokemon in the game.)

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
I am going with white because I like the naturalistic feel of the world. I prefer to explore forests and villages then cities.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Black. Reshiram. That is all.

Performance

The NutShack
I'm gonna go with White this time around, I like the look of it, clean, sleek. No real reason, I suppose. I may get them both, though.

Sara Hysaro

Both, so I don't lose anything when I inevitably want to restart. Besides, I've gotten all the games for all the generations up to this point, no sense in stopping the tradition now. :)

Maverik

Banned
The menus and user interface in Black look sleek and sexy, and Black City seems like an interesting and immersive place to visit. Reshiram's design is also very elegant and I cannot wait to utilize it. Also, the sound of owning "Pokemon Black" just seems very appealing to me.

CommanderCarr

Serperior = Awesome!
Im thinking White because of a couple reasons

1. White Forest=more catchable pokemon
2. White exclusives looook wayyyyy coooler lol
3. Whites have ruled the world for ages. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! hahah jk im not a racist lol

PersianStrike

Im getting Pokemon Black because I usually only get one installment for each generation. I dont have any specific reason for choosing one or the other.

White.

That's how it's ended up for me too, haha. My sister always picked the first in the series, so I always got the second. It's been that way ever since we got Ruby and Sapphire. However, when she decided not to get the GSC remakes, I picked HeartGold (though I ended up getting SoulSilver later).

yeminied

When I knew Zekrom and Reuniclus were going to be in White only I knew I just had to have it first. But it's because of that reason that I'm now thinking of getting Black first.

I'll eventually get both but only one upon release. One of them would be my main game (the one I get first) and the other (the one I get later) would be the one I restart to enjoy the game over and over.

So I'm thinking that I'll get the game that I don't prefer as much.

But then what if I'm not able to get the second game as soon as I would like.

It's just so hard to choose. If only I could get both at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.