• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canto

I'll be getting White for the following reasons:

1. Zekrom - Possibly the beastliest Pokemon ever.
2. Braviary - Another one of the beastliest Pokemon ever.
3. Reuniclus - Love it, it's just so cool. That's why I'll be using one on my main team.
4. White Forest - Packed with some pretty good Pokemon, including Ralts, which evolves into one of my favorite Pokemon: Gallade.

Pansy :]

anustart
Am i the only person that is going to wait until the third installment?!?!?!? it will probably be out within a year and a half, and then theres no worrying over version exclusives.

Pikawho?

(five15)
^A friend of mine is waiting for game 3 to come out as well. You're not alone. lol

Anyways, I'm getting Black. The deciding factor was the main legendary. That thing looks so cool. That's really the only basis for choosing this version. Fortunately, my friend who usually picks the opposite version, would rather have White so things work out yet again this time around.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Am i the only person that is going to wait until the third installment?!?!?!? it will probably be out within a year and a half, and then theres no worrying over version exclusives.

Third versions always have their own version exclusives.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I'm getting White because it has 2 exclusive Pokemon that I like: Reuniclus and (more importantly :p) Machop.

Serperior is King

Im going for White version purely on the fact it has Braviary, Reuniclus and Zekrom, as well as Iris being the final gym leader :)

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Yes, but they also tend to have factors from both games in them... ie. palkia and dialga in platinum, and groudon and kyogre in emerald.

While omitting various other Pokemon.

Is it really worth waiting eighteen months or possibly more just to have the two box legendaries...?

pokeotaku

Pokemon Master
I'm buying both games since I collect all the versions, but Black will be my main game. I'm gonna choose Oshawott, so I assume Reshiram will be easier to fight and such with a water starter so I won't need to use a master ball. =P Also, I think Reshiram is cooler since it's like "the first wyvern pokemon" and such. x)

luxrayshock

I'll be buying white for a few reasons. zekrom is one, i like it better than reshiram, and the version exclusives are cooler (in my opinion) than those of black. I find braviary better than mandibuzz

kogawolfman

Alpha Mightyena
I'm getting White Version because I like almost all the version exclusives better than those on Black. I like Reshiram better than Zekrom, but oh well. Plus, I'm a hippy, so I like the White Forest and appearance of the last gym-city better.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
I am getting both as per usual, but originally Black was going to be my main version. However after some reasearch I decided that White would be my main version. This is mainly because of version exclusives. Braviary is a pokemon I wanted to use since I first saw it. Reuniclus and Zekrom as well are pokemon I am interested in. White forest too appeals to me more so than Black city.
I prefer Drayden over Iris personally. Drayden just seems like a more satisfying opponent to me, probably why Ill use my Black for youtube videos, so theres another reason to use White as my main game.

-;248;

pokeotaku

Pokemon Master
I agree. Torterra's are awesome. x)

Noir Lait

I'm getting White because my very vocal little sister fell in love with Reshiram and refuses to get White instead. I'm okay with getting White, since I like the version exclusives better. I'll miss Black City and Reshiram, but I can always get him in the third version (and look over my sister's shoulder for the version differences).

Chimchar15

It's all about Black version to me. As Grei said high tech places are more appealing to me especially since a lot of locations and cities were more natural. Also I think Drayden is a lot cooler than Iris and of course Reshiram. I have been waiting for a Fire/Dragon type combo since gen 1. Also Black City and Opelucid City in Pokemon Black look amazing. All in all I'm glad that I pre-ordered Black version.

Pansy :]

anustart
While omitting various other Pokemon.

Is it really worth waiting eighteen months or possibly more just to have the two box legendaries...?

well, when your being paid less then five dollers a month from your parents, as they don't like to pay you much for baby sitting, so your forced to pretty much get one or the other... yes, it is.

Kur0nue

Round-a-Bound
White has better version exclusives including Zekrom, Wargle and Uniran. Plus, Black City isn't all that great.

EarthKeeper

Rocket Champion
white for the simple fact of (sorry i have no names) the legendary pokemon obtainable on the box. that and white forrest xD

Chimchar15

I am getting both as per usual, but originally Black was going to be my main version. However after some reasearch I decided that White would be my main version. This is mainly because of version exclusives. Braviary is a pokemon I wanted to use since I first saw it. Reuniclus and Zekrom as well are pokemon I am interested in. White forest too appeals to me more so than Black city.
I prefer Drayden over Iris personally. Drayden just seems like a more satisfying opponent to me, probably why Ill use my Black for youtube videos, so theres another reason to use White as my main game.

-;248;

Just so you know Drayden is the 8th gym leader of Pokemon Black while Iris is the 8th leader in White.

Status
Not open for further replies.