• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alfredo3001

Creaming in PAIN!
White,Because my cousin told me that Zekrom was an angel send to protect earth from reshiram.And who doesn´t love Lighting strike?

Xman96

Fighting Leader
I am getting both. Originally I was just going to get Black, but decided that I wanted to have a game that I could replay over and over again without having to lose all of my awesome pokemon. I like Black because of Reshiram and because of the tech theme. However, I really like all of White's exclusives, so I am torn on which one to have as my main. I am leaning toward Black because of Black City.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I voted for Black because thats the version I'm going to play first but I'm buying both versions. I can say however that I'm playing Black first because I like Reshiram more and love monmen's( don't know it's english name) evolution more as well.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I'm getting Black because I really want Reshiram, I like it a whole lot more than Zekrom. Only thing that's killing me about this is that all the other version exclusives I like are in White (Reuniclus, Braviary, ect). My friend is getting White, so I just trade with him though.

I also like the look of Black City over White Forest, so I'm excited to see that with my own game.

Aurath8

I prefer White because:
-I havent seen the epic 3D cutscenes should you be playing White yet.
-I'd love to be able to find wild Porygon, Togepi, Trapinch, Bagon and Happiny.
-White exclusives are all better except Shroomish in Black.
-Apparently you can find evo stones in White Forest.
-I also dont need infinite evo stones.
-Elite 4 rematches and Nimbassa Sports domes>Black City trainers for exp. points.
-I live somewhere between suburban and urban lifestyles. White's rural feel will be a welcome change.
-Triples>Rotation battles.
-I should be able to do most things I missed in Black in the third game anyway.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Just so you know Drayden is the 8th gym leader of Pokemon Black while Iris is the 8th leader in White.

Yeah I know. I said I was making white my main game (the game I don't restart ever) because Drayden is a cooler leader and thus I'd rather battle him for my Youtube videos and then again when I restart that game.

-;248;

Aegon

I'll be choosing Pokémon White, because I prefer Zekrom. That's about it really, as I don't care so much about the version-exclusive places.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
i like both.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I'm getting Black first, 'cause I like the Goth line and you get to fight Drayden in Black, right? Then maybe sometime after my birthday I'll get White 'cause I also like Braviary and I also like White Forest. :D

SHIFTER01

you ever just wanna pierce the heavens?
going with white here. Lilligant is just amazing, Zekrom is far cooler, and white forest seems overall more useful to me.

;136; Dude

SneaselClaw

I'm getting White first, mostly for Zekrom and the other exclusive Pokemon. But I've always preferred the natural elements in Pokemon, rather than Industrial. So can't wait to go to White Forest.

I'll probably pick up Black at some point later though

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I was originally going to get White alone (that doesn't sound wrong at all) because I wanted a Lilligant, but then I got back into Random Doom (Pokemon comic series on deviantArt), which caused a Seismitoad character to form in my mind, which would totally conflict with the Lilligant. I still plan on playing White first, but I added Black to my pre-order so I could trade over a female of the starter I didn't pick (Tepig or Oshawott) for breeding purposes come the post-game, then playing Black as the girl and starting with Snivy.

Yummy_boi

I am SailorVenus ^_~
I'm getting White, but only because I HAVE to battle Iris. Everything else is irrelevant. Although, I really would prefer Baruchai and the Goth Line AND the Black City, but whatever. I'll forfeit it all for Iris !

Those of you planning to get the third version should concider the follwing. If it's anything like Emerald and Platinum... IT MAY NOT BE OUT FOR ANOTHER TWO YEARS!

Can you wait that long to experiance Gen V? 'Cos I sure can't!

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I will be getting both like all ways, but i prefer White due to the exclusives (bar Whimsicott) so White will be my main version.

Status
Not open for further replies.