• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jragun

Well, my top three favorite types are Electric, Dragon, and Dark.
This decision was easy for me, since the White legendary is black with Dragon/Electric type. Not the Dark type, but at least it's a dark color. Although, I'm sure I'll get Grey (or whatever it'll be) when it comes out too. I'm also planning to get Black when I get a 3DS.

wolf king

Resistance is futile
Any reason why? I think you'll really enjoy it.

well i like all the legendaries (Except the white one reshirem i think it is ^ ^) and i like the fact they brought back dive ,and stopped tm's being 1 usage ,but if you trade from your fourth gen game ,it's like pal park ,you can't get it back ,it's also a little to new for me ,i was one of the ones who moaned about all the remakes ^^ ,and wanted them to make something totally new ,but iv'e gotten to like my fourth gen games ,and it would have been nice if they made 1 last remake :( ,also i think the 3rd installement will have corrected mistakes and graphics (like platinum being the better remake of diamond and pearl) :) so for now i'll just restart my fourth gen games and wait until next year ^^

Kiya

Teehee Slayer
Black of course!

I totally wanted the black pokemon but then I saw that the white pokemon was fire and dragon and I quickly changed my mind!
And btw, who totally changed their opinions about the game in general? who used to doubt it then started playing it and realized it was actually better then they thought? (specially the pokemon XD)

NitroxBain

Fallout Trainer
Black, for the fact it has that town that looks awesome. i hate the legendary for it but i can always find someone who wants that legendary.

Lone_Nightingale

Pokemon Breeder
My wife and I purchased both of them. We had a discussion over the version differences before we decided who got what. She likes the more natural aesthetics of White, so I got Black. They are both very cool though.

Necko

Gothic PokemonRanger
Black. Im more of a techno city guy than country and I like the option to mostly buy my items instead of elusive hunting. Though I like the cover legendary on white version, I can trade up for it easy from my black version. Besides if you read my ranger title uptop , I believe for me personally it says it all ><.

SilverSoulLugia

White - mainly for Zekrom, and the forest just appeals to me more than the city.
Besides, when he has enough money, my boyfriend is gonna get Black, and he'd appreciate the city more.

MeiChama

Spazztastic Fangirl~
I chose Pokemon White because Zekrom looked WAY cooler than Reshiram to me. And I REALLY wanted Rufflet/Braviary over Vullaby/Mandibuzz.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I picked White because I like Zekrom more than Reshiram. I like both, but Zekrom is just pure awesomeness =)

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
I got White version for a couple of reasons:

1) The legendary on the Box looks cooler
2) I identify more with the color white than black
3) Azurill can be caught in White Forest and Azumarill is my favorite Pokemon
4) The three or so people I know personally who got this generation of games all got Black

Skibob

BUCKET
Honestly, though the English version I chose is Black, I prefer White purely for the White Forest's version exclusives... the benefits of Black City are pretty far between from what I can tell so far.

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
Honestly, though the English version I chose is Black, I prefer White purely for the White Forest's version exclusives... the benefits of Black City are pretty far between from what I can tell so far.

From what I've heard, the trainers in Black City will endlessly rematch you, so that could be a huge advantage in training your pokemon if it's true.

sunnygowing

Getting there...
I got Black because the shop I went into ran out of White!

Skibob

BUCKET
From what I've heard, the trainers in Black City will endlessly rematch you, so that could be a huge advantage in training your pokemon if it's true.

From what I've tried, they battle you once a day. While they can be useful for money and experience, on average the levels of their Pokemon aren't especially high for post-60ish leveling. :/ Lower levels though, sure.

Drako

Darkness Eternal
I chose White because of Zekrom and White Forest. I considered Black because Black City sounded freaking awesome but ultimately I decided that White offered more version exclusives I like (Mismagius, for sure). But I will eventually get Black to experience Black City - if the third version doesn't offer both white forest and black city. Pokemon Grey anyone? Heck no.

Last edited:

Pyroli

Banned
I got White for the version exclusives and the White Forest of course.
And because i'm obsessing over Solosis and it's evolutions

Ablepsy

I got black because I like Reshiram, and the exclusive stuff better.
While I like Solosis, I like Gothita better! Black City is also very awesome, even though White Forest has its perks.
I played through White for a while, until the differences really began to show, and I'm very happy that I decided to go with Black for sure.
^_^

DarumakkaImposter

i chose white for the japanese one i got and i schose white for the english. i have bth games though. i think zekrom looks alot cooler than reshiram and renuclis is one of the best pokemon ive ever had. brivary looks alot better than mandibuzz. i like learning about old stuff but i wouldnt be able to go anywhere without the new technology.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I chose White since everyone is going for White to catch Zekrom I think Reshiram actually is pretty cool. Better version exclusives and since most people will have White version compared to my black, my version exclusive's trade value will go up and it will be easier to get version exclusives from White version since there are more copies out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.