• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocent Squirtle

I do not own either black or white version, but through a friend I personally find black version to be more suited for my taste, although i like mascot of pokemon white better. (cough*>_>zekrom) I liked black city more than white forest. plus the fact the fact the techno version music of opelucid city sounds more awesome than the more natural, tame version found in pokemon white.
all in all, my vote goes to black.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Black: Futuristic, Black City, Reshiram and other version exclusive pokemon
White: Nature, White Forest, Zekrom and other version exclusive pokemon

now if only Reshii didn't have that crotch-fuzz thing... >_>;;
I wish ZoruaZoroark wasn't event-only though...

and there will be no "Gray Version" but a third version is still a possibility

Lone_Nightingale

Pokemon Breeder
Grey Version

^ Why is there no Gray/Grey version, give your reasoning.

There will be. It'll be the updated 3rd version (like yellow, crystal, emerald, or platinum) that has features that work on the 3DS. Don't take my word for it. I'm only speculating.

Pokemon Grey ;646; <---(it'll work when they implement the Kyurem sprite smiley...)

Scratch

i got white, but now i hear black has better music? BLAHHHH

Icetron

Why so serious?
I voted for Black because it will be my main game. White will be my side game that I restart on. I prefer Black because I think Reshiram looks more like a dragon than Zekrom, who looks more mechanical.

Mike Breezy

Black here. Black is my all time favorite color, plus, Reshiram being a fire type, and I love fire..it's just too freakin' awesome :D

Etrigan85

UU/NU Trainer
White because

A - Prefer Zekrom over Reshiram
B - Girlfriend wanted black version so intead of buying 2 blacks, 1 black 1 white and trade version exclusives between each other....

And they say romance is dead..

Illusion-Master-Zoroark

<-- He will find you
White the chill music is stupid but zekrom is EPIC

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
White. Because Zekrom could possibly check the powerful Uber force Kyogre, while Reshiram would be blasted silly.

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
White, Though I'm not a fan of Zekrom, I have a thing for Electric Pokemon, plus I like White Forest Better.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I chose White because my roommate wanted to get Black. Originally I did too, but I think I'm happier this way. Besides, I'll probably get Black eventually too.

Kingudora

My favourite
I chose white because of Zekrom, Solosis line and the other exclusives, White forest and Iris as gym leader.

However, since I don't have any other friends who plays pokemon, I'll be stuck with my starting White forest-pokemon (Aron, Mareep and Rhyhorn. meh)

Electric

White, because of Zekrom, not having to ever encounter that stupid Gothia Pokemon in the wild (it's so ugly, who is responsible for it?) and White Forest- you can get 101 more Pokemon in White Version than in Black (the 100 in White Forest including evolutions. Also, Illumise can breed and therefore you can get Volbeat making it 101.)

Tyranitar Terror

Tyranitar Trainer
White, purely because of these things:
1) Zekrom-way cooler looking than Reshishram
2) Triple battles look better than Rotation
3) White forest lets you catch the basic pokemon rather than battling its evolved forms
4) Thunderous is Thunder + Flying rather than just flying

Super Moa

Black, most people will get White for the White Forest, Zekrom and Solosis (not to mention getting a Bagon in the White Forest!). You always need someone with the less picked version for exclusives White doesn't get and so that's what went into buying the Black Version.

This is the first time since Ruby did i get one of two versions. Last Pokemon game i played before Gen V was Platinum version. I didn't see the need to get HG or SS since it didn't improve upon much (unlike Black/White, which is a Godsend when it comes to the gameplay changes) and i already played Gold version so.....yeah.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.