• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
White for me, I like the forest, the Pokemon and the color better.

Sadly, I like Reshiram more than Zekrom but I'll just trade for one.

locomo

Want a hug? :)
Basically, I chose black just for reshiram. Id prefer the forest over the black city, but reshiram is cool.

aaron-now

Black. I'm not sure why, especially when I like the idea of a natural world over man made. I guess I saw Reshiram and his torch tail and decided off that. Reshiram is also the better Pokemon imo.
Black City is ugly. But Opelucid City's music sounds awesome :D

chillycheif

white because it has more pkm that i like and zekrom is way cooler to me than reshiram
but recently i have come into some money and bought black 2 :)

cosmicwaffle

i chose white becaue of Zekrom! lol he just looks so cool...

Serenna

White strictly because I liked Zekrom's looks a lot more than Reshiram. Not to mention the other version exclusives (even though it wasn't hard to trade for the ones I can't get on White via the GTS)

Only missing Reshiram and Tornadrus for Black exclusives now.

I do wish I had Black City though. I would get much more use out of it than White Forest atm until I can get Pokemon Black.

But I will eventually get Pokemon Black only because I want a game I can restart if I'm bored enough. I like this storyline a LOT more than others strictly because I don't need a HM slave to get through the main game.

Obsidian Helix

Silently waiting
All Black, all the way.

Lol, just wanted a New Zealand reference there. Patriotism at work.
But nah I prefer the exclusives (apart from Reshiram) and the look of the game, as well as Black City (haven't got there yet but will soon) and don't really mind which out of Rotation and Triple Battle.

I'll get White anyway, and if there is a third version I'll definitely get that. I missed out on Emerald and Platinum, I won't miss out again.

fireice

why so much hate for resharim :lol:

I mean only heatran has the typing for his moves to do minimal damage

there are a lot of pokemon that resist dragon/electric however

I was going to get White since I love the White Forest and it's more naturalistic but my cousin and I like to have different games and he really loved Zekrom and I love Reshiram so I ended up with Pokemon Black.

Ghostfoot

crooked witch
Originally I was suppose to get White first but then some events happened.. And I ended up getting Black first.

I was sorta upset about it at the time, being hung up on getting the version I'd been anticipating. but now? Honestly I have to say I am a fan of Black. Reshiram is a boss. When I caught it I named it Socks (Zekrom's gonna be Boots) :| I've always liked it better than Zekrom but was all into White for its version exculsives (particularly Iris)
When N has Zekrom he seems much more menacing... And like a real competitor. Sorry but Reshi doesn't scare me. IT'S FLUFFY. Plus I adore Reshiram's cry o-o I think it sounds a million times better than Zekrom's. Opelucid city is more awesome in Black and I love Black City's music to death D:

I finished Black and am playing White right now for the record :| If you don't like the Black's version Pokemon you can always trade on Wifi or with a friend for Braviary or Reiunculus or whatever. 'Tis what I did.

PferdloverX3

Spirit of the Desert
White FTW

White version because of the white forest, only con that i have seen so far is that its difficult to train because you can't really rebattle anyone :(

About the "Kids Game" thing - they wouldn't get the Cotton reference these days. =P
Plus I think of two Pokemon in particular aren't kid-friendly: Yamask & Litwik (+Evo)
By that, I mean read their Pokedex entries... As a Kid, I knew what ghosts and souls were, and those two+ would've creeped me the hell out at a gullible age.

Semi-Related note... this is the first Pokemon game where a ghost type actually comes out and admits "This used to be a human at one point" right? (Not to mention the whole Michael Vick style battling-monsters morality story thing is kinda deep for "kids")

Sorry this is so late to respond (not sure if you're even reading this thread anymore)

But this gen is an attempt to restart the series without destroying its roots if you get what I mean. Originally in Red and Green (Blue) and yellow, the pokemon were more devious and did things their original animal counterparts do. Such as Golbat sucking blood and such. So that being said, these games are trying to reach a maturity level that the Legend of Zelda has while still maintaining a kid-friendly atmosphere and succeeding in my opinion. Kids can take a whole lot more than one would think (not to mention my little brothers who are 10 and 11 don't really care about pokedex entries and lore so I'm inclined to say that some just don't care.) Also, about the cotton reference...of course that's very true, kids wouldn't understand the implications of it but I honestly don't think it's so bad and a lot of it is coincidental. I mean to say, the Japanese in media do tend to have very silly senses of humor with this type of thing so it very well could be. I'm just gonna look at it positively and leave it at Whimsicott being a good pokemon.
Back to the pokedex entries for a second, yes, Yamask was a human at one point but if one thinks about what Gastly's line does to people in the show/games it's not too different. The ghosts are supposed to be mischievous and have that deep, scary side to them. If they weren't scary then they wouldn't be ghosts, now would they? They're also used as an western concept of ghosts in that they're not exactly human-friendly. Other than Casper, what ghosts in American media especially have friendly ghosts that don't scare people witless?

Anyway on topic: I'm getting Black now that I've finished White and I love the story behind these games and I don't feel like deleting my White's save file.

Skittykitty1

Skitty Master
I got Black, mainly because Reshiram appealed more to me. He's kind of cute actually. :3

But I did kind of like the idea of White Forest, so that's the only thing I can think of that I wish I would have had. For pokemon changes, I can just trade for the ones I wanted or something.

Pinfin

Pokemon White was my choice.
When I first saw the Legendaries available to each, Zekrom and Reshiram my imediate reaction was to go for Black and get Reshiram, a very beautifully designed Pokemon. Then I found out that Reuniclus is only available in White, and I'd kinda fallen in love with that adorable little multi-celled creature, plus I found out that Zekrom is part Electric type, my favourite type, so it had to be White in the end.
Though I'm not going to buy Black, wouldn't even if I had the money, don't really see the point myself when Nintendo/Game Freak have yet to fail to release a third installment for a generation.
Though Pokemon Grey does seem a bit drap so I'm hoping they don't go for that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.