• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I'm getting both, will play White first simply because I prefer Zekrom (who is a combination of my two favourite types) over Reshiram.

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
White, due to the redundance of Black City, the awesomeness of White Forst and the exclusives.

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
I would get white because
1. I like Zekrom over Reshiram
2. I like White Forest
3. White has cooler exclusives.

But Black dose have some cool things as well
1. More Rotation Battles
2. Black City
3.Drayden

jammiedodger

Can someone tell me off-hand which is the 'secondary' version this generation? White or Black?

I've always got the secondary version each gen (blue, silver, etc) and I'd like to keep up the tradition.

Whichever it is, that's the one I'll get.

Last edited:

kaialone

Im gonna get Black,becaue me and my siblings have a deal.Whenever we cant decide,we make sure atleast one of us gets the one the others dont want so we have both in our household. When I got Diamond my sister got Pearl and when my siblings both got Soulsilver I got Heartgold,and now my siblings get White and I get Black

ashgirl92

Blazing Glory...
Can someone tell me off-hand which is the 'secondary' version this generation? White or Black?

I've always got the secondary version each gen (blue, silver, etc) and I'd like to keep up the tradition.

I am almost positive that the secondary version is White.

GaZsTiC

Alternating

The secondary version is White as Reshiram (the mascot of Black) comes before Zekrom (the mascot of White) in the Pokedex.

jwla

I think I've changed my decision on which to get (first, at least, I may buy the other). I was originally going to get Black because I played through White once and because I wanted Whimsicott. However, I remembered I can trade for (and if I am not happy with it--breed a new) Cottonee. And I like Zekrom a LOT better than Reshiram.

Legendary Dreams

White.

1) I want Zekrom (Generator > Turbine as tails for me)
2) I want Reuniclus and Braviary.
3) White Forest > Black City for me. Black City's art is nicer, but I prefer an additional forest compared to an additional city in my game.

Nice to hear that pretty much everything I wanted is in one version, so not much heartbreaks over choosing.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I'm getting both, simply because I just can't decide.

I love the technological aspect of Black but Zekrom in White is a bit cooler. Plus I bought both Diamond and Pearl so why not keep up with tradition, eh?

jammiedodger

Thanks for the information guys. I guessed that it was White, but wasn't sure.

I haven't been keeping that up to date with all the info and it sounds like there is more differences between the two than I was expecting.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I'll be getting both due to the fact they both offer me something I want but I'll be using White most. I do plan to beat the Elite Four on White before Black and then transfer some older Pokemon over and use them on the rest of Black.

:-D

March 6,2011........
I prefer Black because of Reshiram and the Black City. The version exclusive pokemon might not be as good,but I don't really like any of the version exclusive pokemon anyway.

Xer

I'll be getting White first, just because I find Zekrom and the other version exclusives much more appealing than those of Black. I may or may not buy Black after I beat White. My sister will be getting Black, so I could always get some version exclusives and access to Black City from her.

ashgirl92

Blazing Glory...
I think I am getting White. I couldn't decide for a bit, but I think I have now. I do like Zekrom, but in all honestly, I really don't use Legendaries all that much. I like the version exclusives better, and I think White Forest will be fun. I like the nature theme better, and if I do get bored I can always get Black later on if I choose.

UnovaSwampert

I think I am getting White. I couldn't decide for a bit, but I think I have now. I do like Zekrom, but in all honestly, I really don't use Legendaries all that much. I like the version exclusives better, and I think White Forest will be fun. I like the nature theme better, and if I do get bored I can always get Black later on if I choose.

Right, I agree with getting Black once I get bored with White. In all honesty, I'd rather see Black City more than White Forest, but Zekrom is the tipping point.

:-D

March 6,2011........
one of the main reasons I'm probably not going to get White is because EVERYONE is getting White. it is overused.

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Ever since I first heard the new names I leaned towards black and then when Reshiram was revealed as it's mascot it was a sealed deal. It suits me better anyway since I care a lot more about Black city than White forest.

That being said I think the version exclusives (besides Reshiram) in white are nicer, and I will definitely get that version as well later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.