• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drlb26

Let's GO!
White, because of Zekrom and Braviary.

Beastly

I want to get White because of White Forest.. but I also want to get Black because of it's version exclusives. I can't decide!

MJN2010

I ended up choosing white in the end as i liked the idea of white forest

Although in regards to pokemon availability and exclusives , with the GTS and wifi i don't think affects people as much these days

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm picking pokemon white because I like zekrom alot better then reshiram.

Last edited:

RICH

white because i like the sound of this white forest place even though im not sure exactly what it is

chaos control king

Ultimate Life Form
I'm getting black so I can trade with my brother who is getting white.

Denexiar

Shiny Collector
White because:
White Forest- The less Pokemon I need to transfer the better.
Version Exclusives- Reuniclus, Braviary, and Lilligant.
Older buildings > Very futuristic buildings (IMO)

Now, I am going to get Black eventually too. It was just a deciding factor of which game had more things to offer me, so I would buy it first. White had more benefits than Black for me because all I really liked about Black was:

Fighting Drayden instead of Iris- Not that I don't like Iris, it's just I don't like her as a gym leader.
Reshiram > Zekrom
Black City- Ability to buy all the evolutionary stones instead of FINDING them.

Three reasons for each- could just be a toss of a coin, right? All in all, I feel that better version exclusives (ones that I would use) and the ability to catch a bunch of lv.5 Pokemon from older gens had more value than my preference of Black's version mascot and Drayden.

Well- tomorrow is the day I OD on White. I even went out of my way to do my weekend homework today, which as we all know MUST be saved for Sunday night. :p

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
White. I prefer the Pokemon in White (Zekrom, Reuiniclus, Braviary) and I like the White forest.

ChaosJay

Chaos Lord
Pokemon black all the way. Looooooove the City life and usually I go for the dark type looking pokemon, but I'll be different and choose the angelic lookin Reshiram.

KKInu

I'M SO INDECISIVE.

reasons for picking white first:
I'm a nature person and not a huge fan of massive industrialization
I like more of its exclusives

reasons for picking black first:
I like Reshiram
I want to pick Pokabu for my main game and Oshawott for my second game.... if I pick Oshawott in White then I'll get to face both Cilan and Iris in the same game, which I think would be neat.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

I'm getting both either way though.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
White. Zekrom is amazing. And shiny Braviary is even more amazing.

EUSHINY

I pre resereved both games at target sure I could have gotten them

at gamestop.

But I dont think game stop has 1.00 reservation

cards with a 5.00 amount on each card to put

towards ur purchase but target does.

My main reason for getting pokemon black and white is Zoroark and the front game case

cover legendaries.

Plus I can search for players on the games and battle trade ect.

can't use talk feature casue I dont have a dsi.

I do have a onix black pokemon limited edition nintendo ds lite

and a gold zelda nintendo ds Lite though.

And a ear piece the nintendo one.

It's just my opinion but there are only a few decent pokemon in the whole game.

I am a pokemon veteran I have been playing pokemon games since

red,blue,yellow,crystal,gold silver and they all still work.

I own every pokemon game except the tcg one video game wise.

Twilight Sky

Phantasmic. ★
After a while of pondering and some hard decisions, I've decided on Black version. I'm getting both anyway, but Black version first. I can't really say why, I guess it's because I like Reshiram slightly better than Zekrom, but I think Zekrom is still amazing. ♥

RequiemUltima

Proud Pokémaniac
^ I agree totally. Reshiram is awesome, even though he's pushed aside in favor Zekrom most of the time. I'm getting Black 'cause Reshiram is just beastly, appearence wise and in combat.

Lucario11

Aura Guardian
I'll admit I didn't really do any research before making my choice. I pre-ordered black because my brother pre-ordered white. Then, I forget where, but I mentioned which one I'd pre-ordered, and someone pointed out an...awkward trait on Reshiram. My brother doesn't really care, so we just agreed to swap the games once we get them.

And what are they going to call the third game, anyway? Gray?

Last edited:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I'll be getting White in English. I imported Black because I was eager to play these games this time (after much debate if I should have imported HGSS and ended up not, I decided this time I would just import and enjoy the experience). I wanted to play White in English so thats why I ordered black.

Status
Not open for further replies.