• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekka245

I got White, not because of Zekrom, but because of all the version exclusive content. I hardly use Legendaries, and I only plan to use Zekrom in just one battle. (the one it has to be used in)

Jasper Kazai

Ice Cold Milk
I got White version. I was getting the game at the same time with 3 of my friends. Out of these friends, 2 were planning on Black and 1 was planning on White, so I tentatively decided upon White to even it out. Then, when I looked up the version differences, I was sure I wanted White. The White Forest just completely outweighs Black's exclusives, in my opinion.
The only problem is that I'd much rather have the Fire Dragon... But so do all of my friends, so no chance of trading (except for Pokédex reasons). Oh well.

Now one of my other friends, who has yet to get the game, can't decide. He wouldn't be evening out the version count among us, and he'd prefer to have Reshiram as well. But he agrees of the value of White Forest over Black City, and he likes the sound of triple battles over rotation battles.
(None of us have gotten to a triple or rotation battle yet in our games, so we don't know what's better/cooler. We're all intentionally not looking up stuff so we enjoy our first playthrough by finding stuff out on the fly.)

Black because of Reshiram and I want to pick the opposite of what I wanted at first. ^_^

Seem

Hollen i ven.
I was going to choose White based on the Pokemon since I really wanted a Reuniclus on my team.

I ended up getting both versions, haha!

I decided on black, mostly because of the battles in the black city. Luckily for me you can trade for a Petili as Cottonee looks fairly homely...

The Legendary pokemon I care about happen to be part fighting so the whole mascot thing doesn't effect me... and while Reshiram has a great typing I think it could have looked a tad better, not that I’m complaining.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
im playing white but i have black as i spare :) when i grabb my pokes from soul silver ill play through black again but use my white as my main one

Sephyre

Grass Lover
Loving White (L)
- Color and version exclusives - but I hate dragon pokemon so Zekrom isn't in my list of most wanted :S
And the National Pokedex is amazing with all pokemons *_*

.:Alex:.

White.

I prefer Zekrom. I prefer Thundurus. I prefer the nature theme. I prefer the concept of White Forest, to Black City. And Opelucid City definitely looks and sounds much better in White. The colour scheme of the Black version almost gives me a migraine...

I got black, Reshiram has much better typing and I like its stats more (special over physical) also Black City is very cool. I do have to admit that white has better version exclusives besides the legendarys, but I can easily trade them over. Also despite the fact that I didn't know before I got it I'm definitely happy about rotation battles (I don't really get why they're version exclusive though)

FatalOmega

Aquatic Fanatic
I grabbed White for White Forest. My first day discovering it I was able to find a shiny could not be any more satisfied with my decision.

I went White, mainly for the white forest, but also for Thunderus. Sad that I haven't gotten a Breloom yet, but should get one later from the GTS.

creature

i chose white cos of the nature tyle theme :) i raised half the team in diamond then realise icant trade 4th gen with 5th :( can anyone help me out with this? if you can can you pm me ? thanks :)

smartie

Some of the version exclusives for Black are just alot better. But White forest is soooooo much better then Black City. I just had to get White.

Pseudo Lovely

Dream your heart out
At first I wanted Black since I like Reshiram more than Zekrom, but I ended up getting White in the end. I don't use legendaries (this is actually my first time using one as a regular part of my team with Victini) so that helped with my decision. The nature theme and version exclusives were more of what set my decision on White in the end since I like White's exclusives more than Black's and I like nature over technology.

I may end up getting Black at some point or I may end up waiting for the 3rd game to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.