• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White or Black? (and Why?)

Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSuperFreaKK

Hoenn Trainer
I'll be getting White, because I like White much better than Black as a color. (Although my favorite color is Green.) Even though I like Reshiram MUCH better than Zekrom, I'm pretty sure that I can exchange mine for a Reshiram from somebody else. Come on, how long have we all been waiting for a Fire Dragon? I have, at least, for a LONG time. Also, Zekrom looks like a robot. Braviary looks awesome, and Liligant seems better than Whimsicott. I have a Question. From what I've gathered, Rotation battles seem exclusive to Black, and Triple Battles exclusive to White. Is that true?

Chimchar15

I'll be getting White, because I like White much better than Black as a color. (Although my favorite color is Green.) Even though I like Reshiram MUCH better than Zekrom, I'm pretty sure that I can exchange mine for a Reshiram from somebody else. Come on, how long have we all been waiting for a Fire Dragon? I have, at least, for a LONG time. Also, Zekrom looks like a robot. Braviary looks awesome, and Liligant seems better than Whimsicott. I have a Question. From what I've gathered, Rotation battles seem exclusive to Black, and Triple Battles exclusive to White. Is that true?

No there a four rotation battles in black and one triple battle while in white there are four triple battles and one rotation battle. I much prefer rotation battles.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
I got White because of Zekrom and because I prefer a more rural environment for Pokemon games. Although, I was disappointed when I heard that Gothita is exclusive to Black and Sawk is pseudo-exclusive. Braviary is also cooler than the vulture one. White Forest also interests me more than Black City because I'm more interested in catching Pokemon.

I'm a bit surprised that White is more popular than Black... it seemed like Black would be the primary version in the prerelease, but I suppose the fans have spoken.

Celleno

I've been going back and forth alot, but in the end I think I'm going for White because of White Forest and Braviary. Although I do like Reshiram better than Zekrom, and I'll miss Houndoom. But I can always trade for those I suppose.

whataffah

Like someone said being a racist cause of having pokemon white:
They had to have all Gymleaders black in pokemon black! Not just Lenora! And seriously... What's that Lenora doin' in pokemon white then...

But no seriously, I picked pokemon Black. Why? Cause of Black City and the pokemon (Hell no Reshiram... What's it by the way with the legendaries havin a 45 catch rate? Bring it back to 3!)
I'm talking bout the pokemon: Houndour/-doom and Vullaby/Mandibuzz. Just for 2 pokemon I'm deciding? Yeah, cause I think all those Gen.5 pokemon suck and the English names suck even more. The only one havin a chance getting in SSBB2 (if it comes) is Zoroark, but ingame, it's weak. (It isn't the expected Dark-Lucario)

I hate it though, that Rotation and Triple battles are different per game. I want them both as much. And if Zekrom was in pokemon Black LIKE HE SHOULD BE, then it would be Black for everyone, definitely. -I don't even use legendaries, but it's way cooler-

Red421

Uses Ubers
I (of course?) bought both. I tend to delete the game files on one game after sending the useful pokemon and items from the other. I'm choosing to make pokemon black the one that I restart over and over because I've never really been satisfied with available electric type pokemon. Zekrom being electric dragon is an awesome combo as is thundrus.

Autumn Emolga

Discharge!
I chose Black. I prefer the 5th gen exclusives, Opelucid City will rock, Black City is pretty cool and I can transfer Pokémon from D/SS to get the White Forest Pokémon! :D

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
I also went for black mainly because I prefered the look of Reshiram to Zekrom. Also Black City is superior to White forest when i can transfer any pokemon over from Diamond if I desired.

Wraithwin

Dark Trainer
Pokemon Black here - Let my wife pick first, but I'm happy with my version~
Thought Dragon/Fire would be cool... Now to pray for Shiny. :) (gold bands = awesome)

There's one problem I have with it though. Still can't believe my eyes.
"Cottonee" - only appears in the Black version... Really? Are you serious?
For White to get it, someone must pick one up in Black, and give it to White.

I hope for the love of god(s) this was not intentional, because man does it stand out.

Pokemon Black here - Let my wife pick first, but I'm happy with my version~
Thought Dragon/Fire would be cool... Now to pray for Shiny. :) (gold bands = awesome)

There's one problem I have with it though. Still can't believe my eyes.
"Cottonee" - only appears in the Black version... Really? Are you serious?
For White to get it, someone must pick one up in Black, and give it to White.

I hope for the love of god(s) this was not intentional, because man does it stand out.

I hate to burst your bubble but Reshiram and Zekrom can't be found as shinies without the use of cheating devices. Also, with cottonee, I honestly think you're looking too much into it..unless of course you've overlooked whimsicott's abilities...infiltrator and prankster. :p
I'm being sarcastic of course, why would pokemon be 'racist' on purpose? It's a child-focused game. Don't worry about race-relations in it as it's never specifically mentioned so it's not a problem.
Also, if the game was racist then Lenora wouldn't be a gym leader but maybe an assistant? Then again...I always did find it funny that her gym was underground in a railroad town...

Wraithwin

Dark Trainer
If you don't have a chance of getting Reshiram or Zekrom as shiny, why do they have a shiny sprite? Are you sure there's a 0% chance? I remember in previous games, a friend of mine kept resetting the game OCD style every time a legendary wasn't shiny, until he got a shiny one. I didn't understand how he had the patience. Heh.

About the "Kids Game" thing - they wouldn't get the Cotton reference these days. =P
Plus I think of two Pokemon in particular aren't kid-friendly: Yamask & Litwik (+Evo)
By that, I mean read their Pokedex entries... As a Kid, I knew what ghosts and souls were, and those two+ would've creeped me the hell out at a gullible age.

Semi-Related note... this is the first Pokemon game where a ghost type actually comes out and admits "This used to be a human at one point" right? (Not to mention the whole Michael Vick style battling-monsters morality story thing is kinda deep for "kids")

Kreis

Still Dirrty
If you don't have a chance of getting Reshiram or Zekrom as shiny, why do they have a shiny sprite? Are you sure there's a 0% chance? I remember in previous games, a friend of mine kept resetting the game OCD style every time a legendary wasn't shiny, until he got a shiny one. I didn't understand how he had the patience. Heh.

Yes, we're positive that they cannot be shiny. They, along with event Zorua/Zoroark and Victini cannot be shiny. The reason why they have a shiny sprite is to prevent the game from crashing if someone hacks a shiny version into their game. And as for your friend, all past legendary Pokemon have been able to be shiny. Except those obtained through events, that is.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Since my bro got black, I might as well get white. I might get the third version of the game. Pokemon Grey with Kyurem as the cover for the game perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.