• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White stall team OU RMT

Whick set is the best?

• Sharpedo

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Jellicent

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Dusclops

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Eelektross

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Lickilicky

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
These Pokémon on my team that I believe are going to be in OU. So don’t spam me saying that that Pokémon is illegal or something like that. Anyways, here they are. This is also for singles and I have never tested out the team.

;319; Sharpedo @ Focus Sash
EVs: 148 Att/ 252 SpAtt/ 108 Spe
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Mild
~ Crunch
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Protect
This is a set that I got from the Smogon Community Forums, but I gave it a Focus Sash instead of a Life Orb since it’s a Lead. I have found that most people start with stat-boosting dragons when I was playing random match on Wi-Fi, so I went with this guy since it can get the job done and maybe force a switch after they discover that it has the ability Speed Boost. It can also counter Chandelure, which I find very important in countering.

:593: Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpDef
Ability: Cursed Body
Nature: Calm
~ Scald
~ Recover
~ Acid Armor
~ Toxic
Yet another set that I got from Smogon, but I used Acid Armor instead of Will-O-Wisp because I have Scald and I expect my Jellicent to last a long time after 3 uses of Acid Armor. In addition, this guy can switch into many things that most Pokémon on my team are weak against, such as a fighting or bug attack for the Sharpedo.

;197; Umbreon @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Calm
~ Wish
~ Curse
~ Baton Pass
~ Payback
I like to use this set to Baton Pass to my Lickilicky, and to have some Wish support. The reason why it holds Red Card is to catch some Pokémon off guard who try to sweep it on the spot. Thus, giving me a Pokémon that I can potentially sweep with Payback, or giving me a turn for Wish and also predicting his switch into the Pokémon that tried to sweep Umbreon with a different Pokémon.

;356; Dusclops @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpDef
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Impish
~ Pain Split
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Shadow Sneak
~ Disable
This set is mainly a surprise set since I use it against physical sweepers who are locked on a choice set, like Terrakion. With Disable causing a switch, I can Will-O-Wisp the opponent, and cripple physical sweepers even more. Shadow Sneak is there for when their HP is very low and it also has priority.

:604: Eelektross @ Muscle Band
EVs: 252 HP/ 56 Def/ 196 SpDef
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Careful
~ Thunder Wave
~ Coil
~ Dragon Tail
~ U-turn
I wanted to try to use Eelektross a different way than expected. The moves are self-explanatory, but I wanted to use Dragon Tail instead of a STAB Wild Charge because Wild Charge causes recoil, and Dragon Tail causes pseudo-hazing.

;463; Lickilicky @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Cloud Nine
~ Chip Away
~ Amnesia
~ Curse
~ Rest
This guy is awesome when it’s switched in with Baton Pass from Umbreon. Also, Chip Away is a great move since it has 70 base power and it ignores opponents’ stat changes plus it has STAB. I also need to cancel out weather effects and this guy seemed to do the trick.

Overall, this is a stall team which looks like an attacking team when I send out Sharpedo. Really, I don’t know if this works, but that’s why I’m posting it in RMT, to see what other people think. I’m willing to change abilities around since I can make all of these guys in black/white, and I’m willing to switch out two Pokémon if I feel I have two many type-weaknesses ( Yes I have 3 fighting weaknesses, I know). So have fun rating my future OU black and white team. So go nuts and review.

Last edited:

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Cloud Nine
~ Return
~ Gyro Ball
~ Curse/Swords Dance
~ Rest

Since he's bulky, Leftovers > Silk Scarf and Gyro Ball increases in power when pokemon is slower.

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
Thank you zennyboiz, the reason why I used Silk Scarf instead of Leftovers in the first place is because I was trying to make each item different, but still this set is awesome and thank you.

PhearWalker

Minuet of The Skies
Dusclops @ Eviolite
~ Shadow Sneak / Shadow Punch
~ Fire Punch / Thunderpunch
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Pain Split

the set I use, I find to work rather well as it can bite back at stallbreakers

The Z

Talking to the Moon~
Dusclops @ Eviolite
~ Pain Split
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Shadow Sneak/Shadow Ball
~ ThunderPunch/Ice Punch

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Jelli could have water absorb to be a switch-in for any surf or anything.
Water however dosent seem to be a problemfor you anyway.
Sharpedo could use ice fang instead of beam,but it seems good whit beam to.

Sceptilo

Hakuna Matata!
Very cool and solid team, I'd just add entry hazard support somewhere, because how you said, you#ll force lots of switches. and extra damage/poison is always cool.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
My improvements...
Sharpedo- You want it to counter stat raising dragons? Is it a lead? If so then give it taunt, unless it needs protect.
Jellicent- Smogon did a good job.
Umbreon- This is gonna fail. Maybe if it had one move to pass but curse is just gonna pull in a special sweeper that will obliterate your stat changes. Unless you want it to break baton pass chains. If you dont then whats gonna happen is someone uses a move before you use curse, they get switched out to someone, then they send in th sp attacker, by this time you have -2 speed and they are going to outspeed and kill you. Try a dark gem instead.
Dusclops- Has been focused on already so it's probably perfect.
Eelekross- Do you need U-turn on a pokemon that has no weaknesses? You would be better off with rock slide.
Lickilicky- Looks good.
The only problem is that it hasn't got any attackers and while it may last for a while, the opponent will never get any serius damage done to it. These are all the negatives that I can find, it's only advice so you don't need to do it.

Might go into actual threats to the team later, but for now I'll just make a few improvements as I see fit.

These Pokémon on my team that I believe are going to be in OU. So don’t spam me saying that that Pokémon is illegal or something like that. Anyways, here they are. This is also for singles and I have never tested out the team.

;319; Sharpedo @ Focus Sash
EVs: 148 Att/ 252 SpAtt/ 108 Spe
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Mild
~ Crunch
~ Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Protect
This is a set that I got from the Smogon Community Forums, but I gave it a Focus Sash instead of a Life Orb since it’s a Lead. I have found that most people start with stat-boosting dragons when I was playing random match on Wi-Fi, so I went with this guy since it can get the job done and maybe force a switch after they discover that it has the ability Speed Boost. It can also counter Chandelure, which I find very important in countering.

Since Sharpedo has no way of boosting his power and his special attack is only above average, it would be best to run Hydro Pump over Surf for more damage output. Past that, its pretty standard.

:593: Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Ability: Cursed Body / Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
~ Scald
~ Recover
~ Taunt
~ Toxic
Yet another set that I got from Smogon, but I used Acid Armor instead of Will-O-Wisp because I have Scald and I expect my Jellicent to last a long time after 3 uses of Acid Armor. In addition, this guy can switch into many things that most Pokémon on my team are weak against, such as a fighting or bug attack for the Sharpedo.

Generally its best to invest in Jellicent's physical defenses so that it can take hits better from both sides. Taunt is probably more useful than Acid Armor in the long run since AA doesn't help with much of anything considering how walls often have to switch in and out, and Taunt can prevent sweepers from setting up on you. The Speed is fairly standard to outspeed a few things and Taunt them before set up, though 84 could also be used if you don't want Skarmory to set Spikes up on you. The Water immunity from Water Absorb would be useful, but it is up to you in the end there since both are great abilities.

;380; Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Roar
~ Calm Mind
~ Recover

Every stall team needs something to help deal with Reuniclus and Conkeldurr, and Latias makes a great choice for dealing with them. It might also sweep if you manage to get up some Calm Minds, though certain things will have to be removed first. Roar is always a good move for stall teams since it can get residual damage with hazards set up, but I'll get into that in a second. Umbreon doesn't appear to be doing much as of right now so it seemed to be most replaceable.

;205; Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Ability: Sturdy
~ Volt Switch
~ Rapid Spin
~ Stealth Rock
~ Toxic Spikes

Since you currently have another Ghost type already, and lack hazards which are a key component in any stall team, I would advise you invest in a hazard platform such as Forretress. Ferrothorn or Skarmory could also work here, though they don't have Toxic Spikes or Rapid Spin which could be very helpful for the team. Volt Switch can also help in case you run into a Magnezone, which could beat most other Steels which try to use hazards.

:604: Eelektross @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 56 Def/ 196 SpDef
~ Wild Charge
~ Coil
~ Dragon Tail
~ Substitute
I wanted to try to use Eelektross a different way than expected. The moves are self-explanatory, but I wanted to use Dragon Tail instead of a STAB Wild Charge because Wild Charge causes recoil, and Dragon Tail causes pseudo-hazing.

Wild Charge's recoil may seem bad, though in the long run its worth it since you will enjoy the benefits of having a powerful physical STAB move, plus it gets excellent coverage alongside Dragon Tail. U-Turn is also not very good since you won't keep your Coil boosts after switching, therefore it would be best to run Substitute that way you can avoid status moves and not get Seeded by Ferrothorn that way you can easily set up on him. You might also use Brick Break to just KO Ferrothorn, though other status users might be a problem without Sub.

;242; Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
~ Seismic Toss / Flamethrower
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Toxic

Lickilicky right now is completely walled by Ghost types, and doesn't have much of a role on a stall team other than maybe Wishpassing, in which case Blissey would be better. Being able to fully recover any member of a team with Wish is always a plus, and Blissey lets you stop several special attackers from damaging you, though beware of Psycho Shock. Chansey can also do the exact same thing, only with more bulk, though you won't be able to use Flamethrower due to Chansey's low SpA, and you will have to use Eviolite at the cost of Leftovers.

These improvements should help the team for now at least, though there might be a few other changes that need to be made. These were just improvements to help make the team work better as a stall team since you lacked a few key parts such as a way to deal with CM Reuniclus since he is a huge stall killer, and entry hazards which are one of the biggest elements of any stall team.

Edit: Just realized this is in In Game RMT, though it seems to be more competitive in nature. Should probably be moved.

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Can I just say that the reason regi hasn't made Jellicent water absorb is because people are expecting it to be an absorber so wont use water moves on it just in case. Although regi, eleborating on D0nut's idea, you could put taunt and cursed body because then if they only had one attacking move you have the possibility of making them use struggle.
You could then switch lickilicky to gengar who can use mean look but is immune to struggle and immune to fighting...
Gengar@ Black Sludge
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4HP
-Mean Look
-Destiny Bond
-Phychic
-Thunder/Thunderbolt
This traps a pokemon with no moves left and makes it struggle and fail. Mean Look is obvious, Destiny Bond is there to kill/offput your counters. Phychic to help with fighting types. Thunder could benifit with the popularity of rain teams wheras thunderbolt is less powerful but doesn't rely on rain.

Last edited:

phione345

Unorthodox Trainer
I think that Cursed Body would be more effective with stalling as it can force switches or simply force the opponent to use less effective attacks on it. I agree with d0nut's changes.

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
Thanks guys for the analysis, this helps out a lot.