• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who’s voice do you like the most in the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cilan and Clemont both have great dub VAs

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
People:

Dub - James, Brock and Ash (all pre Battle Frontier)
Sub - Clemont, Cilan, Ash, Bonnie

Pokemon:

Dub - Ash's Squirtle, Hawlucha
Sub - Pretty much any Pokemon by Yuji Ueda (Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja etc), Goomy, Luxray

MockingJ

Banned
Who did Cilan's dub voice? Because he sounded really good, almost as energetic as his Japanese voice. I really admire the guy who did Tracy's voice in the old episodes too since he has a good range and voiced all kinds of characters even villains like Giovanni.

Kintaro

Banned
Paul's voice was good for him, even if it made him sound like a 20+ year old.

You know sometimes I think the voice actors themselves forget they're voicing 10 year old kids. Almost all the voices for the girls Misty/May/Dawn/Serena, etc. could be passed off as teen or young adult voices.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Ikue Ohtani the voice actress for Pikachu shares the same voice for Sawyer. But Pikachu is more remarkable.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Yuki Kaji MADE Clemont for me (despite sounding like a less shrill version of Kaji's voice for Koichi in JoJo Part 4).

I also think that Misty's sub voice is pretty over looked.

Kintaro

Banned
Yuki Kaji MADE Clemont for me (despite sounding like a less shrill version of Kaji's voice for Koichi in JoJo Part 4).

I also think that Misty's sub voice is pretty over looked.

Probably because most people never watched the OS subbed. Rachael Lilis IS Misty for most people. The majority of the fandom grew up with the dub for the early seasons.

A lot of people didn’t get into the Japanese version until around the time AG started, and even then most people still watched the dub. Also remember online streaming didn’t exist in the early 2000’s so people didn’t have a choice.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Probably because most people never watched the OS subbed. Rachael Lilis IS Misty for most people. The majority of the fandom grew up with the dub for the early seasons.

A lot of people didn’t get into the Japanese version until around the time AG started, and even then most people still watched the dub. Also remember online streaming didn’t exist in the early 2000’s so people didn’t have a choice.
Rachel Lillis does the best Misty voice. I just can't get used to Michele Knotz' May voice that she uses for Misty as well and I'm indifferent to her Japanese voice

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
There are several for me: (note: all will be from the dub version of the Pokémon anime as that is the only version of the anime that I watch)

Brock - Brock's original voice has got to be one of my top favorites. It fits his personality quite well and is probably one of the more distinct voices in the Pokémon anime. Brock's original voice actor does a great job in bringing out Brock's enthusiastic personality.

Gary Oak - While his voice can be kind of annoying, it is still one of my top favorites. I think Gary's voice actor did a really good job in bringing out Gary's smug and overconfident personality.

Ash Ketchum - I like Ash's original voice the best. It fit his dynamic personality quite well and his original voice actress did a phenomenal job in bringing out his optimistic yet stubborn personality.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Rica Masumoto, Veronica Taylor, Sarah Natochenny and Ikuh Otani, because Ash and Pikachu still do have a huge nostalgic value for me as characters, I basically grew up since childhood by seeing them and their journey.

Oh yeah and Yuji Ueda for Ash's Greninja's voice too (I'm not really a big fan of Greninja's dub voice though).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Gabriel Ramos(latin american ash), Jose Antonio Masias (latin american jamemememes), Rica matsumoto, Unko Ishizuka (RIP), Ikue Ohtani, Yuji Arda, Veronica Taylor, lillie's eng dub VA

I fell in love with Shauna’s voice in X and Y. Is a shame they haven’t used her for more roles. Gorgeous voice. Instead the actress for Korrina and Hapu keeps getting roles and her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

_AISP

Insect/Pokemon lover
Bonnie's english dub voice got better near the end of the XY series, even after watching the series a few times. I like both the sub and dub voice. Gladion's sub and eng dub voices are pretty great I think, too. There's a lot more I like besides just these characters though.

Status
Not open for further replies.