• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who are Pokemon's Chief Writers?

Epicocity

Just saying, the Chief Director for SM is the same as for XY
Eh, this is a bit disingenuous. Yuyama very clearly left his directors to their own devices as he was focused on the movies for the most part. Comparatively, Tomiyasu is a lot more hands-on, noted by the fact we had a director change mid-series with no fanfare and no noticeable change in the current style of storytelling.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Legends Arceus shall be a masterpiece
Eh, this is a bit disingenuous. Yuyama very clearly left his directors to their own devices as he was focused on the movies for the most part. Comparatively, Tomiyasu is a lot more hands-on, noted by the fact we had a director change mid-series with no fanfare and no noticeable change in the current style of storytelling.
I mean even if the director made changes you wouldn't see changes in the storytelling right now. It won't be until atleast episode 70 that we see the effect of the director change, if there are any

Epicocity

I mean even if the director made changes you wouldn't see changes in the storytelling right now. It won't be until atleast episode 70 that we see the effect of the director change, if there are any
Why? The episode where he's placed as director is where his involvement clearly began. You'd see a noticeable change by now when the position already changed nearly 10 episodes ago. The fact that neither Owada or Kodaira were in interviews and they all went to Tomiyasu pretty much tells you who's in charge of the story.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Why? The episode where he's placed as director is where his involvement clearly began. You'd see a noticeable change by now when the position already changed nearly 10 episodes ago. The fact that neither Owada or Kodaira were in interviews and they all went to Tomiyasu pretty much tells you who's in charge of the story.
Yea he became a director at ep 55! So considering how bulk of episodes are done in advance I assume any new episodes he has had a hand in as director would begin later in the late 60s

SerGoldenhandtheJust

I don't think that's how production works, really. Why would they credit him on episodes he didn't have a hand in?
I'm guessing because he became a director during those episodes? Idk not too sure, would have to ask @Dephender for that. Anyway even if that was his start there was a noticeable difference since that episode, we are having arcs instead of rushed evolutions (the Farfetch'd arc, sobble not evolving in one episode and a whole drizzile arc being set up, PWC coming back to the fold much more, etc.) So I do think there is positive change already and I'm hopeful for more and more