• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who are Pokemon's Chief Writers?

Epicocity

Just saying, the Chief Director for SM is the same as for XY
Eh, this is a bit disingenuous. Yuyama very clearly left his directors to their own devices as he was focused on the movies for the most part. Comparatively, Tomiyasu is a lot more hands-on, noted by the fact we had a director change mid-series with no fanfare and no noticeable change in the current style of storytelling.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Eh, this is a bit disingenuous. Yuyama very clearly left his directors to their own devices as he was focused on the movies for the most part. Comparatively, Tomiyasu is a lot more hands-on, noted by the fact we had a director change mid-series with no fanfare and no noticeable change in the current style of storytelling.
I mean even if the director made changes you wouldn't see changes in the storytelling right now. It won't be until atleast episode 70 that we see the effect of the director change, if there are any

Epicocity

I mean even if the director made changes you wouldn't see changes in the storytelling right now. It won't be until atleast episode 70 that we see the effect of the director change, if there are any
Why? The episode where he's placed as director is where his involvement clearly began. You'd see a noticeable change by now when the position already changed nearly 10 episodes ago. The fact that neither Owada or Kodaira were in interviews and they all went to Tomiyasu pretty much tells you who's in charge of the story.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Why? The episode where he's placed as director is where his involvement clearly began. You'd see a noticeable change by now when the position already changed nearly 10 episodes ago. The fact that neither Owada or Kodaira were in interviews and they all went to Tomiyasu pretty much tells you who's in charge of the story.
Yea he became a director at ep 55! So considering how bulk of episodes are done in advance I assume any new episodes he has had a hand in as director would begin later in the late 60s

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't think that's how production works, really. Why would they credit him on episodes he didn't have a hand in?
I'm guessing because he became a director during those episodes? Idk not too sure, would have to ask @Dephender for that. Anyway even if that was his start there was a noticeable difference since that episode, we are having arcs instead of rushed evolutions (the Farfetch'd arc, sobble not evolving in one episode and a whole drizzile arc being set up, PWC coming back to the fold much more, etc.) So I do think there is positive change already and I'm hopeful for more and more

GianTorty97

Hi to all of you! Im new here
I have some question for all of you, because i saw you know a lot about the anime cast.
I have read somewhere that Shudo and Yuyama didnt get well, because Shudo wanted to grow up his characters and Yuyama no.
I have also read that Yuyama is the responsible of Ash's reset to 10 in BW and i saw a video some years ago which said that during an interview in the DP era, writers said that Ash's age couldnt be said, because most of the public could recnognize themselve in Ash's figure.
I have know that XY was writed mostly by Yajime, who cared about Ash's growth.
Finally, some people thought that until DP era, eventhought Shudo left the show, think that there is his collaboration in someway, because if you watch carefully AG and DP, its impossible to say that Ash isnt a progression of the original saga.
I want to understand who is the responsible of Ash's reset in BW and i want to know if these information that i wrote are true or not.
Sorry if my english could be bad, im not english.

Morax

King of heroes
Loads of information are impossible to find, honestly. I read around the italian web the information that i wrote, but im not sure at all if they are true, especially the interview that confirm that Ash's age couldnt be said.
Rest assured, the ones responsible for that have been Excommunicado'd.

GianTorty97

Really if you look at, Best Wishes! had a lot of these Science-Fiction like Episodes. Such as the one you mentioned as well as the Litwick Mansion Episode, the Beheeyem Episode and of course that UFO Episode in Decolora Adventures. All of these were certainly Sudo-san's Ideas and right out of a Ghibli Pocket. I think that for Diamond & Pearl, Director Sudo generally took a backseat for most of the production and let Series Constructor Atsuhiro Tomioka do his own thing and then for Best Wishes! the roles were reversed and Tomioka took a backseat for Sudo to express his own ideas.

Best Wishes! on its own, looking at it deeper than on the surface level wasn't a bad series. It had some great ideas such as the Battle Tournaments, the Sci-Fi Like Episodes, More Rivals and things along that line. It's just that they made some really stupid conceptual decisions such as trying to make the Series seem similar to Kanto. Dumbed Down Ash (just like Kanto), Pokemon Evolve in the middle of Gym Battles (just like Kanto), making Iris & Cilan rip-offs of Brock & Misty, Having an Island Arc right after the main story (also like Kanto) and many more on that line. It was flawed in concept itself.
Do you know who is the responsible of the Ash's reset in this series? Could be Yuyama?
Is yuyama a good writer?

Morax

King of heroes
I dont understand what you wrote, sorry
images

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Yuyama did not write for the series, he was the Chief Director, which means he oversaw and set the tone and general direction of the series.

GianTorty97

Yuyama did not write for the series, he was the Chief Director, which means he oversaw and set the tone and general direction of the series.
Yes, but I read his last thoughts about the series. He approves so much the eternal Ash's 10 yo. In this case, I could only thinks that he could be the responsible of Ash's reboot in BW. I cant understand why i cannot put the link