• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who are your favourite Pokémon belonging to the Flying-type?

Haizumi

Just wanted to make a question about a Pokémon variety I like a lot, the Flying-type.

So, who are your favourite 'mons belonging to this type...? And furthermore... Considering shape, particularities, etc..., who do you think the best looking Poké-wings belong to?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lugia is my main favorite Flying-type. I used one on my team in Silver version, although I didn't use the species again after Gen II since I don't like relying on Legendaries. My second favorite Flying-type would have to be Lizardon (Charizard).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Flying is almost always a complimentary type, so it's hard for me to think. But Corviknight is certainly one of my faves

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My favorite is probably Staraptor. Starly was the first Pokémon I ever caught and was probably the most used besides my starter. I like how poweful Choice Band Reckless Double Edge/Brave Bird Staraptor is too.

Dodrio, Zapdos, Gliscor, Yanmega, Archeops, Landorus Therian, Hawlucha, Minior, Noivern, and most of the regional birds are some of my other favorites.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
  1. Pidgeot
  2. Dragonite
  3. Swellow
  4. Altaria
  5. Salamence
  6. Staraptor
  7. Talonflame
  8. Noivern
  9. Toucannon
  10. Corviknight
Honorable mentions:

• Charizard
  • Gyarados
  • Articuno
  • Moltres
  • Ledian
  • Lugia
  • Ho-Oh
  • Tropius
  • Honchkrow
  • Drifblim
  • Togekiss
  • Sigilyph
  • Hawlucha
  • Rowlet and Dartrix
  • Oricorio (especially the Baile and Sensu styles)
  • Celesteela

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Charzard - Always went with his line when playing Blue, so I have to pick him.

Articuno - The prettiest of the 1st gen legendries.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Charzard - Always went with his line when playing Blue, so I have to pick him.

So it's the opposite of the version he's the mascot of (Red). :)

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Mine happen to divide up quite nicely, as you'll see below!

Crows/Corvids:
823.png
430.png

These two are probably my favourite Flying types overall and mainly because I think crows are cool as hell. Corviknight just looks intimidating and sleek, with the metallic colour scheme and just by size alone really. Honchkrow has a funky looking hat and has a mob boss theme which is dope, plus the colour scheme just looks nice. I've used both before in playthroughs and both served me well so it all works out quite nicely.

Bats:
715.png
472.png

Bats are cool, and whilst I do like the OG Zubat line as well I just think these two just clinch it for me. Noivern has a draconic + sound theme which just works really well for me, and Gliscor just gives me the ol' childhood nostalgia from trying to draw it when I was younger. Plus Ash owned both of them are they were both loveable bat bois! What's not to like?

Big Ol' Legendary Flyers:
249.png
250.png
384.png

I'm playing through Johto (check out the Gen II recent happenings thread for that adventure) at the moment and dreading trying to capture Lugia and Ho-Oh, but they're probably some of my favourite legendaries from any Pokemon game. Ho-Oh just has an awesome colour palette and Lugia has the cooler looking design, I like them a lot. Rayquaza is my favourite Legendary of all time both as a Dragon and a Flying type because the movies made it seem super strong and I have fond memories of my friend giving me his from his Emerald playthrough (we transferred it to my Pearl version). Was awesome!

The Bestest Early Bird There Ever Was:
398.png

This thing was pretty good in my Sinnoh playthroughs (when I get to Platinum I'll probably use one) especially now I know that Return is actually a good move. Younger me was absolutely stunned that this bird could learn Close Combat and I really did like its plucky and combative attitude and design. It just looks cool, you know? So this is a solid birb choice.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The Bestest Early Bird There Ever Was:
398.png

This thing was pretty good in my Sinnoh playthroughs (when I get to Platinum I'll probably use one) especially now I know that Return is actually a good move. Younger me was absolutely stunned that this bird could learn Close Combat and I really did like its plucky and combative attitude and design. It just looks cool, you know? So this is a solid birb choice.

I've always felt that Staraptor should've been Fighting/Flying type, since it can learn Close Combat and it's a fighter (in more ways than one). It would've mixed up the early-region bird lines a little bit. (Now I know that type combo goes to Hawlucha.)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Same, that's gotta stop now.

Luckily they seemed to have stopped doing that with Rookidee in Gen 8. Maybe future generations' regional birds won't have the Normal type slapped onto them anymore.

MrJechgo

Decidueye... I know, it's not a Flying type, but its Flying roots shouldn't be ignored.

Now if GameFreaks could give me a regular base Electric/Flying roadrunner, a Grass/Flying peafowl and an Ice/Flying (or Ice/Psychic) regional Hoothoot/Noctowl based on snowy owls, that would be great :)