• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who better Ash or Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well out of all iterations of Red, the manga version of him is the most well known. So I'll use XY Ash using Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile and Snorlax vs Red's team of Venusaur, Poliwrath, Pikachu, Aerodactyl, Snorlax and Gyarados.

Yeah, I know Red won the Indigo League, but tbh, Ash's accomplishments in the Sinnoh and Kalos League, despite him not winning those, were even more impressive. So I'll say Ash's team wins.

SH65

Victory Over All!
Well out of all iterations of Red, the manga version of him is the most well known. So I'll use XY Ash using Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile and Snorlax vs Red's team of Venusaur, Poliwrath, Pikachu, Aerodactyl, Snorlax and Gyarados.

Yeah, I know Red won the Indigo League, but tbh, Ash's accomplishments in the Sinnoh and Kalos League, despite him not winning those, were even more impressive. So I'll say Ash's team wins.

Yeah I say the same :D

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If this is the Origins version of Red, then Ash has absolutely no chance I'm afraid. :(

Red and Blue

I have a really strong feeling that this thread won't last very long.

For the sake of discussion objectively Red is the better trainer. He is the Champion in most iterations.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
If this is the Origins version of Red, then Ash has absolutely no chance I'm afraid. :(

Tbh, Origins version Red was modeled after the Red and Green games, where we the players, control Red and are supposed to win the League. So obviously Origins was meant to show all that. But I can't count that as his own character, that's why I chose Manga Red.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Tbh, Origins version Red was modeled after the Red and Green games, where we the players, control Red and are supposed to win the League. So obviously Origins was meant to show all that. But I can't count that as his own character, that's why I chose Manga Red.

Yeah, against Manga Red, Ash obviously wins, no doubt.

But still, Origins was the anime version of him so....

Red's Mega Charizard X is about on Mewtwo's level, so no way any of Ash's Pokemon can stand a chance against it.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

How is Pokespecial Red weaker than Ash? He's the strongest Dex Holder and could beat even the E4 and Champion. I doubt Ash would even stand a chance.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Manga Red would kick his ***.
AG/DP Ash could beat Origins though. Nothing's special about him, he's just put on a high pedestal by people. He's as dull as Game Red

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Manga Red would kick his ***.
AG/DP Ash could beat Origins though. Nothing's special about him, he's just put on a high pedestal by people. He's as dull as Game Red

What are you talking about??? Origins Red's Mega Charizard X was shown to be on Mewtwo's level.

If anything, he could only beat Manga Ash.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Actually reading the comments above, yeah, I realised I made a mistake. I should've written Ash beating Origins Red, but Pokespecial Red was not only the champion, but he had a whole load of other great feats to his name that I forgot and overlooked. My apologies.

So Manga Red > DP/XY Ash > Origins Red

What are you talking about??? Origins Red's Mega Charizard X was shown to be on Mewtwo's level.

If anything, he could only beat Manga Ash.

Nope, I made a mistake. Manga Red is definitely the strongest, followed by Ash, and then Origins Red. Him catching Mewtwo was again only to show what us, as the players controlling Red in the games and catching Mewtwo. And honestly, do you believe that Mewtwo even came close to the Mewtwo that we see in the Ash anime?

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Actually reading the comments above, yeah, I realised I made a mistake. I should've written Ash beating Origins Red, but Pokespecial Red was not only the champion, but he had a whole load of other great feats to his name that I forgot and overlooked. My apologies.

So Manga Red > DP/XY Ash > Origins Red

Nope, I made a mistake. Manga Red is definitely the strongest, followed by Ash, and then Origins Red. Him catching Mewtwo was again only to show what us, as the players controlling Red in the games and catching Mewtwo. And honestly, do you believe that Mewtwo even came close to the Mewtwo that we see in the Ash anime?

Who will beat Red's Mega Charizard X? That is even a cut above Alain's.

Mewtwo has always been depicted as a God-level Legendary, so since Red's Mega Charizard X was able to weaken it significantly for Red to catch it, I don't think any one of Ash's Pokemon can close to beating it. And Mewtwo defeated Red's Articuno and his other Pokemon in a jiffy after all.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Who will beat Red's Mega Charizard X? That is even a cut above Alain's.

Mewtwo has always been depicted as a God-level Legendary, so since Red's Mega Charizard X was able to weaken it significantly for Red to catch it, I don't think any one of Ash's Pokemon can close to beating it. And Mewtwo defeated Red's Articuno and his other Pokemon in a jiffy after all.
I love how you're treating Origins as some well-written story.

It's not. It's a 4-episode promotion for the games and the writers certainly did not take into consideration the power levels of Pokemon when writing it, they just wanted to make some cool scenes.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

It's not. It's a 4-episode promotion for the games and the writers certainly did not take into consideration the power levels of Pokemon when writing it, they just wanted to make some cool scenes.
Again, that's not an excuse. You can't deny what happened on-screen. Mewtwo defeated all of Red's Pokemon(including the Legendary birds) in a jiffy, and it was contantly using Recover so it wasn't also weakened after the battles. And Red's Mega Charizard X battled it and weakened it a lot for Red to catch it.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
If Manga Red became a champion( never read manga), then he also beat GPCISS. 6 champ level Pokemon vs 1 champ level 2 E4 level and 3 E4non/BF+ level Pokemon. 6 champ level beat them.
Origins Red also beats him. Game Red sweeps with Mewtwo. Hell even Manga Red and Origins beats Alain.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Any version af red would quite honestly destroy ash, simply because all versions of red are champions of there region . We could say that ash is possibly the weakest version of red, whether it is game version, manga version or even the origins version. Ash is made weaker mainly because of plot reasons to keep him in the anime.
Its something like this-
Manga Red> Origins Red>>>>> Ash

The only place red of theorigins looked like he is not robotic was when MCX was fighting mewtwo. It kind of showed the bond between red and his charizard. Otherwise origins red was a robotic gary stu.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I say that Ash can beat Origins Red. Do to Charizard being Red only strong pokemon. And Origins Mewtwo being nowhere near as strong a movie Mewtwo.

Origins Mewtwo defeated all of Red's Pokemon including the Legendary Birds in a jiffy, so how can you say that? And remember, Red has now also captured Mewtwo, he can also use it.

Genaller

Silver Soul
The issue here is that do we assume Origins E4 = Anime E4 and also whether Anime Legendaries = Origins Legendaries? If yes then Red stomps, but if not then the battle blows wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.