• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who cares about these anymore? Am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like no one likes RSE anymore. It's the ONLY series the doesn't have a remake.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I feel like no one likes RSE anymore. It's the ONLY series the doesn't have a remake.

Neither does Sinnoh (I know, it's probably not old enough to deserve a remake just yet). One of the reasons few people are playing these is because it's getting harder and harder to find legit copies of this game if you don't have one that works.

Diyesy

Well the other remakes (besides black and white) are remakes from GBC games. RSE aren't old enough for a remake just yet. Pokemon yellow also doesn't have a remake

Raichu25

Well I think part of the reason that they haven't been remade yet is that in the early Pokemon games, the improvements to the graphics and gameplay were very rapid, there was a big difference from RBY to GSC, and from GSC to RuSaE. However, since the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald days, there hasn't been a significant change in the graphics or gameplay. The biggest changes over the years was the addition of hold items, personalities, abilities, IVs, and EVs. The graphics in Black/White, while certainly improved from RuSaE, they simply weren't as noticeable as the improvements in earlier games... The biggest change in the recent games would probably be the fact that whether an attack is physical or special is no longer determined by the move's typing...

So yeah basically I think that is why RuSaE has not been remade yet... If they had been remade on the DS, I don't think that they would have felt all that different from the originals. So... I would be very surprised if they are not remade on the 3DS, sometime in 2014 or 2015. I am certainly looking forward to those games being remade, I think that the 3DS would be the best way to do it, I just don't think that Ruby/Sapphire with Black/White graphics would have been as impressive... But imagine going back to Hoenn in 3D!!

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
What? That's preposterous! First off, it is WAY too early for a remake of these games, and the reason for the remakes of R/B and G/S was because of compatibility issues (these games aren't compatible with the later games), and since the Advenced series IS compatible with DS, what would be the point right now? This hints to the fact that since they won't be compatible on 3DS, then maybe there will be remakes in the next generation. Also, it isn't the only series without a remake.

Second of all, I don't know why you think no one cares about these games. Gen III is the favourite generation of most of my friends, as well as me! Also, a lot of people on the internet consider Emerald as the best pokemon title thus far. Over the years, a lot of people realised how good the Advanced series is.

Anyway, be patient about the remakes, I'm sure they will be released soon :D

Jimmy Ray

Banned
First off, it is WAY too early for a remake of these games

Not really cuz Red and Green got remakes just 8 years after they were released and Gold and Silver got remakes 10 years after they were released. Its been almost 11 years since Ruby and Sapphire were released so it's not too early at all. Not saying that they need to get remakes but I don't think time is an issue.

LizardonX

Banned

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
I need to get a Surskit on my Emerald, and get a Kingdra, and my region dex will be done. only problem, is that i have a 3ds, so i have to borrow my brother's ds, and he got rid of his FR, so i think it's just that no one CAN play it. or is it just me, lol

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
Not really cuz Red and Green got remakes just 8 years after they were released and Gold and Silver got remakes 10 years after they were released. Its been almost 11 years since Ruby and Sapphire were released so it's not too early at all. Not saying that they need to get remakes but I don't think time is an issue.

No you don't understand. It's too early because of the reason I stated in my post - the GBA games are compatible with the DS so it is pointless making a remake now, the purpose of FR/LG was to get the pokemon in R/B since it wasn't able to connect to GBA games. The same goes for HG/SS. It would also be pointless releasing the remakes on DS because the DS is a dead system now - the graphics can hardly improve now, so not many people would buy it, however, a 3D remake would be most desirable.
On top of this, it has been less than 3 years since HG/SS release; HG/SS came out 6 years after the previous remakes, I think 3 is quite early.

So really, the amount of time since R/S came out is quite irrelevant.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I personally play Ruby version almost every day since Generation 3 is my favorite generation of Pokemon. I have noticed that very few people seem to care about these game though. I mean this section seems like a ghost town most of the time lol. It's sad because I really think Generation 3 had a lot to offer, more so than Generations 4 or 5 to be honest. :x

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I personally love them, being my second Favorite Gen (after Gen IV).

I still regularly play the games, and it appears to have quite the fanbase.

Icychalk

The only reason these games don't have remakes is because they are not necessary. We are able to transfer our Pokémon from R/S/E to B/W so there's no need for a remake.

ToeyJoey

The Count
The only reason these games don't have remakes is because they are not necessary. We are able to transfer our Pokémon from R/S/E to B/W so there's no need for a remake.

This is an excellent point. As far as I'm aware, many people's favourite Generation is third, it's very popular. I recently replayed the game a few months ago, you're not the only one...

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Okay, stop. The first thing you say is 'Am I the only one who likes this game?'. ARE YOU DAFT? These are the favorite Pokèmon games for many, many fans. YOU ARE NOT the only one who likes this just because Barney said that you're special.

Sorry, that was really rude. Can I start over?

I've been playing since the second generation, and I've played the first generation as well, but throughout all of this, R/S/E have remained my favorite games. In my opinion, the 3rd Gen is the pinnacle of all Pokèmon games. So, yeah. I just love the 3rd Gen, which is why I overreacted.

Sorry about that!

MrPardus

Shiny Magikarp
I feel like a majority of people i know enjoy RSE but i do think its tough for alot of people to access the games now,either because people no longer longer own a gba or ds lite, or don't own or cant find a copy of the games. I feel like the 3ds will be the perfect time for a gen 3 remake,the technology will be improved giving an actual reason to remake the games,and it will follow the pattern of a remake every new system. What makes me doubt a gen 3 remake is the fact that they already remade red and green during the gba era so i guess if RSE ends up on 3ds it will most likely leave out a fire red and leaf green remake.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
People have been after a RSE remake for age. Personally, I found it to be a weak and boring generation. Too much swimming. Unless they bring back the Battle Dome and the original contests theres no real benefit to getting them IMO.

I feel like a majority of people i know enjoy RSE but i do think its tough for alot of people to access the games now,either because people no longer longer own a gba or ds lite, or don't own or cant find a copy of the games. I feel like the 3ds will be the perfect time for a gen 3 remake,the technology will be improved giving an actual reason to remake the games,and it will follow the pattern of a remake every new system. What makes me doubt a gen 3 remake is the fact that they already remade red and green during the gba era so i guess if RSE ends up on 3ds it will most likely leave out a fire red and leaf green remake.

Maybe. I remember reading something about the main reason 1st and 2nd gen were given remakes is because of fan reaction to how you couldn't trade pokemon from your R/B/Y/G/S/C to Ruby/Sapphire, and some people skipped it altogether. FR/LG's purpose was to make all of the Kanto and Johto pokemon available for capture in 3rd gen.

And considering all this bootlegging of the gen 3 games, I think it'd be pretty smart from Nintendo's perspective to either release them for download on 3DS (And somehow bring in the ability to trade them to your 4th gen games), or maybe even start producing them again and sell them on their website or ship them out to game stores that would be willing to sell them. (All fans would be happy that way).

Status
Not open for further replies.