• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who deserved to accomplish their goal more?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Since Misty, the Alola girls (well Lillie actually accomplished her goal) and Goh are somewhat blank spaces at this point I'm somewhat excluding them but which character do you think should of accomplished their goal..this could be May and Dawn (Top Coordinator), Iris (Dragon Master) or Serena (Kalos Queen).

RafaSceptile

Dawn then Iris then May then Serena. Idk how Contests can improve her career when the first part of Showcases is totally unrelated to Contests and the second part of Showcases is basically the first part of Contests. The "battling" part of Contests is not part of Showcases and the public vote system is also not present in Contests.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Something that did have my ears tingling is the fact that Iris didn't consider herself a Dragon Master as of yet. The only Dragon Masters we've actually seen were in high places like Drayden and Clair (gym leaders) but she's higher than both of them. She also practically throwed in the towel with Ash's battle and communicated with Dragonite with her sensory powers. I'm assuming that being a Dragon Master isn't simply about strength and more so a goal that's self defined for her. When she feels like she's a Dragon Master, she is no matter what feats she meets.
I don't think she throwed in the towel just because she communicated with Dragonite
She still got beat by Ash fair and square, which is exactly why she probably doesn't consider herself a dragon master, she wants to become stronger then she already is

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I’m discussing the scene after she helped him where she literally stopped attacking Ash and was instead cheering Dragonite on and giving him some time to build up his Draco Meteor.
Well despite the thoughts on that, the fact that the battle with Ash happened the way it did means that she still isn't as strong as she hopes to be most probably, and would probably want to become stronger until she considers herself a dragon master

Sham

The Guardian of War
Well despite the thoughts on that, the fact that the battle with Ash happened the way it did means that she still isn't as strong as she hopes to be most probably, and would probably want to become stronger until she considers herself a dragon master
More than likely. Although I can’t personally say that the battle is a true reflection of her strength considering it seems like her priority swift from winning to battle to focusing on Dragonite getting stronger and enjoying the battle. Hence why she abruptly stopped commanding Haxorus and even Ash questioned her motives. I wish they would of just had her help him and left it at that. Again though she’s most likely stronger than Drayden and he’s called a DM so who knows maybe it’s just a self title given for her.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
More than likely. Although I can’t personally say that the battle is a true reflection of her strength considering it seems like her priority swift from winning to battle to focusing on Dragonite getting stronger and enjoying the battle. Hence why she abruptly stopped commanding Haxorus and even Ash questioned her motives. I wish they would of just had her help him and left it at that. Again though she’s most likely stronger than Drayden and he’s called a DM so who knows maybe it’s just a self title given for her.
Drayden is the only DM we know of right? Id say in his case it's coz of his wisdom and experience with dragon type Pokémon his whole life. Since iris is still young and still a kid in a sense, she's probably aiming to become a DM by becoming stronger and stronger

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yep. I think we are suppose to be under the conclusion that Clair is one as well but I don’t know if they ever actually said the words. Do you think Goh will achieve his dreams and catch a Mew?
I don't remember Clair being called one tbh but who knows, she definitely isn't one in the games they made it a point to stretch that out
For Goh, he's definitely not catching all the Pokémon but I can see him catching mew, project mew is setting up a final encounter with Mew atleast in JN so makes sense something would happen. Since he caught Suicune anything is on the table.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Dawn because her journey was the most fleshed out and well-written, plus she was the closest out of anyone to achieving her goal (really, the margin by which she lost was so small it felt like she only did so out of tradition). May should 100% be a Top Coordinator if we see her again, it’d just be disrespectful if she wasn’t.