• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Torchic

Votes: 334 35.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 361 38.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 254 26.8%

• Total voters

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
I chose Treeko. He rocks!

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
I voted for treecko, but I used all three at one point. they're all good.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I've chosen all of them at least once, but I'd have to say my favorite was Torchic. It was just so cute and its evolutions were awesome!

Shadow249

White Wonder
I chose Torchic because I did not want to choose Mudkip like most people did because of that dumb I heard you liek Mudkipz joke.

luxio82

pokemon master
I chose torchic in emerald and i'm going to choose treeko in sapphire and mudkip in ruby

FairoNeko

Mudkip

Inspired by Ruby from Pokemon Special

WastingLight

On my latest adventure I chose torchic, but I usually choose mudkip because it just owns when you teach swampert earthquake, ice beam and surf.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
i chose a mudkip in ruby a LONG time ago but in my recent emereld game i chose torchich

epic man

STOP ACTA EVERYWHERE
torchic- blazekien do i even need to say anything?

so i herd u leik mudkips! xD

-Jupiter

How lovely.
Lol I chose Torchic to be like May honestly.
Plus Torchic is cute.

[Note these actions were from when I was younger.]

Xenosaur

Cthulhu Mythos Fan
I chose Mudkip because Swampert was the most EPIC third evolution ever in my opinion.

Last edited:
I chose Torchic because I love just about eveything about it from its movepool to its evolutions. I've used all of them, and they're all fun to use, but Torchic is still my favorite.

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
When I first played Emerald I picked Torchic and I really like him (and Blaziken is awsome) but I've used all of them and I really like Treeko too.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
My favorite (and the one I used in Emerald) has to be Treecko. It's a fast, strong, Pokemon with a solid movepool and AWESOME evolutions. What's not to love about it?

I chose Torchic in my first file, due to how awesome Blaziken was for a starter. Afterwards I mainly picked Mudkip as it had great stats, a great moveset and typing once it is fully evolved.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I was going for the water type since when I was younger I always chose the water type, and somehow associated Treecko with water and now he's one of my favorites