• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Torchic

Votes: 334 35.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 361 38.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 254 26.8%

• Total voters

rangercoordinator

Water and Ice Tamer.
I choose Mudkip when I first play Ruby and Sapphire.Its type advantage was helpful to me when I defeat some of the Hoenn Gym Leaders.

Zaicon

$Reset Count$
I chose Torchic as my started because I didn't know better. I had never played Pokemon before this, so I just chose a random Pokemon (I didn't even know it was going to become my starter Pokemon). It worked out all right in the end, though.

Me, I chose mudkip because it was my first game and I liked the sea and water and I liked the look of him so I chose him and I don't regret it.

mewtwo78

pokemon master
Who did you choose for your starter and why?
i chose
;252;
because he looksthe coolest of the hoenn ones

IceSpear

Shadow...
I love Torchic, but I used Mudkip as it was easier to defeat the elite four, but I defeated the elite four with Alakazam and on diamond, but I love the water types too.

Rhonder

my very first playthrough on Ruby, I chose Treeko, for no other reason than I thought that he looked the coolest. This broke my tradition of previously picking the fire type first in Blue and Silver respectively. As a 3rd grader this was a big change lol. Though, of course, I've used them all at one point or another. Treeko is def my most chosen, with mudkip right behind. I've never liked Torchic as much for some reason

collapse

Banned
i first time i played it i chose mudkip, the first time my brother played it he chose mudkip, and the first time my sister played it she chose torchic [nicknamed savy]

iloveicebeam

i think torchic would be the best option due to the fact that fire types are limited early on. there are many water and grass types to choose from.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I've used all 3, but Treecko is my favorite. Although I am using Swampert on my current playthrough, since I also love Mudkip =)

Cloudeon of the Sky

But call me Sky
Torchic! I have tried to play the game with Treeko and Mudkip, but Torchic is better to me.

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
Treecko, even though i like mudkips, sceptile always reminded me of James bond or , especially ash's when it held the twig in its mouth like a ciggi.