• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Torchic

Votes: 334 35.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 361 38.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 254 26.8%

• Total voters
I chose Treecko first. because to me durin' tha release of 3rd gen he looked tha coolest to me & skeptile looks tha coolest to me so i chose treecko :).

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Honestly, Aside Sinnoh, I love all three of them but Torchic beats them just because it evolves into the marvellous Blaziken!

Ame

僕は音楽家 電卓片手に
Blaziken forever!

Won several master rank contests with my Blaziken alone. Tried choosing Treecko one time, but didn't enjoy it.

StormOfFlames

Warrior of Flames
Every playthrough of RSE was always Torchic, I always choose the fire-type, and it's final form is EPIC, I only train him (I know, Bad) and wins against pretty much everything, so in a nutshell the Torchic line is an AWESOME powerhouse!

Last edited:

Chriiis

I usually have fun with each starter from having multiple games but I normally stick with Treeko because Sceptile is just that cool.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I've used every starter in that generation and loved the hell out of all of them but gotta say Mudkip made the game easier and Treeko was my favorite of all of them.

Brew

Mad dreamer
Fire-types were my only loves until Diamond, when I chose Piplup over Chimchar because, penguins. However, I picked Torchic not only because of my bias for fire-types, but also because the anime sort of influenced me. My cousin was also a factor in my decision, with his 'holier than thou' approach that Torchic = fire, therefore, pure win.