• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Torchic

Votes: 334 35.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 361 38.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 254 26.8%

• Total voters

ijea4444

I chose treecko because I always choose the grass type. But now that I look over it, I still would have chosen it because I love speed and it is the fastest Hoenn starter.

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
When I first got it I had mudkip but then I restarted and got treecko since hes one of my favorite grass type pokemon and hes really fast which I like.

Last edited:

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Mudkip he's cute.

Mykonos

Torchic. I liked it the best and I wanted to start with a Fire type. Not much reason other than that.

Farmermon

Is back once again!
I do a cycle, so when I first got it I played as Torchic, but i prefer treekos XD

Obsidian Helix

Silently waiting
Kanto: Charmander
Johto: Cyndaquil
Hoenn: Torchic
Sinnoh: Chimchar

Fire pwns. Although I am starting to like the Mudkip line.

Treecko. I wanted a challenge.

Despite popular belief, Torchic is the easiest, Mudkip is Medium, and Treecko is the hardest.

Torchic and Mudkips final forms cover many more types than Treecko. Past generation 1(Not including remakes) the whole Fire Pokemon = expert level is complete B.S.

Also, I just don't like the stupid chicken, and I almost always pick Mudkip.

Hoolo

Quite ze breeder!
Torchic.
Fire is totally my favorite, and it's just so much better when it evolves.

Hurray.

Mudkip is highly overrated, for the usual reasons. Annoying memes.

Lawnmowergirl

Fangirl =/= Weeaboo
Mudkip. But not because of memes.

ForteAnly

I chose Torchic because I always choose fire type starters.

For me its a tie between Mudkip & Torchic, Mudkip cause I always seem to have start with a water type, and Torchic cause of its type (fire/fighting) and Blaziken is one of my all time favorites.