• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Torchic

Votes: 334 35.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 361 38.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 254 26.8%

• Total voters

pokman

Resident Wanderer
Out of 7 Resets or w/e.

I used a Treecko my last time and used it once, didn't favor it to much (my least favorable).
I used a Torchic my second time and used it four times (2nd most favorable, or inbetween).
I used a Mudkip my first time and used it twice (my favorite ironically).

Mastavida

I chose Mudkip on my first run through of Sapphire, because I thought he looked the best. I was 8...

Later, I would always choose Torchic though, because after I had passed my Ninjask's speed boosts, it would be awesome as hell.

K-os

Bullet Punch
First time I played Ruby I had a Torchic. I picked Treecko in Emerald, but he was a bit of dissapointment.

BeatsTehShiz

I <3 Silver
I chose Treecko a couple of times, but he is uber-fail against Wattson. I'm not even joking.

Mudkip iz teh l33tness. I always choose him now.

I prefer to chooce Torchic as my starter in the RSE series because I love to see how much of pokemon he can handle once he's a Blaziken w/Slash,Blaze Kick,Sky Uppercut, ???(the last move change sometimes w/Double Kick,Peck,Flamethrower). I hate the last form of Treeko and when I use Swampert he feels not as good as Blaziken. So yep my favorite 3rd gen starter is Torchic in Blaziken.

I did a little switch between my bro's Sapphire and my Ruby to get all three, but before that, I had originally picked Treecko. We came up with the trade idea as soon as I got to the ability to trade.

0BS0L33T

Pick up that can.
I always choose the Fire starter. Usually looks the best and is the most rounded and powerful, imo.

Mudkip, because i thought it was cute, on ruby Torchic because i thought it was cute too

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
I got Treecko in both Ruby and Emerald, because I've always believed that Treecko and its evolved forms are really cool, especially Sceptile! And I still have my Sceptile from Ruby version. Thank goodness I was able to get him over to Pearl and then to Platinum before my Ruby version finally broke. *sob* Sceptile is officially my favorite pokemon!

Last edited:
The first time through, I chose Treeko simply because I loved it in the anime. But the most recent time through, I chose Mudkip, as it is clearly the best. Being a Water-Ground type Pokemon means it has STAB with both Surf and Earthquake, making it extremely potent. It can also learn Ice Beam as soon as you find the TM, which along with maybe Hydro Pump or even Dynamic Punch make a great Pokemon. Additonally, it made the game easier, as due it's duel type, Electric Type moves did not effect it.

The first time through, I chose Treeko simply because I loved it in the anime. But the most recent time through, I chose Mudkip, as it is clearly the best. Being a Water-Ground type Pokemon means it has STAB with both Surf and Earthquake, making it extremely potent. It can also learn Ice Beam as soon as you find the TM, which along with maybe Hydro Pump or even Dynamic Punch make a great Pokemon. Additonally, it made the game easier, as due it's duel type, Electric Type moves did not effect it.

GaFF

Torchic. Always go with the fire type. They need to breed out this recessive fighting type gene though. I mean Blaziken was good and was a nice little change but two in a row was kinda repetitive. Give me another dual type that make my fire types own :)

tyranitar90

UP THE IRONS
i like torchic since he turns into blaziken, and i think a chiken that kicks butt is cool.