• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Torchic

Votes: 334 35.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 361 38.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 254 26.8%

• Total voters

Kaeruri

I always choose the fire starter,so torchic. I love it!^_^

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
As much as torchic is my favorite, I chose mudkip because it is the strongest of the three. I've been through the elite four with two pokemon: swampert and swellow. They cover their types perfectly. I have never lost to the CPU's.

Celebii21

Mudkip everytime.

Mawile412

Problem
Torchic is adorable and there was a lot of different water types in Hoenn

colonelblackeye

Old School Trainer
I chose Torchic in Ruby (my first game in that generation) because I usually start with the fire type. I chose Treecko in Sapphire. In Emerald I traded back and forth to get all 3 starters, but technically Treecko was my starter in it (since it was the one I didn't trade in).

LostLove

Flygon Trainer
Treeko I don't remember why.. probz cos he is like the best and cutest ♥ Saucy his name is :L

sammy p

torchic!! its sooooo cute, and its final evolution is one of the most badass starter evolutions they ever made!!! Blaziken is in my top 5 fav pokemon lol

Ivysaurus

ONYXceptable
At first Torchic, than later Mudkip, "not because of the meme", anyways I loved them both

The Mew

I love Mew<3
Mudkip ;258; But I also like Torchic... ;255;
Anyway, I have all Hoen starters in my Emerald now ^^ ;252; ;255; ;258; ;254; ;257; ;260;

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
Going by the grass type theme, Treecko

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
First run through: Mudkip
Second run through: Mudkip
Third run through: Treeko
Current run through: Torchic

Yonkid

I chose Torchic in Ruby. He's a great choice because of his Fighting and Fire he can easily own most of the Elite Four, combined with a Dragon Pokemon (I put Dragon Claw on Rayquaza, big mistake) they can win the whole elite four.

Now Mudkip would be a great choice aswell because Water is really good, it owns most Gyms and one of the HM's (SURF) has 95 power, which is ALOT.

Treecko is a nice choice aswell. Grass are very underrated, most of my friends and me don't choose Grass starters. He's great because he's the only grass pokemon that can learn Dragon Claw and Dragonbreath, which makes him the best pokemon to teach Dragon Claw.

Mudkip.

no, REALLY