• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Torchic

Votes: 334 35.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 361 38.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 254 26.8%

• Total voters

Cryptic Blaze

Blinded by the light
I chose Torchic first. I liked the fire/fighting typing of Blaziken.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Torchic. Ok, Sapphire was my first ever Pokemon game, and I wasn't exactly the best with the elemental weakness system, so when I saw that I had to fight off a poochyena, I figured that the fire would burn his fur and do extra damage. XD

I also forgot to teach my Blaziken Blaze kick XD

Shiny_Alakazam

Phantom of the Psych
I chose Mudkip. I needed a Pokemon to Surf, but none of the wild Water Pokemon in Hoenn can use Surf perfectly. Wailmer is a good Pokemon, but it's very slow and you can't catch it until you're near the end of the game.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
I chose Mudkip.

First of all I love Water type Pokemon, and of course, I wanted to defeat my first gym battle, which is a Rock type gym, more easily..^

I've used every Hoenn starter. Treecko in my first Sapphire runthrough, Torchic in Emerald, and now I'm using Mudkip in my restarted Sapphire file.

Manchee

extra toasty
I've chosen them all. I honestly can't remember who I picked when I first got Ruby, but I've had all three starters over time. I've picked Torchic a good number of times since it ends up being really strong, though I think I've picked Treecko the most out of anyone. Mudkip was definitely a favorite of mine, but I haven't really picked one in a very long time.

Larry

I've also picked all of them and I personally think Sceptile is the most fun to play with but I first picked Torchic because I used to pick only fire.

3dxbox

Torchick.

Don't really like Treeco since he's Grass only, and Mudkip.. Tons of other water pokemon to choose from imo.

Just like the Fight/Fire combination.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
On my first game, I chose Mudkip, for reasons I can't remember.

On my second file, I chose Treecko, because she wasn't Mudkip pretty much.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Red/Blue: Charmander
Yellow: Pikachu (Duh)
Gold/Silver/Crystal: Cyndaquil
Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald: Torchic
FireRed/LeafGreen: Bulbasaur
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Piplup
HeartGold/SoulSilver: Cyndaquil

SuperSkitty

to the rescue !
I chose Torchic. I always go with the Fire Starter because I love fire types.
I have a Blaziken, Charizard, Typhlosion, and now Infernape. But for Black/White, I think I want the water starter because it's just SO cute. :D
I loved fire types, but that was all before Stealth Rock T_T
Now my Charizard stays in the box most of the times. :(

tom-tom

Furret <3
I chose them all. I have all three games too which none of them I bought, my friends gave me them.

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
^^All three games? Awesome. I wish I had Ruby, for getting, say, a zangoose.
Well the first game I ever played was when I borrowed Emerald from my friend a while back. I didn't want to delete his save file (turned out later that he didn't want it anyway though), so I played through the first part of the game a bunch of times with each of the starters.

So when I got Sapphire, I decided to go with Mudkip - I like water types anyway.
I chose Treecko in Emerald though.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
first i chose mudkip, then torchic, and then finally treecko on my saphire, i think i chose torchic on ruby first, and mudkip on emerald first... but anyways, my current is all three! (thank you 2 gbas and link cable!

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
I chose Treecko. Because he looked coolest and because I always choose the grass starter.

annabelletheraikou

I picked Torchic. It was cute, plus I'm partial to fire types. Though I did have kind of a hard time choosing between Torchic and Mudkip, but I'm glad I picked Torchic because it's amazing. Haha.

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
I picked Torchic. He has awesome potential to be a Physical Sweeper and great movepool. Also, looks kinda cool.