• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Torchic

Votes: 334 35.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 361 38.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 254 26.8%

• Total voters

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I chose swampert because I've always used the water type.

Mudkip. Swampert was a Tank!

Ugarking

God of Creation
Mudkip, always wiping out pokemon with one shot.

Shadowy Arceini

(insert title here)
Torchic, because:
-It evolves into Blaziken. Blaziken is a uber.
-Unlike the other starters, its evolved form has 2 types!
-I just like Fire-types. Fire-types are awesome!

FR: Bulbasaur
SS: Totodile
E: Torchic
PL: Chimchar
B/W: Tepig

ChloboShoka

Writer
I always chose Mudkip because he's supercute and swampert's a pimp! Never forgot the time in Ruby where I'd bred swampert like crazy.

MirrorB

Lady Molly
I chose Mudkip on Ruby and Torchic on Emerald and Sapphire. I have to say that Mudkip was my favourite to use and it was my second level 100 ever so that's a plus.
Although, my Blaziken has about 20 or so ribbons, which makes him pretty badass.

xXLuminousNightXx

The Shining Shinx
I usually choose the grass-type starter in the games, but this time around I picked Torchic. I don't know why, Blaziken has pretty good speed, and I just like his design better. Although if I chose again, I might have picked Mudkip ^^

Archaic

rawr!
First time I played I chose Treeko. Second, Mudkip. Third, Torchic. Torchic was best for me but Swamperts best overall.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Mudkip (in Emerald) - My friends and acquaintances had overhyped Torchic's evolutionary line and I had already played fire types so I wanted a change. Saw Mudkip and thought it looked cool...little did I know, Swampert actually packed quite a punch and proved to be the most useful starter I've ever used so far.

Now I gotta find a lucky pokemon to be my first grass starter :D

Cressy

I first went with Treeko. Then switched to Mudkip. Only time i ever went with water. Usually i go with fire. And sometimes grass

Da Man X

Cυrsιvε Rσcκs-DαMαπΧ
I chose Mudkip because I herd u liked mudkips.

boyerboy

Feel the...BANG!
Torchick because my brother had a LV 100 Blazikin. I wanted to do that too.

Jesster

Spicy Nooblet
Mudkip, because I always go for the water starter. <3