• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Torchic

Votes: 334 35.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 361 38.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 254 26.8%

• Total voters

WastingLight

Most often I choose Torchic because I love the fire starters. Sometimes I pick Treeko, but for the first time in a very long time I have picked mudkip for my recent game.

shamrockty12

Hoenn Champion
Treeko all the way!

Sceptile is one of my fav pokemon ever

Anus

Banned
Mudkip is probably my favourite starter, so him.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I used Torchic but i'm defenetly going with Treecko in future playthroughs (if i ever get another hoenn game, sapphire file is too nastalgiac to restart over......).

Treecko and his evolutions are soooo cool and they're agile tree climbing dragon-likeness brings out the part of me that really want's to fly through the skies x) (lol i sound like a bagon XD)

Yep...but I used Torchic back in the day (he's really cute and fluuuffy anyways^^) XD Treecko will be fun if a future playthrough ever happon's though.

lol Not to ditch Mudkip or anything (Mudkip is soo cute but what can i say? treecko own'z x3; <3).

Not that I needed to bring up Mudkip but oh well.

Aquablast

Fake Administrator
On Ruby I picked Treecko, then Emerald I picked Mudkip, and Sapphire I picked Torchic. Although Ruby was the first game I had out of the bunch so Treecko was my first Hoenn starter. Sceptile is a boss, and so is Treecko and Grovyle.

RNG_Reporter

Torchic I thought would be fun to use.. but Combusken is getting destroyed at every turn.. hell.. my whole team is getting smashed. It's kind of embarrassing..

even May is whoopin me up. I tried Mudkip for a bit and it was kind of boring..

But idk.. this is my first time in this gen.. so i think im just picking the wrong pokemon

ebevan91

Don't remember who I chose the first time but I ended up using all 3 eventually.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I chose Torchic on Sapphire when I played through the game for the first time, mostly because I thought it was cute. Its evolutions were interesting though. It was hard battling against some of the Gym Leaders with a Fire/Fighting-type as your strongest Pokemon, but it worked out in the end.

joeyyz

I Love Gary Club ©
Mudkip because I can get a grass pokemon almost straight away anyway (Lotad) and then I'm flying pretty safe for the first part of the game

RNG_Reporter

It's incredible.. just incredible at how bad Treecko is. The movepool.. that disgusting movepool. Gross.

No way in hell can you beat the game with that thing in your party. I bet it faints all the time.

orochi

mudkip, for the fact that i can fly through all the gymleaders and cause its SUPER cute X3 its movepool though needs some work. id have to teach it ice beem just to get past grass types :(. unless i breed it to learn ice punch and then use mudkip all over again