• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who did YOU choose?

Your favorite starter?

• Turwtig

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Piplup

Votes: 20 34.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I chose all three the first time, and Turtwig the second time.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Chose Piplup because I liked it better than the others and it's a penguin; penguins are cute :D

Sprintking

I always choose the fire type my first time through, and given the lack of fire types in DP, he's far and away the most valuable option.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I chose turtwig because I liked Torterra best

Cryptic Blaze

Blinded by the light
I chose Turtwig because I usually go with either fire or water. I wanted to mix things up a bit and it worked out really well.

Bronzong#1

Cell Shaded
Piplup I mean a giant metal penguin not that hard to think about it was for me most visually stimulating it looked awesome. Second interesting type combo and third how can you lose with a giant metal Emporer penguin

Last edited:

Pikawho?

(five15)
I went with Piplup in my first runthrough. Historically, I don't do well with grass starters (this theory was proven again when I took Turtwig with me in Pt). I'm not a fan of monkeys nor was I too thrilled that it was a fire-fighting type (rip-off of Blaziken). So for those reasons alone, I chose Piplup. Plus, who doesn't want a giant, metal penguin to protect you while you sleep at night? =/

From my post, you can prolly guess who I'ma start with in gen 5....

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
Chimchar in Diamond, Piplup in Platinum. I liked Chimchar the best because he was faster and used the first move most of the time unlike Empoleon who always got damaged on the first turn.

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
Chimchar! I've been choosing fire starters since Charmander in my Red Version, besides except for gen 3 they always end up being the best starters.

LadyJane

Collector
I have choosed Piplup, i love water pokemon and penguins.Most of the time I take the water or grass starter.

Typhoon_HG

Returning User
All three. I chose Turtwig first on Pearl, Chimchar second on Platinum, and Piplup last on Diamond. Turtwig is now a Lv.100 Torterra :)

Ditto123

~Word~
turtwig
but empoleon ended up as my fave starter

EliteMaster

Turtwig because I always choose grass starters.