1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you find more annoying? Oshawott, Piplup or Axew?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Azureth, Dec 22, 2018.

?

Who do you find more annoying?

1. Oshawott

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  2. Piplup

22 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. Axew

17 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. Azureth

Azureth Well-Known Member

They are all really annoying, but I have to go with Piplup.

2. AznKei

AznKei Getting ready for Pump It Up XX.

Piplus, because it's an attention seeker, which is related to its trainer Dawn being the co-star status in DP, so it's the "Pikachu" of Dawn. It was the most notorious during the farewell episode where it was running away making drama while everyone was searching for it.

Axe You & Oshawa were notorious during the Axew being lost episode. Where the former is being distracted easily by its surroundings while the latter got its hunger ovecome it by eating foods that don't belong to it. But, I was paying more attention about Vergil's Eevee loving ice cream during the whole episode than those two.

3. keepitsimple

keepitsimple the air is electrifying

4. AznKei

AznKei Getting ready for Pump It Up XX.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  5. shoz999

shoz999 Do you play competitive bro?

I haven't finished BW yet but so far Oshawatt and Axew are alright in my book. Piplup on the other hand. Too prideful.

6. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Beautiful Morning ^^

Definitely Piplup. It’s honestly the only one of the three that’s ever annoyed me. Oshawott and Axew on the other hand have had a lot of adorableness moments, but I can’t remember ever being annoyed by them.

7. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Rufus is the best Kim Possible character

Dawn's Piplup. I like Piplup as a species.

Axew not evolving isn't its own fault, unlike Piplup's.

Oshawott didn't constantly get spotlighted either.

satopi likes this.
  8. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Pochama in the Japanese version was fine, Piplup's dub voice is one of the reasons people complain about it

9. Nebbygetinthebag

Nebbygetinthebag Sun the Saver

Definetly Piplup, It was so annoying and I don't like his bratty attitude.

10. Ignition

Ignition Why are the angry characters always the best ones?

Axew. How many times did they use a plot that involves it being a victim? Oshawott is right behind it. Piplup is great though

11. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

Oshawott - I didn't like what it became

I liked Piplup and Axew was just there

12. lolipiece

lolipiece ウソです3: スイレンの逆襲 Staff Member Moderator

Oshawott. And purely because I'm still mad it didn't evolve.

Piplup's the lesser of two evils.

Axew was never really that annoying, honestly.

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  13. Apslup

Apslup Triple Star Hunter

I have no issue with Piplup really.

Oshawott is annoying since it was a bad battler and wasn't even good comic relief.

Axew was worse though because to me it represents all of Iris' lost potential. It could have grown and become something really cool but hardly developed and just became a footnote in the history of the anime.

LilligantLewis and Ignition like this.
  14. Nodame

Nodame Well-Known Member

They're all cute in the sub and annoying in the dub.

All Pokemon are annoying in the dub actually.

satopi and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  15. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

I think Psyduck and Croagunk were the only two mascot pokemon who didn't get annoying or bothersome overtime. Whenever the writers have a forced mascot pokemon on the cast it tends to get annoying after hundreds of eps, similar to Togepi/Piplup/Axew, etc.

16. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Final Destination me, you *****.

Oshawott because he was a bigger waste than Piplup.

Axew is almost equal to Oshawott.

17. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Axew.
    Solely because of Iris..... kidding. Piplup's the only one that's actually good, Oshawott is bearable. Axew isn't, it's annoying and started the stupid "Get lost at League" tradition

18. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush Guardian of Love

Personally, I think Piplup was the most annoying one. I hated Piplup because of it’s obnoxious dub voice. I know, it’s a stupid reason why but homestly, hearing Piplip talk in the dub was worse than listening to nails on a chalkboard.

I personally liked Oshawott and I don’t really have much of an opinion on Axew.

19. shoz999

shoz999 Do you play competitive bro?

Honestly it's not just Piplup but it's personality as well. Don't know about you but in terms of Piplup, they probably should've made Dawn and her Piplup more into Pokemon battles. This is because I liked how Piplup developed in the Pokemon Adventures manga under Platinum (Dawn's manga counterpart) and has a much more feisty determined spirit which actually melds well to how Piplup evolves slowly into Empoleon later on, which somewhat reminds me of Ash's Charizard or Bayleef's determined and prideful personalities. I feel like Piplup is really one of those Pokemon that would've fit better in Pokemon battles, not Pokemon contests and you start liking the guy as it evolves rather than stay as a Piplup forever.

20. keepitsimple

keepitsimple the air is electrifying

Why is Piplup winning? At least he's actually useful

Btw Dedenne is the worst tbh

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018