• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you find more annoying? Oshawott, Piplup or Axew?

Who do you find more annoying?

• Oshawott

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Piplup

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Axew

Votes: 22 31.9%

• Total voters

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Piplus, because it's an attention seeker, which is related to its trainer Dawn being the co-star status in DP, so it's the "Pikachu" of Dawn. It was the most notorious during the farewell episode where it was running away making drama while everyone was searching for it.

Axe You & Oshawa were notorious during the Axew being lost episode. Where the former is being distracted easily by its surroundings while the latter got its hunger ovecome it by eating foods that don't belong to it. But, I was paying more attention about Vergil's Eevee loving ice cream during the whole episode than those two.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I haven't finished BW yet but so far Oshawatt and Axew are alright in my book. Piplup on the other hand. Too prideful.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Definitely Piplup. It’s honestly the only one of the three that’s ever annoyed me. Oshawott and Axew on the other hand have had a lot of adorableness moments, but I can’t remember ever being annoyed by them.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Dawn's Piplup. I like Piplup as a species.

Axew not evolving isn't its own fault, unlike Piplup's.

Oshawott didn't constantly get spotlighted either.

Kintaro

Banned
Pochama in the Japanese version was fine, Piplup's dub voice is one of the reasons people complain about it

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Axew. How many times did they use a plot that involves it being a victim? Oshawott is right behind it. Piplup is great though

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oshawott. And purely because I'm still mad it didn't evolve.

Piplup's the lesser of two evils.

Axew was never really that annoying, honestly.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
I have no issue with Piplup really.

Oshawott is annoying since it was a bad battler and wasn't even good comic relief.

Axew was worse though because to me it represents all of Iris' lost potential. It could have grown and become something really cool but hardly developed and just became a footnote in the history of the anime.

Kintaro

Banned
I think Psyduck and Croagunk were the only two mascot pokemon who didn't get annoying or bothersome overtime. Whenever the writers have a forced mascot pokemon on the cast it tends to get annoying after hundreds of eps, similar to Togepi/Piplup/Axew, etc.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Axew.
Solely because of Iris..... kidding. Piplup's the only one that's actually good, Oshawott is bearable. Axew isn't, it's annoying and started the stupid "Get lost at League" tradition

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Personally, I think Piplup was the most annoying one. I hated Piplup because of it’s obnoxious dub voice. I know, it’s a stupid reason why but homestly, hearing Piplip talk in the dub was worse than listening to nails on a chalkboard.

I personally liked Oshawott and I don’t really have much of an opinion on Axew.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Personally, I think Piplup was the most annoying one. I hated Piplup because of it’s obnoxious dub voice. I know, it’s a stupid reason why but homestly, hearing Piplip talk in the dub was worse than listening to nails on a chalkboard.

I personally liked Oshawott and I don’t really have much of an opinion on Axew.
Honestly it's not just Piplup but it's personality as well. Don't know about you but in terms of Piplup, they probably should've made Dawn and her Piplup more into Pokemon battles. This is because I liked how Piplup developed in the Pokemon Adventures manga under Platinum (Dawn's manga counterpart) and has a much more feisty determined spirit which actually melds well to how Piplup evolves slowly into Empoleon later on, which somewhat reminds me of Ash's Charizard or Bayleef's determined and prideful personalities. I feel like Piplup is really one of those Pokemon that would've fit better in Pokemon battles, not Pokemon contests and you start liking the guy as it evolves rather than stay as a Piplup forever.