1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you find more annoying? Oshawott, Piplup or Axew?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Azureth, Dec 22, 2018.

?

Who do you find more annoying?

1. Oshawott

12 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Piplup

24 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. Axew

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. Nodame

Nodame galar form

How come people find Togepi annoying/brat. People are too harsh.

2. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Togepi had its annoying moments but it was not a screenhogger like oshowatt and piplup, it was more of underdeveloped pokemon who didn't got any major focus and development throughout OS and remained baby for more than 200 episodes unlike oshowatt and piplup.

3. Nodame

Nodame galar form

What’s wrong with keeping a cute Pokémon unevolved because it’s cuter this way?

4. Dragalge

Dragalge Persona Emblem

There’s nothing wrong with that some people just wanted it to do more things is all. =p

Nodame likes this.
  5. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Nothing wrong, it just was massively underutilized throughout whole series it was in and that's why it is not memorable other walking pokemon were just better treated and got more focus than togepi.

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you staring at?"

Because their battle potential starts to go down as time passes and they're meant to sell plushies without evolving, as evidenced by Ash's Oshawott (and the fact there were waaaaaaaay too many Dewott during Unova).

Togepi was not a battler, so it gets a free pass.

7. Nodame

Nodame galar form

Generally speaking, unevolved starters can still be powerful if the writers wanted to. Maybe it’s not the case for Oshawott. It just doesn’t bother me because I find it cute.

But yeah Togepi is precious.

PorcelainVulpix and satopi like this.
  8. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

???

keepitsimple likes this.
  9. SH65

SH65 Victory Over All!

Axew because he did nothing useful and anything he does do comes out of nowhere and he never does it again.

10. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I'm gonna say Oshawott, yes Piplup's annoying to but at least he gets plenty of heartwarming moments with the group and don't lie that ending of DP made some of you cry. Axew was a poor man's Togepi in that, while he's cute, his little, "I wanna evolve and become a mighty dragon." Arc goes nowhere, they had an interesting thing going with his hard to control powers but nope they ax that plotline just a few episodes later. Oshawott however was so annoying, I barely remember any time he got scolded for doing something he shouldn't. Say what you will about Piplup but at least people scolded him when they caught him crossing the line and Axew at least had the excuse of being a child who Iris admittedly spoiled so much she would've probably let get him away with murder because of her bias towards dragons. The only bright side to Oshawott was the time Pikachu said what I can only assume went along the lines of, "Ash, your water starter for this region is a brat. I'll put up with him but btw he ate all the food you left for Tepig."

11. Mizz Nikki

Mizz Nikki Black Diamond

I’m gonna say Piplup. I hated it for the minute from its debut because of the fact that it’s a smug little jerk. That along with its terrible English voice made watching the dub unbearable.

Not saying that Oshawott and Axew were annoying because they were, Piplup is just the most obnoxious of the three.

12. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Piplup should have kept it's Japanese voice for the dub. I don't think dub watchers would have disliked it as much.

13. LilligantLewis

For me Dawn's Piplup is my favorite Pokémon in the entire anime as you will see in the first post of Page 2 of the Anime Awards thread, so definitely that is not my answer. I would go with Togepi, Totodile, Wobbuffet, Chespin, or Rowlet.

14. Nodame

Nodame galar form

I wish they kept Piplup’s blue eyes. I don’t know why they made it black in the anime.

15. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Axew didn't really do anything ever... Hard to call it annoying when it has no screen personality.

My vote goes to Oshawott. What a pain in the rear.

Same reason Pikachu's are black unless it's an up close shot. It's a lot of effort for little payoff. In most official game art it's eyes are so dark they're almost black anyway so it's not a huge loss. DP is the only art where they're lighter.

16. Peter Harrison

Peter Harrison Well-Known Member

Defiantly Axew, I thought Oshawott and Piplup were cool and funny

17. LilligantLewis

Except hog an entire episode of the league?

18. Prof. SALTY

... So? It was a fine episode. Axew lacked a consistant personality like always but it was fine.

19. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you staring at?"

Oh, sweet baby Jeebus...

LilligantLewis likes this.
  20. Prof. SALTY

BW was a giant dumpster fire as a whole, that episode is fine in relation to the rest of the series. Nothing in BW is good.