• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you find more annoying? Oshawott, Piplup or Axew?

Who do you find more annoying?

• Oshawott

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Piplup

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Axew

Votes: 22 31.9%

• Total voters

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
BW was a giant dumpster fire as a whole, that episode is fine in relation to the rest of the series. Nothing in BW is good.
Uh, Ash’s Krookodile would like to have a word with you.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Piplup. The only Pokemone on Dawn’s team that I couldn’t stand sometimes. And yes, I did watch most of DP in the dub, that voice still haunts me.

I never found Axew or Togepi to be annoying. I thought they were both cute and I thought it was adorable how Pikachu looked after Togepi.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
what about chespin and rowlet?

Kintaro

Banned
Rowlett is cute, people's disappointment is that it seemingly won't ever evolve, not that there's anything wrong with its personality. Chespin most people just don't care about.

Piplup (Pochama) is great in Japanese. I watched all of DP subbed and dubbed when it aired, it's amazing what a change of voice can do a world of difference. I mean Piplup was tremendously popular in Japan for a reason.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Rowlet is suuuuper annoying. The sleeping thing was cute at first but now it just grinds my gears.

Uh, Ash’s Krookodile would like to have a word with you.

Krookodile had a decently strong personality but nothing was ever done with it. A disappointment tbh.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Rowlet is suuuuper annoying. The sleeping thing was cute at first but now it just grinds my gears.

Krookodile had a decently strong personality but nothing was ever done with it. A disappointment tbh.
That’s sadly true :(

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Piplup getting a lot of undeserved hate, at least it was competent and very active, it has a number of victories and notable battles under its belt, which can’t be said for the other too.

I’m torn between Oshawott and Axew to be honest, Oshawott because of its spotlight stealing and not being useful, having very few notable battles, it’s a bad version of Piplup. And Axew, literally added nothing other than getting lost, it has one notable battle against Garchomp, but that was just a bit of practice.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
And Axew, literally added nothing other than getting lost, it has one notable battle against Garchomp, but that was just a bit of practice.
MAL would like to have a word with you :p

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
All three were annoying, but I voted for Piplup. Although he was powerful, I was irritated when he refused to evolve. That said, Oshawott still had awful moveset during the League and Axew randomly learned Outrage and Giga Impact only to never use them again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kibago stole less screen-time than Pochama and Mijumaru, yet his scenes had a knack of being much more frustrating to me, such as him getting lost when Iris wasn't paying attention. So I'd say him over the two Water-types.

Kintaro

Banned
Only problem with Piplup I had was besides the clear favortism the writers gave it over Dawn's other pokemon, so of course it was used in most of her big battles or Contests. Buneary/Pachirisu were there since the beginning of DP and could have gotten more focus outside of the Contests they were in, and of course Ambipom should have stayed and never been released.

Dragon Pulse

This is ironic considering how Dragonite is one of my all-time favorite Pokémon, but Iris' Dragonite regularly frustrated me, along with Ash's Charizard. Their feud in BW was unnecessarily annoying.

DatsRight

what about chespin and rowlet?

Rowlet at least has the occasional battle or moment of usefulness. Plus he does okay as comic relief without being a jackass mascot like the others were.

Snowy is becoming a more disappointing baby mascot, she started off okay but then mostly just became Lillie's teddy bear, even her snobby or timid habits completely dissolved. If there's one thing worse than being obnoxious to me it's being bland and boring. She's tied between Togepi in being the most generic baby (Snowy does a bit more, but Togepi at least had ADD).

Last edited:

Kintaro

Banned
Yeah, it's times like this I'm glad May didn't have a forced mascot pokemon like the other girls. The writers either treat it too much like a baby pokemon or a cutesy pokemon (Togepi, Alola Vulpix, Axew, etc), or it gets too much focus like Piplup at times. She's really one of the only main girls that didn't get stuck with one, unless you count Serena.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah, it's times like this I'm glad May didn't have a forced mascot pokemon like the other girls. The writers either treat it too much like a baby pokemon or a cutesy pokemon (Togepi, Alola Vulpix, Axew, etc), or it gets too much focus like Piplup at times. She's really one of the only main girls that didn't get stuck with one, unless you count Serena.
She had Munchlax, which was a mascot Pokemon back during the Battle Frontier

DatsRight

Piplup I suppose at least gets significant points because, in spite of his obnoxiousness, it was still very active and integral to Dawn's activity, and they prioritised the comic relief a bit so it was still usually competent to some degree.

The problem with a lot of the other mascots (bar Pikachu of course) is that they're a bit too one note, doing mostly ONLY the baby role or ONLY the comic relief role, and if anything often portrayed as useless in action outside the handful of 'hidden badass' moments any dead weight character is entitled to in the show.