• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you find more annoying? Oshawott, Piplup or Axew?

Who do you find more annoying?

• Oshawott

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Piplup

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Axew

Votes: 22 31.9%

• Total voters

Kintaro

Banned
The problem with a lot of the other mascots (bar Pikachu of course) is that they're a bit too one note, doing mostly ONLY the baby role or ONLY the comic relief role, and if anything often portrayed as useless in action outside the handful of 'hidden badass' moments any dead weight character is entitled to in the show.

It probably doesn't help that the writers think main girls have to have a cute plush or baby-type pokemon to appeal to girls. It's probably a culture thing in Japan, female characters get mostly cute pokemon, and whoever their main pokemon is, is treated like a baby or constantly held in the main girls arms to cuddle, etc.

DatsRight

It probably doesn't help that the writers think main girls have to have a cute plush or baby-type pokemon to appeal to girls. It's probably a culture thing in Japan, female characters get mostly cute pokemon, and whoever their main pokemon is, is treated like a baby or constantly held in the main girls arms to cuddle, etc.

Plus they're sort of in the area that the writers don't like seeing them take a beatdown because of it, so if they DO get battle/action scene time at last, it's usually VERY underwhelming or spurious since you know they're not gonna let the cute girls' widdle baby Pokemon get so much as scuffed, let alone get KOed. Comic relief types are at least more except, though they still usually only do gag battles (in some better cases like Rowlet they can have tense AND comical battles however).

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
May's Blaziken doesn't give me that impression, neither is Serena's Braixen although the Pokevision was kinda the low point of its personality for not going through the dirt puddle at first.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
For whatever reason, May ended up with a Blaziken, probably because the writers thought it had done so many things and they didn't want to, ahem, put an Everstone in its stomach to prevent it to evolve. And also because the 3rd Gen didn't properly show Blaziken in it (unlike as an early bird cameo...haha, get it), plus, it evolved right before the last couple of episodes before May was shipped out to the black hole of a region we all know as Johto.

Serena, though, stuck to Braixen all because someone else was already showing off Delphox...and because we all know Serena is almost never allowed to finish her own battles to get experience for Braixen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kintaro said:

And I don't generally mind this since it can work well enough as we've seen with Lilie and Shiron in SM. It only went overboard with Pochama in DP since he was force-fed to us viewers to the point where he became a second Pikachu.

Kintaro

Banned
Piplup's dub voice likely dulled it's representation in the west. In Japan at least Pochama sounds adorable even if it gets the same focus since the episodes are the same.

I really wish they kept its original voice in the dub.

MusicFan22

This is ironic considering how Dragonite is one of my all-time favorite Pokémon, but Iris' Dragonite regularly frustrated me, along with Ash's Charizard. Their feud in BW was unnecessarily annoying.

Sorry for the late reply, but I do agree that I disliked Iris’ Dragonite & Ash’s Charizard (I disagree with their beef, because I found it hilarious personally).

I love Dragonites and Charizards too.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Sorry for the late reply, but I do agree that I disliked Iris’ Dragonite & Ash’s Charizard (I disagree with their beef, because I found it hilarious personally).

I love Dragonites and Charizards too.
Hey don't mess with Satoshi's lizardon! He is awesome

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Emolga.

I don't see how people could hate Axew. He is a literal baby who wants and really tries hard to be stronger.

I also think he's very brave. Despite being a weak baby, he tried hard to beat Cynthia's Garchomp despite getting the death stare.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
At least Oshawott was funny...
Axew's just annoying, and the fact that he wanted to evolve into Haxorus but didn't even evolve into Fraxure.... that was just beyond annoying and made things worse! Don't give a Pokemon a goal like that if it's never going to evolve! He should have evolved into at least Fraxure, and Iris shouldn't have gotten Dragonite so those episodes could have been devoted to Axew's new evolution and perhaps even training him to evolve again! Haxorus and Dratini is how the Dragons she had should have been handled, with shiny Druddigon thrown in during DA

Shuriken Throw

I voted Axew

I thought Piplup was a good and funny character, plus it was cute at times.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Where Chespin ?, he add nothing to XY story, he hardly battle, his only legacy is rivalry with pancham which same as him which hardly battle and had same move set for the entire series
Piplup and oswhawott is same really that dub voice is pretty annoying to be remembered
Axes he just like getting lost and had no personality like osha or pip

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Where Chespin ?, he add nothing to XY story, he hardly battle, his only legacy is rivalry with pancham which same as him which hardly battle and had same move set for the entire series
Piplup and oswhawott is same really that dub voice is pretty annoying to be remembered
Axes he just like getting lost and had no personality like osha or pip

He was probably left off because he was not either Ash or a Pokégirl's cute mon.. Let's face it, Clemont, while a traveling companion, was not in the same class as a Pokégirl or Ash, himself in terms of billing in a series.

MockingJ

Banned
Oshawott was awful. Piplup's annoying habits were tolerable since he was owned by Dawn, but Oshawott being annoying had no proper excuse since he was an Ash Pokemon and should've been much cooler.