• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you guys think was the strongest companion?

DatsRight

Not to mention Misty has been shown better than Brock during their journey. Especially in Johto. Like in the Pokemon 3 Movie.
I feel like for most of the OS it was a depending on the writer thing. Misty was recurrently portrayed as incompetent in Kanto, while Brock at least gave Ash a proper challenge when they first met. They're generally portrayed competently during their return cameos after they left.

As for Kiawe, it's true Brock tanked him in the Kanto trip, but that was early into SM. He kept pace with Ash for most of the series after, and was implied to still give him a difficult battle AFTER he won the league. Then again Sophocles also gave Kiawe a decent challenge despite only doing a crash course in battling.

Codebox

I feel like for most of the OS it was a depending on the writer thing. Misty was recurrently portrayed as incompetent in Kanto, while Brock at least gave Ash a proper challenge when they first met. They're generally portrayed competently during their return cameos after they left.

As for Kiawe, it's true Brock tanked him in the Kanto trip, but that was early into SM. He kept pace with Ash for most of the series after, and was implied to still give him a difficult battle AFTER he won the league. Then again Sophocles also gave Kiawe a decent challenge despite only doing a crash course in battling.
The amount Misty has is bigger than Brock. Especially in Johto. And yeah I agree Misty was inexperienced in Kanto (which is why I disagree when people say Johto Misty was worse) I mean Pokemon 3 is a good example. Still though I agree with the latter statement.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Heck, I still can't believe Iris is a champion, all the Iris fans received their award for waiting for her for so long
"Award"? I don't see it that way. I like Iris and was looking forward to her returning someday, but the chance of her returning as a Champion was never even on my radar. I would've easily settled for her Fukamaru evolving, or better yet her having more Dragon-types on her team like Bohmander or Flygon. But as far as status is concerned, I couldn't care less about her being a Champion. I don't see it as a bragging right.

Sham

The Guardian of War
"Award"? I don't see it that way. I like Iris and was looking forward to her returning someday, but the chance of her returning as a Champion was never even on my radar. I would've easily settled for her Fukamaru evolving, or better yet her having more Dragon-types on her team like Bohmander or Flygon. But as far as status is concerned, I couldn't care less about her being a Champion. I don't see it as a bragging right.
Award in the sense that Iris got relentless hate especially during the XY era. You can find plenty of threads bashing her, calling her a bully and everything under the sun. Sure “award” is probably a misused term but Iris fans have spent years being told she was never gonna return because the writers hated her and she was unpopular so to see not only her come back but how she did it was awesome.

Award in the sense that Iris got relentless hate especially during the XY era. You can find plenty of threads bashing her, calling her a bully and everything under the sun. Sure “award” is probably a misused term but Iris fans have spent years being told she was never gonna return because the writers hated her and she was unpopular so to see not only her come back but how she did it was awesome.
That's wrong, XY fans don't hate iris at all, iris haters come from all sectors of the fandom + fans who praise Ash too much and get upset if Iris calls him a Kid

Now, how about a ranking from the weakest to the strongest gangs?

1) BW ( Iris + Cilan)
2) AG ( Brock + May)
3) DP ( Brock + Dawn)
4) SM (Kiawe + Lana + Others)
5) OS (Brock + Misty)
6) XY (Clemont + Serena)
7) JN ( Goh + Koharu)

nickdt

1) BW ( Iris + Cilan)
2) AG ( Brock + May)
3) DP ( Brock + Dawn)
5) OS (Brock + Misty)
6) XY (Clemont + Serena)
7) JN ( Goh + Koharu)

DP gang is deffo first, despite Iris being the champion, because Cilan is the weakest of the male companions imo (Aside from Goh that is). DP team has Mamoswine and Haxpinny. They alone would already destroy Cilan.

RafaSceptile

DP gang is deffo first, despite Iris being the champion, because Cilan is the weakest of the male companions imo (Aside from Goh that is). DP team has Mamoswine and Haxpinny. They alone would already destroy Cilan.
If we are talking about those groups during the time they were main characters then I agree, otherwise I think Iris alone is enough to put BW first.

1) BW ( Iris + Cilan)
2) AG ( Brock + May)
3) DP ( Brock + Dawn)
5) OS (Brock + Misty)
6) XY (Clemont + Serena)
7) JN ( Goh + Koharu)
** 1) BW ( Iris + Cilan)
2) OS (Brock + Misty)
3) AG ( Brock + May)
5) DP ( Brock + Dawn)