• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you think is the most dangerous character in the Pokemon series?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So this is a thread to discuss who do you think is the most dangerous character in the Pokemon series and when I say Pokemon series I mean the entire Pokemon series be it I don't know anime's Hunter J, manga's Sird, TCG's Imakuni.

I'll start off with one of the funnest villains the Pokemon series has delivered, Colress from the games and Adventures manga.

250px-Colress_B2W2_Trailer.png
6ujD5eq.jpg

So what makes Colress so refreshing compared to past villains is that he's not this dark serious guy but is rather a very fun villain who is not interested in taking over the world but as the first Pokemon Researcher villain of the main series, he's interested in unlocking the strengths of Pokemon and his endless pursuit of science. In the games, he's a friendly villain who wears his signature smile and is the literal personification of the anime's memorable quote, "THE POWER OF SCIENCE IS SO AMAZING!" and what's interesting is the Pokemon Adventures manga expands Colress's personality even further as a sort of fanboy of science. This dude in the manga is just so excited like a child when he sees another innovating piece of tech that he hasn't made while also cartoonishly expressing annoyance whenever he is interrupted in anyway and also excitedly supportive of others who suits his interest. Adventures take on Colress is definitely a villain who knows how to have fun.

It's also because of this, I find this an interesting stark contrast from the anime's more darker and serious take on Colress. In fact, in some ways Colress's exaggerated and sometimes even cartoonish excitement and disappointment from the manga reminds me of Jessie, James & Meowth from Team Rocket. However unlike those three, he knows how to wear his excited smile in a rather dangerous manner. In both the games and Adventures manga, behind that friendly excited child-like smile is one of the most powerful trainers of the Pokemon series. In the manga especially, when he sees danger at it's deadliest staring at him close in the face, he smiles like a child at a candystore as he only sees this as an opportunity to experiment and he has the powerful Pokemon to back it up. In fact what makes game and Adventures Colress especially suspicious is when they just stop smiling. Colress is known for his iconic smile so when he stops smiling, something is very wrong here.

However what makes Colress ultimately so dangerous is his scientific ambitions seem to have no end. He's the kind of person that will instantly change sides if it helps his research. If treating Pokemon like tools will help his research, he'll do it. If treating Pokemon like friends will help his research, he'll instantly change just like that. However what really cements his scientific ambtions as pretty dangerous is how far his inventions have come. He's made the Kyurem Cannon which freezes Opelucid City, he created an invention that banishes people to different dimensions and he has somehow discovered Ultra Necrozma's source of power, the Z-rings. It's from this that we can assume his ambitious pursuit of science has no end and it's this and what he's able to achieve is why I think he's arguably your most powerful ally or your most dangerous enemy in the Pokemon series.

Last edited:

shoz999

Maybe Mewtwo from the first movie since he blew up a lab, killed people, and tried to destroy the world with his storm.
I don't remember the destroying the part with a storm but if you think about it anime's Mewtwo is capable of more than just battling but also creating and advancing different forms of technology, as seen as how Mewtwo built a castle equipped with a laboratory with cloning technology. He would be a very dangerous character due to his powers and intelligence.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Lysandre and his genocidal attempt in Pokémon XY explains it all. All life forms, including Pokémon, would perish exept for Team Flare. In X, Lysandre becomes immortal due to Xerneas but dies in Y due to Yveltal. The fact that he is immortal, but buried ALIVE under the ruins of his base in Geosenge Town in X was one of the most violent "deaths" I've ever seen in Pokémon. Being Jewish, I also noticed that "Holo Caster" is similar to the word "holocaust" Coincidence? I don't think so. And let's not even mention all innuendos found in the XY games...

shoz999

Lysandre and his genocidal attempt in Pokémon XY explains it all. All life forms, including Pokémon, would perish exept for Team Flare. In X, Lysandre becomes immortal due to Xerneas but dies in Y due to Yveltal. The fact that he is immortal, but buried ALIVE under the ruins of his base in Geosenge Town in X was one of the most violent "deaths" I've ever seen in Pokémon. Being Jewish, I also noticed that "Holo Caster" is similar to the word "holocaust" Coincidence? I don't think so. And let's not even mention all innuendos found in the XY games...
Personally I think Lysandre in the Adventures manga is the most dangerous version because it actually explains how he amassed so much influence over the Kalos region as some kind of Illuminati-style organization and it's that he used to be a good person that earned the respect of the people everywhere in the Kalos region through his tech advances, his encouragement of their talents and his humanitarian efforts to help the poor and homeless. That's how he gained so much power and why the people blindly follow him even after he grew more intimidating and more cynical that his past actions had no satisfactory results of improving anything. I feel like Lysandre of any version is an example of "You live long enough to see yourself as the villain."

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Lysandre is one thing, but Cyrus was one step away from destroying and recreating the universe without emotion. In Platinum, you fail to stop him and the only thing that stops this is Giratina showing up out of nowhere

shoz999

Lysandre is one thing, but Cyrus was one step away from destroying and recreating the universe without emotion. In Platinum, you fail to stop him and the only thing that stops this is Giratina showing up out of nowhere

Okay so, hear me out on this. This is really interesting. Team Galactic's perception by the characters of Sinnoh in the Adventures manga. I personally see it as an expansion of the games take where you, the player, first meet Cyrus but you have no clue what he's talking about and that's one key factor to what makes Cyrus dangerous, lots of people have no clue what his organization even is about. Some don't care but some do take them seriously when crimes are committed but here's the thing. Even if you, the player, or any of the characters take Team Galactic seriously as a threat, how do you perceive that "threat"? Are they just crazy people, rookie criminals, thieves to sell stolen tech? I say this because a question often asked by the characters in Pokemon Adventures is what does Cyrus actually mean by destroying the old universe and creating a new one. He says this a lot but the characters often think he's speaking in riddles, he's being subtle about it, maybe he's just crazy, he couldn't literally mean that right? That's impossible! And that's why Cyrus is also very dangerous. They don't know realize that he literally means to destroy the universe and they don't realize this until it's almost too late as he reveals how he can achieve this, through the legendaries of creation. That's what makes him very dangerous, the uncertainty people have of his goals.

Although I don't know if he can be considered the most dangerous. There is a very common thing in all his versions that I've seen. All the games, the manga, generations, the anime sort of is that his plans are always stopped by an unforeseen barrier, Giratina. Compare to a kid stopping say Lysandre, that's a huge barrier Cyrus has to deal with. A barrier so huge that we don't actually know how close Cyrus is to destroying the universe. He's very dangerous because he still has the knowledge and resources to continue such a dangerous plan but Giratina and the Distortion World does seem like a huge block in his way compared to other villains who have to deal with another 11 year old.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Immortal and invincible generally aren't the same thing. I don't think it was ever implied Xerneas's power makes people outright unkillable, only that it prevents death due to aging (and perhaps natural causes in general, if you consider the fact that AZ has survived 3,000 years worth of diseases and such). I think it's likely that he (and the player and their friends, had they not escaped in time) would have been killed by the blast and the HQ collapsing even in X's sequence.

That being said, it's also entirely possible he escaped the HQ before it was destroyed. After all, the player and their friends did.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't remember the destroying the part with a storm but if you think about it anime's Mewtwo is capable of more than just battling but also creating and advancing different forms of technology, as seen as how Mewtwo built a castle equipped with a laboratory with cloning technology. He would be a very dangerous character due to his powers and intelligence.

Mewtwo became dangerous because of Giovanni, who I think is a dangerous character in his own right. Team Rocket's reputation is as infamous as it is because of him, and yet no one can stop him (in the anime). Had Mewtwo complied with Giovanni's wishes, I think he'd have control of the world and he'd be literally invincible without a Legendary or Mythical Pokémon like Mew or Arceus intervening.

And mind you, this was before the Mega Evolutions. Save for Mega Rayquaza coming in to wreck shit up, having Mewtwo Mega Evolve would literally be disastrous, and Giovanni would just laugh his way to the bank and Fort Knox and beyond.

shoz999

Mewtwo became dangerous because of Giovanni, who I think is a dangerous character in his own right. Team Rocket's reputation is as infamous as it is because of him, and yet no one can stop him (in the anime). Had Mewtwo complied with Giovanni's wishes, I think he'd have control of the world and he'd be literally invincible without a Legendary or Mythical Pokémon like Mew or Arceus intervening.

And mind you, this was before the Mega Evolutions. Save for Mega Rayquaza coming in to wreck shit up, having Mewtwo Mega Evolve would literally be disastrous, and Giovanni would just laugh his way to the bank and Fort Knox and beyond.
See I don't know about that. Although this is the anime canon and as a bad of a movie that Genesect movie was, Mega Mewtwo still had a hard time beating a legendary Pokemon that wasn't a mega. Also although Giovanni is depicted as a chessmaster who thinks ten steps ahead of everyone in the manga, he also shows this kind of skill in the anime during the Mewtwo Returns special where he outsmarts Mewtwo and captures him before Ash & Co. interrupts this. Mewtwo would be a worldly danger but I don't think he would be the most dangerous character in the Pokemon series. He would have to deal with a lot of people who want to use that power and legendaries that seek to preserve the balance of the world.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Immortal and invincible generally aren't the same thing. I don't think it was ever implied Xerneas's power makes people outright unkillable, only that it prevents death due to aging (and perhaps natural causes in general, if you consider the fact that AZ has survived 3,000 years worth of diseases and such). I think it's likely that he (and the player and their friends, had they not escaped in time) would have been killed by the blast and the HQ collapsing even in X's sequence.

That being said, it's also entirely possible he escaped the HQ before it was destroyed. After all, the player and their friends did.

It's not implied it didn't. AZ has clearly been given some superhuman abilities considering he's 9 feet and still capable of sustaining his own weight. AZ's Floetta has BST almost equal to Florges. So Lysandre should gain some level of superhuman durability, though it would probably just amount to a slower and more miserable death

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It's not implied it didn't. AZ has clearly been given some superhuman abilities considering he's 9 feet and still capable of sustaining his own weight. AZ's Floetta has BST almost equal to Florges. So Lysandre should gain some level of superhuman durability, though it would probably just amount to a slower and more miserable death

Maybe, but some enhanced physical abilities still doesn't equate to being able to survive a small atomic explosion followed by being buried underneath several tons of rubble. Even if he wasn't immediately killed by the blast, I doubt he survived the entire incident. This would lead to potential consistency issues in the future, as in one storyline Lysandre is definitely dead (at least if he was in the HQ when the blast hit it), in the other he's alive but buried under tons of rubble (where surviving members of Team Flare, or any other interested party, could potentially find and free him). I think for consistency's sake he's probably dead in both sequences, assuming he didn't escape the HQ first, which as I said is admittedly a definite possibility in both sequences.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Where was it mentioned that AZ got powers from Xerneas? o.o

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
He got "powers" from his exposure to the energy used by the Ultimate Weapon. In X, this is Xerneas's energy.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
No it is power that wrip all human and pokemon out only give him a immortality.

janejane6178

No it is power that wrip all human and pokemon out only give him a immortality.
What?
I dont undersrand...
From what I remember, AZ built the ultimate weapon from dead Pokemon energy. Lyasndare was the one that used Xerneas for re creating it. So how did AZ got powers from Xerneas when he didnt even got in contact with him, unlike Lysandare

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
What?
I dont undersrand...
From what I remember, AZ built the ultimate weapon from dead Pokemon energy. Lyasndare was the one that used Xerneas for re creating it. So how did AZ got powers from Xerneas when he didnt even got in contact with him, unlike Lysandare
He never met these super-legendary Pokemon in his story . And ideas of him meet and use these super-legendary Pokemon was in the Pokemon special manga only .

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
What?
I dont undersrand...

Hmm yeah you're actually right. I haven't played XY in a while but I just reread some of the dialogue, AZ's machine was powered by the life force of Pokemon (Infinity Energy as the Devon corporation calls it), exposure to Infinity Energy is somehow responsible for AZ's immortality and perhaps for any enhanced physical abilities he has. Lysandre powers the weapon with energy diverted from the Kalos power plant and Xerneas (or Yveltal's) power, so I suppose those legendaries are simply strong enough to act as substitutes for the life force of many Pokemon, which AZ used.

Short version is AZ is actually kind of a terrible person who killed a lot of Pokemon just to bring back one, then nuked a small country.

janejane6178

Hmm yeah you're actually right. I haven't played XY in a while but I just reread some of the dialogue, AZ's machine was powered by the life force of Pokemon (Infinity Energy as the Devon corporation calls it), exposure to Infinity Energy is somehow responsible for AZ's immortality and perhaps for any enhanced physical abilities he has. Lysandre powers the weapon with energy diverted from the Kalos power plant and Xerneas (or Yveltal's) power, so I suppose those legendaries are simply strong enough to act as substitutes for the life force of many Pokemon, which AZ used.

Short version is AZ is actually kind of a terrible person who killed a lot of Pokemon just to bring back one, then nuked a small country.
That's super DARK xd

shoz999

He never met these super-legendary Pokemon in his story . And ideas of him meet and use these super-legendary Pokemon was in the Pokemon special manga only .
That's in the games according to Bulbapedia at least. Apparently Sycamore explains that Xerneas's and Yveltal's energy is infused into the stones becoming Mega Stones through AZ's Ultimate Weapon.