• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you think is the most dangerous character in the Pokemon series?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Akagi (Cyrus) since his goal could've ended all life on the planet. He was selfish in his desire to create his own world, which made him even more dangerous since he lacked empathy.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You, the player, since through the power of the save/reset function you can never lose a battle, and can capture even the most powerful Pokemon

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You, the player, since through the power of the save/reset function you can never lose a battle, and can capture even the most powerful Pokemon
You know. It's hard to argue against that because lol, it's kind of canon if you think about it since there was no player character in the alternate universe that Rainbow Rocket took over.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
You know. It's hard to argue against that because lol, it's kind of canon if you think about it since there was no player character in the alternate universe that Rainbow Rocket took over.
I like to think that they're from universes where the player reset partway through the playthrough or who have just left their game lying around.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I was just trying to make an elaborate Undertale joke, but yeah. Cyrus is the closest to defying the "the player character can't be stopped" since in Platinum you can't actually stop Cyrus, he's only stopped by a third party. The Rainbow Rocket plot implies that to be the case since RR Cyrus mentions a mysterious shadow getting in the way

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Most dangerous Pokémon would be Mewtwo, Deoxys because it can change its form at will and caused massive destruction in its movie, Rayquaza if angered or it feels threatened, Palkia, Dialga, And Giratina when put together in the same area, Arceus since it is the equivalent of a Pokémon deity, Primal Groudon And Kyogre, Unown depending on the number, and Yveltal due to the ability to cause death and destruction.

Most dangerous humans would be Ghetsis since he tends to use manipulative and subliminal messages and actually tries to kill the player directly in BW2, Hunter J, and Lynsdale.

Xuxuba

Cyrus had the most dangerous ambition, but i believe Lysandre's schemes caused the most damage to his region and it's people (especially in the manga and the anime).

The thing about Lysandre is that he is not above wreaking havoc and destruction even if his plan fails. And since we know every pokemon villain's plan is going to fail anyway, that makes him one of the most dangerous villains.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Lysandre and Cyrus are the most dangerous in terms of the scale of damage they wanted to create, but on an individual level, Ghetsis is the most dangerous character. He's a master at manipulation and deception, having deceived the whole Team Plasma of his true intentions, as well as being able to manipulate N since young to do his bidding by lying to him that it was for a good cause. And once he's exposed in the open, he's revealed to be a violent maniac who has no reservations in getting rid of people who pose a threat to him.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Lysandre and Cyrus are the most dangerous in terms of the scale of damage they wanted to create, but on an individual level, Ghetsis is the most dangerous character. He's a master at manipulation and deception, having deceived the whole Team Plasma of his true intentions, as well as being able to manipulate N since young to do his bidding by lying to him that it was for a good cause. And once he's exposed in the open, he's revealed to be a violent maniac who has no reservations in getting rid of people who pose a threat to him.
I like how the Pokemon Adventures manga really explores Ghetsis character in a simple but unique way. By portraying him as essentially an inhumane sociopath pretending to have human qualities while also manipulating and twisting other people's human qualities. I find this interesting because it really does make you wonder if Ghetsis has any redeeming or relatable qualities? Even one, just one and the answer seems to be that he doesn't have a single redeeming or relatable quality that it wouldn't be far off to describe him as inhuman whereas all other villains have some kind of redeemable, relatable, some kind of human quality.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ghetsis, he'd stab his own son in the back to get what he wants. Rainbow Rocket basically proves he's the most manipulative and dangerous.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ghetsis, he'd stab his own son in the back to get what he wants. Rainbow Rocket basically proves he's the most manipulative and dangerous.
Worse. Ghetsis' BW team is perfectly designed to take out N's. Add to his complete lack of redeeming features(asides from the one time he saved the Shadow Triad's life), using N for most his life and immediately disowning him once he loses to you, it all suggests he planned to take out N to usurp him and had the perfect means to do so. And given he unambiguously threatens to kill Lillie in USUM if you don't back up(he literally says "if you value this girl's life" to you), "take out" would translate to "murder discreetly"

Sapphire Dragon

A Silver soul.
Most dangerous worldwide: Probably a tie between Cyrus and Lysandre for me, and I agree with the statements above on this. Lysandre unchecked could wipe out the planet, Cyrus unchecked would wipe out the universe.

Most dangerous individually/socially: Giovanni and Ghetsis. Ghetsis in particular is appalling to the point that when he makes Kyurem forcibly absorb a legendary, that was probably the only thing in any Pokemon game I've played that really distressed me. It took me a while to get over that feeling, since I get pretty immersed in the games I play.

Dangerous Pokemon, well there are quite a lot of them, but the ones that stand out to me the most are Arceus and/or Creation Trio, as well as Hoopa, who can basically summon anything and would be pretty unstoppable if left unchecked (imo).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
He's very dangerous because he still has the knowledge and resources to continue such a dangerous plan but Giratina and the Distortion World does seem like a huge block in his way compared to other villains who have to deal with another 11 year old.

We still don't know what the Cyrus of Pokemon Platinum is up to. And the Cyrus of the Pokemon anime, if he wasn't killed in a Big Crunch event, would be the god of his own little world. By that interpretation, he kind of won in the anime

RedJirachi

Veteran member

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It's called a joke. Though to be serious, there are certainly a lot of Pokemon who'd be physically dangerous to interact with. Looking at you Regice

raichu27

Person: I would probably say Hunter J, since she turned people and Pokemon into stone.

Pokemon: Mewtwo from the movie that Mew was in. No one was able to defeat it in the movie.