• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you think is the strongest Pokemon in raw brute physical strength?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Who do you think is the strongest Pokemon in raw brute physical strength? I got an answer unless you guys think of someone better.

250px-486Regigigas.png

Regigigas's strength is absolutely insane in his adaptations.

Regigigas! His strength is unlike no other! Not even Machamp and Tyranitar's own Pokedex entries! Mountains you say? HOW ABOUT CONTINENTS! He is the freaking Kaido of Pokemon! According to legend, Regigigias is so strong he can pull the very continents itself however like a lot of things from the Pokedex, some fans take it with a grain of salt. And unfortunately Regigigas doesn't really do anything in the games except standing still like a statue. However! We can get an idea what his strength is like from the anime and Pokemon Adventures manga and if you don't care for spoilers, you might be very surprised what Regigigas is capable of in it's adaptations.

M1292.jpg
M1291.jpg

Regigigas pushing a giant icy landscape back

So in the anime. Regigigas doesn't actually show off his strength that much in the TV series. He's memorable for being captured by Brandon the Pyramid King. It's the movie, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, where it's interesting even though is such an short appearance. When the world is under danger due to a absolutely massive glacier sliding down the mountains, Regigigas and a pack of Mamoswine help out to stall the glacier from causing any destruction. This isn't any glacier, it's literally a giant icy landscape sliding down the mountain and Regigigas along with a pack of Mamoswine manage to hold off this much ice.

"I will fight for Sinnoh. I'll give it my all." - Reg the Regigigas through a Pokemon translation.

So in the Pokemon Adventures manga, story spoilers. So to describe what Regigigas achieves here... let's just say it freaked out a lot of Pokemon fans who weren't aware of Regigigas's Pokedex entry, taking even those who knew about it by surprise. What Regigigas achieves here really helps cement the idea of a believable Pokemon whose raw brute strength is rivaled by no Pokemon and that's by overpowering the creation trio themselves, taken them even by surprise. So again, spoilers if you have ignored the first warning. In the original Diamond & Pearl story arc, Regigigas is so strong that he actually manages to overpower not one but two members of the creation trio, holding Dialga's neck in one grip and Palkia's neck in the other, pushing the dragons back so easily that even Cynthia the Pokemon Champion is taken by complete surprise that such a legendary Pokemon even exists. In the Platinum story arc, it gets even better. Regigigas faces Giratina, ruler of the Distortion World himself. Can you guess how things went lol? This being one dragon, not two, Regigigas takes the anti-matter dragon by complete surprise, grabbing the legendary creation dragon by the head with just one hand, ONE HAND keep in-mind, and literally lifts the heavy dragon up, swings him and slams Giratina's head into the earth easily.

Last edited:

Yureishi

If we talk about a brutal, insane physical strength I think you're right, Regigigas or Groudon would be the strongest ones since they're represented to be like mastodontic titans/monsters.

But... If we talk about a natural physical strength coming from a hard training point of view, I guess Conkeldurr would take the cake.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Excluding the legendaries? I think Machamp might fit. One arm alone can move mountains. It can throw a thousand punches in a second. So Machamp can throw anywhere between four and a thousand mountains per second

shoz999

Excluding the legendaries? I think Machamp might fit. One arm alone can move mountains. It can throw a thousand punches in a second. So Machamp can throw anywhere between four and a thousand mountains per second
I believe your right. I just saw a hilarious video and a video explaining that video called Pokemon Battle Royale where all the Pokemon fight each other till there's one Pokemon left and Machamp is a terrifying beast that his punches literally send Pokemon flying off the map, including Tyranitar who throws a freaking mountain at Machamp which Machamp responds by punching the mountain into pieces. One of the reasons why it's so hilarious is that it's actually for the most part faithfully follows the Pokedex entries that are seen as exaggerated by the fanbase.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

shoz999

So this might surprise some of you but a Pokemon lore-wise, not stat-wise, that's shown to be even stronger than Mega Mewtwo X is actually Zygarde himself and not even in his complete form but in his 50% form. To be honest, it does make sense if you think about it. Zygarde even at 50% has the power to nullify life & death and has the strength to maintain order across all ecosystems, not just Kalos as seen in Gen 7.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Lore-wise, if Palkia has control over space it should be able to move anything just by teleporting it