• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you think should be a part of Masters 8 next series in case it is still a part of it?

LeNewbiee

Let's say Ash loses to Leon and next series he aims to join once again. Since the rankings are reset, who do you think should be the new master's eight?

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
What would be fun would be changing the format into Team Battles (something more similar to Beyblade).

A 3-5 Member Team from each region.

With a Kanto/Alola Team led by Ash fighting Paldea Team in the finals.

LeNewbiee

What would be fun would be changing the format into Team Battles (something more similar to Beyblade).

A 3-5 Member Team from each region.

With a Kanto/Alola Team led by Ash fighting Paldea Team in the finals.
Sounds fun! Teaming up with Kukui or Goh or Gary seems exciting.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Sounds fun! Teaming up with Kukui or Goh or Gary seems exciting.
I would love an Alola Team of Ash/Gladion/Kiawe/Guzma and either Kukui or Mohn (or maybe have 1 of them as a coach)?

This would also be a great opportunity to show all the missing E4 members:)

I can see Team Galar (Leon/Raihan/Bea/Marnie/Bede?) loosing surprisingly to Team Paldea early in the finals.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Ash
Leon
Misty
Ash's rival or battle friend from the new series who is the actual one to beat Leon in the semis

The other four, eh, pick four names out of a hat and roll with it. Angie, Max2, Clembot, Magikarp Salesman, they'll do.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
To change things up a bit…

1) Leon (duh)
2) Ash (duh)
3) Cynthia (duh)
4) Alain. Give him the title of champion so that the anime can set itself apart from the games.
5) Barry. Show us what the son of the legendary Palmer can really do.
6) Brandon. There are many new Pokémon that would fit his theme.
7) Alder. He needs redemption for the way he was handled in BW
8) Geeta. SV promotion.

LeNewbiee

To change things up a bit…

1) Leon (duh)
2) Ash (duh)
3) Cynthia (duh)
4) Alain. Give him the title of champion so that the anime can set itself apart from the games.
5) Barry. Show us what the son of the legendary Palmer can really do.
6) Brandon. There are many new Pokémon that would fit his theme.
7) Alder. He needs redemption for the way he was handled in BW
8) Geeta. SV promotion.
Yeah I was actually wondering why Brandon isn't a part of master's eight when he's ths strongest fronteir brain.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I hope it's not but assuming it does return:
Ash
Leon
Cynthia
Iris
Diantha
Brandon
Geeta
Wildcard

pickapika

(Should be) Locks:

Ash:
Duh
Iris:
leaving out iris is pretty silly from a narrative perspective. She's already better than cynthia pending a z move, mega evolution, or gigamax feature and she's less than half the age of many of the proposed options(indicating potential). All you need for a rival for ash is there

Should be there:

Paul: In terms of what's seen he's the most skilled battler in the series and you can flip ash and paul's dynamic here. He's a super focused battler so...

Sabrina(kanto): No reason she has to be here, but she'd offer a much stronger potential narrative than anyone else and her being this strong makes complete sense

Bea: She was already very close to the masters tournament, is half the age of many current contestants(potential), is potrayed as competent and battle focused, and has some history with ash

Cynthia: Her not making it undermines her not retiring, also gives someone for iris to beat/have a rivalry with. (Iris should probably win while keeping her mons at base to show progress)

Good Enough(but):

Leon:
Considering he's already climbed the mountain top maybe he wants to retire, making room for a more interesting character
edit: just saw that ash loses in this hypothetical so you probably should keep leon there(i'd have him lose to cynthia to justify her non-retirement with a payoff)
Could be there:
-> Gary: should be skilled/strong enough and is easily ash's strongest rival narratively. Oppurtunity to flip dynamic
-> Kukui: rare example of a solid character from the anime with history and should be skilled/strong enough
-> Guzma: Guzma beating kuki to win a league would be strong narrative progression, could make a solid antagnoist
-> Corrina: I mean she has history with ash
-> Misty: sure, why not
-> Tobias: him getting swatted would be funny
-> Alain: **** character but has history with ash
-> Conway: definitely skilled enough, could see progression here in other areas
-> James: sure, why not
-> Blue hair from alola: offers a subtle character dynamic missing from the show, competent, focused

Last edited:

Ryker101

If we were replacing everyone, few people I had in mind were
- Brandon
- Mustard
- Raihan
- Flint
- Kukui
- Bea