• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you think should return in B&W? Dawn, May, Misty, or Brock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

interxavier

The Mist Vagrant
I know the writers have a tradition of bringing a main character back for a 3-5 episode arc. In your opinions, who do you think they'll choose to return? Who do you want to return? Why?

We all know they had reasons for coming back:

Misty - invited by Team Rocket to Hoenn for a fake Togepi-something
May - Wallace Cup

I wonder what reasons are they going to cook up this time.

For me, I have a feeling it'll be Dawn but I don't see a reason for her coming to Unova. I just know she has a high probability of returning.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I hope they all get to come back for a visit.

Misty-Because it's been like 250+ episodes since we've seen her and I want to see if she's wearing a new outfit.

May-Because I want to know how she did at the Johto Grand Festival.

Dawn-Because she was my favorite of the girls and it's only fair that she comes back if the others got too.

Brock-Because it feels kind of awkward not having him around after so many years on the show.

Last edited:

♥♫harukamaylover♫♥

I ♥ Male Synthesizer
hmm...........

Misty~I think it'll be kind of neat if Misty and Iris met

May and Dawn~for some reason,I want them to show up together

Brock~so he can see the new Nurse Joys and fall in love again xDDD just kidding there x3

I would much rather see brock and dawn because
Misty and May had their episodes

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Dawn and Brock, I think they could pop up to see Ash for a bit and since Unova is far away, its basically a holiday for them. But if there is a huge finale to the Team Rocket Vs Team Plasma thing I think all of them could return to help fight in a huge battle.

interxavier

The Mist Vagrant
We are likely to see Dawn's return so we can get an update in her Hoenn contests as well as pokemon (I'm guessing her quilava will evolve into a typhlosion at some point). Also, Brock may return in order to provide medical assistance as a pokemon doctor in training.

I'd like to see May return as well because I want to know how she did in the Johto grand festival.

They can always remake pokemon chronicles as a spin-off for May and Dawn's contest adventures.

Mobius_1

Has left the forum.
Misty and May. Misty because she's my favourite character, and it'd be neat if she would meet with the new BW casts, and especially Ash. And May, because her contest adventures in Johto is still left uncovered, and she didn't have her own episodes, so I'd like to see her return too. But then, seeing the logic from the previous series that it's always the girl from the previous series that return (Misty in AG, and May in DP), the most possible girl to return in BW is Dawn.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
May and maybe Max. As much s I like Max its ok if we just get a phone call from him. If there was a fight with Rocks/Plasma Ash should call over May and Brock and forget Misty and Dawn. Misty would have the gym to worry bout and Dawn had no real battling skills. Her only real victories were using cheap moves at the last minute to win.

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
i would love for miisty to come back and may because we still havnt seen her grand festival i realy want to know how well she is

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Nobody in Unova. Nobody should make the long trip over to Unova as there is no reason for any of them to go there at the moment. No contest, no whirl cups, nothing. If there is a filler saga then characters can cameo. Truthfully Brock and Dawn are the only ones I want to see in person and even Misty, only because she's been gone for years and deserves some kind of update at this point. I want to know how May's Johto festival went but I actually don't want to see her as badly as the others, she already got glorified in her DP cameo. I only want to see Max if he becomes a trainer. I just want to see Brock in his new role as a doctor and what changes Dawn's Pokemon have undergone since she left. Maybe some evolutions.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I'd like to see Dawn and Brock - and they're probably the two most likely. Misty's unknown to the 10-year olds watching Pokémon right now (sad but true) and they probably won't even know who May is, really. To be quite honest, I don't think we'll see anyone this series.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'd like to see Dawn and Brock - and they're probably the two most likely. Misty's unknown to the 10-year olds watching Pokémon right now (sad but true) and they probably won't even know who May is, really. To be quite honest, I don't think we'll see anyone this series.

How is she unknown? Didn't pokemon sunday air old kanto eps not so long ago? Plus there is the internet. Not sure if Asian kids go online as much as we do though.

pokemon fan 132

Answer is all of them.
Let see:
-Misty:its a shame how much this great character is being ignored like she never existed definitely deserving some screen time getting update of her and potentially receiving more development advancing her story which was left unfinished in many areas.
Scenarios behind her shorter return could be:
-to come help Iris about potential problems of becoming gym leader with Iris learning something from her(similar to how May helped Dawn)with possible connection between them hanging up in the air having some things in common
-coming for some water tournament to advance her goal and skills as trainer would also make sense
-coming to catch some new water types which arent available in Kanto(due to Unova region being very far from other regions thats entirely possible)also sounds plausible,
-deciding to meet some powerful water trainer wanting to learn something from it

There are more ideas,but i narrowed choice down to this four for now.
In reality Misty should return to main cast due to unfinished story having potential and many unexplored thing about her(like past,goal etc) to see her develop more as character bringing some humor and good chemistry within group but some decent cameo of 4 to 5 episodes would be satisfying for some time too.

-Dawn:just like any other character before her who got cameo during region its fair that she gets one as well to inform viewers how is her next journey going and what has been happening with character in meantime.
Possible scenarios behind return:
-to come to try promote idea of pokemon contests in Unova region among people to get them familiarized with different style of battling in case contests dont exist in that region.
-to come for some tag battle tournament which fits her character considering how she already took partake in different kind of events aside from contests in DP.

-Brock:for same reason as Dawn he should appear to.
Possible scenarios behind return:
-travel to Unova for doctor purposes to examine new pokemon and do some research about them
-to hear about some famous pokemon doctor who lives in Unova deciding to travel over there to meet him and gain some knowledge about it.

May-because im interested in seeing some update about her and how far she came in Johto Grand Festival.Judging by her performance and pokemon team in Wallace cup its not unrealistic to expect her winning whole thing finally.
Scenario behind return could be same as Dawns in case later doesnt appear.

Some people mention pokemon musicals as possibility to have coordinators involved too,but im not sure how well that could work.

Nobody in Unova. Nobody should make the long trip over to Unova as there is no reason for any of them to go there at the moment.

If there doesnt exist reason writers can always create some to have them return in Unova.Distance has never been a problem.As we get to see May didnt had problems with delaying her journey through Johto to com for Wallace Cup for example.

If anything in my opinion Misty and Iris would make sense to meet each other(more than it was case with Dawn anyway) having some connections and potential to benefit from their meeting and Unova being isolated from other regions make its pokemon hard to obtain outside of it(including water type too).

To TurtwigFan1 :Several TV stations like Boomerang,pokemon Smash,Disney channel,Cartoon Network etc air or were airing recently reruns of past series like Kanto,Johto,Hoenn etc.with many today kids watching them.
On top of that today kids could have heard about past sagas from older relatives,through Dvds,internet(we are in 21st century with this form of media being accessible for kids at their youngest age already).
Proof:Certain number of members is between 9 and 12(which is in range of target audience surprisingly being well familiarized with older series.

Im only talking from my personal experience but i met some of today kids and they definitely know who was Misty or May watching older series liking them just as much as they enjoy in new series,some even more.

Also i find it surprising how many of Misty or May fans on pokemon online boards are under 15 which says alot obviously not being among pokemon veterans.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I just wanna see Oshawott pwn Piplup in a battle XD

I also want to see Ash vs May

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I would really like it to be Dawn mainly for the reasons mentioned previously. She hasn't had a turn yet so she does deserve one and Brock I think deserves one too, it just doesn't feel the same without him. Infact, don't you think cilan and brock would be a great duo, arguing over the cooking, maybe taking sides with iris or ash and having a great big argument over it lol. Sorry got a bit carried away there.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I would really like it to be Dawn mainly for the reasons mentioned previously. She hasn't had a turn yet so she does deserve one and Brock I think deserves one too, it just doesn't feel the same without him. Infact, don't you think cilan and brock would be a great duo, arguing over the cooking, maybe taking sides with iris or ash and having a great big argument over it lol. Sorry got a bit carried away there.

Brock yes but Dawn should not. Heres my reason. With Dawn in Unova a Hoenn filler arc is out of the question. So for people that like Dawn they should wait for if/when Ash goes to Hoenn. That way they can get there Dawn fill. I think it would work to be fair.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Brock yes but Dawn should not. Heres my reason. With Dawn in Unova a Hoenn filler arc is out of the question. So for people that like Dawn they should wait for if/when Ash goes to Hoenn. That way they can get there Dawn fill. I think it would work to be fair.

I'm willing to go along with that idea. If and only if they go to the hoenn region after unova it would be neat for them to go and find Dawn. Maybe even get there just in time to go and watch her in the grand festival and maybe there would be other familiar faces too. This would do two things: Invite very new players/viewers the ideas of pokemon contests on the best stage possible with the grand festival and we would get to see dawn of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.