• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you think should return in B&W? Dawn, May, Misty, or Brock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeaussie37

pokemon fan 132 said:
Sinnoh was also far away from Johto but it didnt stopped May from stopping with her journey coming for Whirl Cup and it didnt stopped Misty from going to Hoenn.
Plot of show dictates what will happen and writers could create believable excuse to have Misty,May,Dawn or Brock come in Unova for one reason or another.Whether to go there for purpose p gaining new knowledge,catching new pokemon or because of some important event they wish to enter.

Remember that Unova is supposed to be MUCH MUCH further away from all the rest of the regions. Remember, it was a plane ride instead of a mere boat ride. It could be that visiting Ash would take up too much time in their schedule. All four of them have their own business to take care of, too.

pokemon fan 132

Remember that Unova is supposed to be MUCH MUCH further away from all the rest of the regions. Remember, it was a plane ride instead of a mere boat ride. It could be that visiting Ash would take up too much time in their schedule. All four of them have their own business to take care of, too.

Thats not much of a problem though as long writers would create something which would be beneficial for their stories and plot of current series.Visiting Ash would be just additional benefit with primary purpose being to advance their dreams and story.

For example with Misty it would make sense to go to Unova for some water tournament or competition to advance her goal of becoming water pokemon master which cant be done at gym .Considering how Unova is isolated from older regions coming over there to catch new water pokemon which she otherwise couldnt also gives valid excuse to travel there too.

Incompetent sisters werent that much of problem when Misty used to travel with Ash and im sure they could take care of gym while she is absent or find someone else to take care of it.
For all we know judging by how long Misty wasnt showed she could have left gym already to go on a journey to further her dreams and learn new thing about water pokemon and battling gaining knowledge,Several gym leaders did that already.

With Brock considering how he wants to become pokemon doctor he could go to Unova with purpose of traveling to gain new knowledge about pokemon and techniques through which hje could help them preparing himself to pass necessary tests.Or he could hear or be invited by some famous pokemon doctor over there traveling to expand horizons on this area of expertise.

He could also decide to become traveling doctor instead of opening daycare center which would increase his chances of meeting up with Ash since he could travel through Unova for one of above mentioned reasons.

With May and Dawn admittedly its little harder to find some believable scenario to have them come to Unova now that contests are gone,but i guess on of them could come with purpose of trying to promote contests among people trying to have them become interested in new approach toward pokemon and battles along with update about their journeys being given and how much they improved.

In reality it doesnt matter how much some region is distant if writers create something which would justify their journey over there,with purpose of advancing your goals being one of valid reasons.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Thats not much of a problem though as long writers would create something which would be beneficial for their stories and plot of current series.Visiting Ash would be just additional benefit with primary purpose being to advance their dreams and story.

For example with Misty it would make sense to go to Unova for some water tournament or competition to advance her goal of becoming water pokemon master which cant be done at gym .Considering how Unova is isolated from older regions coming over there to catch new water pokemon which she otherwise couldnt also gives valid excuse to travel there too.

Incompetent sisters werent that much of problem when Misty used to travel with Ash and im sure they could take care of gym while she is absent or find someone else to take care of it.
For all we know judging by how long Misty wasnt showed she could have left gym already to go on a journey to further her dreams and learn new thing about water pokemon and battling gaining knowledge,Several gym leaders did that already.

With Brock considering how he wants to become pokemon doctor he could go to Unova with purpose of traveling to gain new knowledge about pokemon and techniques through which hje could help them preparing himself to pass necessary tests.Or he could hear or be invited by some famous pokemon doctor over there traveling to expand horizons on this area of expertise.

He could also decide to become traveling doctor instead of opening daycare center which would increase his chances of meeting up with Ash since he could travel through Unova for one of above mentioned reasons.

With May and Dawn admittedly its little harder to find some believable scenario to have them come to Unova now that contests are gone,but i guess on of them could come with purpose of trying to promote contests among people trying to have them become interested in new approach toward pokemon and battles along with update about their journeys being given and how much they improved.

In reality it doesnt matter how much some region is distant if writers create something which would justify their journey over there,with purpose of advancing your goals being one of valid reasons.

What do you mean it's harder for May and Dawn to come back? Was it ever confirmed contest don't exist in anime Unova? We aren't seeing them because there isn't a coordinator on the cast anymore, that doesn't mean they are gone. Misty's water goals don't even exist anywhere outside that whirl cup in Johto as far as we know, and they don't exist at all game wise, so I fail to see how her comeback is easier to write then the coordinators. Contest also get viewed around the world (Wallace Cup) I doubt the Whirl Cup got even half of that. May was even a semi celebrity coordinator in the Wallace Cup. I do agree about Brock though. His doctor goal makes him flexible worldwide for sure.

Satoshi's girl

Cafemocha <3
=D All should return <3

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Brock ha sto show up. He makes a cameo in every season he's not in. He's pretty much Ash's original babysitter, I mean, mentor >_>

Brock doesn't have to do jack! He's been on since I was a 10 year old and now you want him back to do what he now is trying to do? No thank you.

Pokemon Breeder Akane

ポケモンソムリエ
Brock doesn't have to do jack! He's been on since I was a 10 year old and now you want him back to do what he now is trying to do? No thank you.

Didn't you get accustomed to his every-episode flirtations? I certainly did, although i can't particularly stand dubbed Pokemon so i'm not sure if i'd have become sick of it after so many years.

pokemon fan 132

What do you mean it's harder for May and Dawn to come back? Was it ever confirmed contest don't exist in anime Unova? We aren't seeing them because there isn't a coordinator on the cast anymore, that doesn't mean they are gone. Misty's water goals don't even exist anywhere outside that whirl cup in Johto as far as we know, and they don't exist at all game wise, so I fail to see how her comeback is easier to write then the coordinators. Contest also get viewed around the world (Wallace Cup) I doubt the Whirl Cup got even half of that. May was even a semi celebrity coordinator in the Wallace Cup. I do agree about Brock though. His doctor goal makes him flexible worldwide for sure.

I meant harder because of contests stopped existing in games with no references to them existing in Unova being made.Game quests like contests,pokethlon etc moments they stop existing in them they start to lose their promotional value being restrained to regions they exist in.
That doesnt mean how writers couldnt create one or two of them for purpose of May or Dawn coming back being possible to combine it with pokemon musicals in a way justifying their return.

But what im saying is how with anime only things and goals like its case with Misty writers are little more flexible not depending on games if you get what i mean..Of course not being game quest means how they wont receive same amount of exposure but at same time benefit is that with Misty and water competitions its easier for writers to create them at any place and at any point considering how they are anime exclusive events depending solely on them in what number they will be created and where not being restrained to exist solely in one location.As you said Whirl Cup was anime exclusive competition being made with purpose of advancing Mistys goal of becoming water pokemon master.,Only reason why we didnt see it being made in such a big format after she left is because her character was replaced with no one being in main cast who could benefit from such things anymore explaining reason why we didnt see that kind of events being created in other regions past Johto.

Also if interview with ex head director mr,.Hidaka is anything to go by it was said how if Misty were to appear in future it could be for some kind of tournament like May did and considering how she is water trainer its obvious what kind of competition she would enter.

zerofield

i miss miror
i want brock obama back.and distance really isnt a problem there. hes the president, shouldn't he be in the america-based region?however,if we go by the pattern,dawn is the most likely...*sigh*

Tykira

Wishful thinking FTW
Honestly, I would like to see Richie and Sparky come back! -.- I know it's a long shot at this point, but I think it would be nice if they brought those two back.

Sam2010

Cheers
They should bring back Brock, Misty, Richie and Paul.

EDIT: I know these aren't "characters" but shouldn't they give Ash his Butterfree and Pidgeot back because he didn't really release them, Butterfree left to go mate with the Pink one and Pidgeot was left in Pallet Town to watch over the group of Pidgey and Pidgeotto. Almost forgot Ash's Primeape he lent the guy with the Hitmonchan to "train" more like stole it's been like 15 years c'mon his Primeape would have Chuck Norris strength by now.

Last edited:

xFurret<3x

Ninetales~
i'd love for misty to come back, but it will probably be dawn since misty and may each traveled through 2 regions, and dawn only went through sinnoh . I doubt brock would be coming back since he went all the other regions with ash.
i also really wish richie would come back. He's smarter than Ash and Sparky is adorablee xD

Manderzzz123

I would love to see Dawn come back because she was my favorite girl. I also think they should make Ash and Dawn a couple, but thats most likely never going to happen.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
i would like for misty to come back, just to annoy so much people, but may will be the one returning.

as for dawn, i hope she get's lost on the way to unova and lands in some distant island

Kameinu

Arooo!
Max.

Actually. No one. I don't want anyone to return. Atleast not for the main Unova saga. I'd rather have some silent or short cameos.

If Undella Bay is touched upon a nice Water Arc to fit Misty in could work. But that's not happening. Something along the lines of that for any of the characters for the filler saga would be nice IMO.

Blessed

If Undella Bay is touched upon a nice Water Arc to fit Misty in could work. But that's not happening. Something along the lines of that for any of the characters for the filler saga would be nice IMO.

That would be a nice idea, even though it is unlikely.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
If they did a Battle Club Tournament again but this time had the old characters and not just Misty,Max,May,Dawn and Brock but the rivals. Gary,Drew,Harley,Barry,Paul and Zoey.

I would love to see Ash vs Harley and May vs Zoey Gary vs Paul would be fun too.

Status
Not open for further replies.