• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you think should return in B&W? Dawn, May, Misty, or Brock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I think Drdj11 has the right idea. They should have just stopped with that whole trend and start off fresh. And for the people would said that Misty needs a due over is because she never really did anything compared to what these girls are doing. But they had plenty of chances with her in the past but still they treated her like she never could battle when she adviously could.

Last edited:

TrainerChris

Bad at Pokemon
If the Unova is going to be the last region, I think every rival and partners like broke, may, dawn,etc should come to the Unova as a grand goodbye episode.

ChaosMudkip

Tepig Hunter
I hope Dawn will show up and not miss out on the cameo funtime.
I BEG AND PLEAD that the writers will rethink their idiocy and return Brock to the cast.
May's cameo is too fresh.
Misty gets too much attention. But her reaction to Ash being a numbskull would be fun.

couplesupporter

James FAN!
Hmm I sense a pattern of some sort... Misty showed up in an advanced episode. May showed up in a Diamond and Pearl episode. So now it would be the time to have Dawn appear in a Best Wishes episode?

pokeaussie37

Maybe Dawn in a Unova episode, but since it is a long way away and there is no reason for her to go there apart from Ash makes it seem illogical.

I would prefer for the lot of them to show up in a reunion episode at the end of Black and White, a massive one, since we didn't REALLY get one in Sinnoh, with SOME of his reserve Pokemon being used. Not all of his Pokemon were seen nor were any old characters.

A two part reunion would be my preference, just whether it would happen at the end of the main Unova saga, after a possible filler saga, or whatever. Preferably after the main Unova saga, so after the filler saga can be the 'regular' Ash vs. Gary battle after the end of odd-numbered generations.

Last edited:

Haru Glory

Rave Master
I miss Brock a lot, please Nintendo, please. Gave me back Brock, just for 2-3 episodes! :'(

pokeaussie37

Haru Glory said:
I miss Brock a lot, please Nintendo, please. Gave me back Brock, just for 2-3 episodes! :'(

Nintendo wont give you anything to do with the anime or the games, they merely distribute the games under their banner because the games are released on their handhelds. We have to rely on the writers for that.

Back on topic: Out of the four of them, I would actually want to see May the most, simply because we never found anything out about the Johto Grand Festival, she was actually doing something, unlike Misty, but I like I said just before, I would prefer to see all of them.

pokemon fan 132

Back on topic: Out of the four of them, I would actually want to see May the most, simply because we never found anything out about the Johto Grand Festival, she was actually doing something, unlike Misty, but I like I said just before, I would prefer to see all of them.

Im not sure if i get what you mean.
How exactly Misty wasnt doing anything?
She was supporting character who acted like Ash coach/mentor.She wasnt co-star but she did things providing humor and great chemistry between group,had several notable achievements(like winning Princess festival which was some sort of early contest,Seaking competition,being among top 8 in Whirl Cup, etc) and aside from battling did many other things which influenced plot in one way or another.
Like saving people lives,towns,taking care of those she cared about,helping to beat TR organization,giving moral support to her friends teaching people to never give up hope believing in themselves.

She was one along with Brock who influenced Ash a lot helping him to grow in trainer he became later giving identity to this anime and group as a whole.
She had her own goal of becoming water pokemon master too,and just because she wasnt doing contests collecting ribbons doesnt equal doing nothing.

However while i would rather prefer that Misty returns before anyone else being interested in seeing what new pokemon she has,what happened with her in mean time,see her doing some step forward with her goal perhaps(like entering some water tournament) having lot of untapped potential and unfinished thing in story i agree how May deserves to be seen again as well.

That being said its shame that we never get to find out how May went at Grand Festival in Johto with writers never giving fans some coverage.This could also be opportunity to see some of her rivals and how much things changed since last time we saw them.
Judging by Mays performance in Wallace Cup and her evolved team she showed big improvement as coordinator in rather short time span so i wouldnt be surprised if she managed to win Johto GF having what it takes.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
No one is trying to start a fight here. He/she just ask us of who we want to see in BW, not who should be there due to how one feels about how long or how better they were.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
it would be interesting if they all reappeared

pokeaussie37

I do apologise, I meant doing something that resulted in a significant achievement i.e. grand festival/league. Those events are relevant, but not, the major focus of the anime if you see what I mean. Misty's goal of 'water master' is very ambiguous. However, I do accept that as one who didn't watch any of the original Kanto series, I'm not one to judge on that :p Mind you I'm also interested in seeing what Misty has done in the last 6 years since she appeared at the end of Hoenn, hence why I would rather all four of them appear at once so we can get them all out of the way.

Last edited:

Ludiking43

Forever Alone
I say Brock or Misty.
Misty has been Ash's friend for a long time and should see him again.
Brock should come to see how ash is doing on his own.

pokemon fan 132

I do apologise, I meant doing something that resulted in a significant achievement i.e. grand festival/league. Those events are relevant, but not, the major focus of the anime if you see what I mean. Misty's goal of 'water master' is very ambiguous. However, I do accept that as one who didn't watch any of the original Kanto series, I'm not one to judge on that :p Mind you I'm also interested in seeing what Misty has done in the last 6 years since she appeared at the end of Hoenn, hence why I would rather all four of them appear at once so we can get them all out of the way.

I see and i guess i misunderstood wrongly what you tried to say.True Misty never won some big tournament similar to league or Grand Festival.Though she did entered Whirl Cup which was treated as prestigious tournament being biggest event water trainers in world enter.Due to lack of info provided in anime im not sure if this is sanctioned by pokemon league committee like other big events are.

Goal of water master judging by what original series showed means becoming strongest water trainer in world on pair with E4 members or even higher.Events like Whirl Cup also explained how there exist tasks which someone needs to enter and fulfill before achieving this through which this goal can be advanced.It wasnt expanded more on though since Misty left.
Judging by E4 members being best one type trainers in world with several like Lance or Lorelei being called one type masters shows how this position could likely mean achievement of her goal.

What writers should do is another set of chronicles,that way everyone would get some spotlight giving fans opportunity to follow adventures of those who are no longer in main cast.
Or start reusing them instead of new characters developing them further.

One of things i dont understand is some peoples acting how none of older characters can return in Unova because it is "far away"from any other region.Since when this was problem?

Sinnoh was also far away from Johto but it didnt stopped May from stopping with her journey coming for Whirl Cup and it didnt stopped Misty from going to Hoenn.
Plot of show dictates what will happen and writers could create believable excuse to have Misty,May,Dawn or Brock come in Unova for one reason or another.Whether to go there for purpose p gaining new knowledge,catching new pokemon or because of some important event they wish to enter.

It would be nice to have some big tournament organized in Best Wishes for which all of previous characters would return and enter to see them battling too.

kyogreblue3

take a byte
I wish May would return in Best Wishes, but not just her. I want her, Drew, Harley, and Solidad to come back! I would so watch that ep if all of 'em did come back.

I wouldn't be dissapointed if Misty came back, though. Seems like she is going to, because she has in the other series - Original and Advanced Generation.

It seems like Dawn is going to come back. The others - May and Misty - have and now it's her turn.

I'm almost 100% sure Brock will come back. I mean, he's been in every single one of the series except Best Wishes - Original, Advanced Gen, Diamond and Pearl.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
I would like these characters to see in BW with reasons added:

May: The anime has showed that contests are almost on par with pokemon battles in pokemon world in terms of importance. Only regional pokemon leagues(like kanto, hoenn etc) are telecasted world-wide, whereas contests held in each city/town are telecasted at least in the region in which they are held. "Wallace cup" was shown on TV in all regions(except Unova of course). The best coordinator of the world "Wallace" is one of the most famous personalities of the pokemon world. This makes me believe that Becoming the best coordinator of the world is the 2nd biggest feat you can achieve in pokemon world(next only to becoming the greatest trainer in general). May's goal is big and she thus deserves an appearance in BW to show how she fared up in Johto Grand festival.

Dawn: For some reasons, I feel that they wouldn't have two coordinators near the epilogue of the show. Methinks that one of them(May and Dawn) would change their goal. The anime has hinted that it could be Dawn. The writers have did everything with her which they could have done as a pokemon coordinator. The only thing left is to show Dawn winning a GF. I'm speculating that she would become a pokestylist and show up in Unova.

Misty: For all the reasons which Pokemon fan 132 has already stated multiple times.

Brock: I would like to see how he is doing as a doctor for 2-3 episodes.

eryyy

Ace Trainer
I say both Brock and Dawn should. I see it fair they come back in B&W.

They're the obvious choices here, if you ask me. Misty did return for a couple of episodes in the Advanced Generation, as did May in Diamond & Pearl and since both of them came when their journies with Ash were over, I just think its fair that both Dawn and Brock come back in B&W.

That's just what I think though.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Brock ha sto show up. He makes a cameo in every season he's not in. He's pretty much Ash's original babysitter, I mean, mentor >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.