• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you think will evolve to its final evolution? Oshawott? Snivy? Tepig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

interxavier

The Mist Vagrant
Having watched all sagas, I've seen the pattern the writers employ. They will never have all of Ash's starter pokemon evolve into its final form. Only the johto starters didn't evolve to their final forms, however, it seemed that the writers wanted to make chikorita as Ash's main starter in Johto.

So who do you think it'll be this time? I think it will be oshawott considering how attached it was to Ash since the very beginning. It's about time Ash had a fully evolved water starter pokemon.

PokemasterAustin

Friendly Trainer
Yeah I was thinking (and hoping) that oshawott would evolve to samurott but I'm not sure if that's going to happen because of the way oshawott is. He seems to be the funny oddball on the show now that team rocket is more serious.
I still really want oshawott to fully evolve and battle tripp's serperior in the unova league.

SnowCloak

Pokemon Ranger
I don't think Oshawott will evolve because it is practically the Best Wishes mascot and Ash has never evolved any of his past Water starters, But I think Snivy and Tepig will evolve to their final form.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Serpior FTW

interxavier

The Mist Vagrant
The thing is that I'm really tired of seeing the grass and fire starters as the Ash's main warriors. Can't water-type starters have any love? lol

TehLulzMastur

I just realized something. The three main reappearing rivals/pseudo-rivals (Trip, Bianca and Cabernet, who I'm guessing will reappear soon) all have the second-evolution of the starters, Trip having Servine, Bianca having Pignite and Cabernet having Dewott. If these Pokemon evolve, that means that the writers don't need to evolve any of Ash's starters. That is, if the writers are just trying to advertise the games.

Grei

not the color
and Ash has never evolved any of his past Water starters

I hope you realize how stupid of a reason this is.

I just realized something. The three main reappearing rivals/pseudo-rivals (Trip, Bianca and Cabernet, who I'm guessing will reappear soon) all have the second-evolution of the starters, Trip having Servine, Bianca having Pignite and Cabernet having Dewott. If these Pokemon evolve, that means that the writers don't need to evolve any of Ash's starters. That is, if the writers are just trying to advertise the games.

There's nothing wrong with Ash and Cabernet both having Samurott. The thing here is, Cabernet isn't one of Ash's rivals. Also, Ash's Oshawott was from the same starter bunch has Trip's Servine and Bianca's Pignite. It only makes sense for these two to have Serperior and Emboar, respectively, and to have Ash's Oshawott fully evolve, so that the three of them have the fully-evolved starters in the League.

interxavier

The Mist Vagrant

Not quite, Paul already had a Torterra, while Barry had an Empoleon in D&P. Next thing we know, the writers decided to have Ash's Grotle and Chimchar (which was Paul's) evolve fully into Torterra and Infernape.

I don't know how many seasons will B&W take but I'm pretty sure they'll have at least one of his starters fully evolve. Other than Charizard, it took 4 seasons for all of Ash's starters to fully evolve (Sceptile in Battle Frontier, Torterra & Infernape in Sinnoh League Victors).

They sort of messed up his Johto starters because they were more keen on making Charizard his primary arsenal for most of the original series.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I hope all of them do.

PokemasterAustin

Friendly Trainer
There's nothing wrong with Ash and Cabernet both having Samurott. The thing here is, Cabernet isn't one of Ash's rivals. Also, Ash's Oshawott was from the same starter bunch has Trip's Servine and Bianca's Pignite. It only makes sense for these two to have Serperior and Emboar, respectively, and to have Ash's Oshawott fully evolve, so that the three of them have the fully-evolved starters in the League.

I completely agree with this and I'm tired of fire and grass type fully evolved starters for ash. I think we could use a change in bw. I'm getting confused this generation because of swadloon and palpitoad. Is he going to fully evolve those two and not elvove the starters at all? IDK but seismitoad doesnt seem to be a good fit for ash.

Manga

This is the theory I see most likely happening, although I'm still not used to the idea of a water-type evolving (Squirtle, Totodile, Corphish, Piplup, Buizel).

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Serperior is the most likely given past records and his main Rival also has Servine.
But if none of them evolved at all, or at least all the way, I wouldn't mind.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Most likely oshawott, since it's hogging the screentime almost as much as Infernape.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
They'll all fully evolve by the time Gen V ends.

BlueDragonfangirl

I see the little otter as the last Pokemon to evolve, heck he might not even evolve, like some one said he's the mascott of this series. The fire type always seem to evolve first all the way to the last form. Grass type evolved AG/Dp so I could see that maybe going next??? I'm hopping Ash works on those two next.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Well last season he evolved chimchar and turtwig so probably oshawot.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Neither probably. With the abundance of reserves, it's more likely they will evolve rather than the starters.

That makes sense but it would also make sense for ash's snivy to evolve. If you have noticed, there seems to be a rivalry between trip's servine and ash's snivy. They each lost to each other once. I don't think the writers would get rid of this rivalry because it is pretty epic whenever they battle each other. If trip gets serperior (which is obvious that he will) and ash doesnt evolve snivy, the rivalry would be lost because serperior would most likey always win.

Status
Not open for further replies.