• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who do you want the next Pokegirl to be?

Female companion in Galar?

• Gloria

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Nessa

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Sonia

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Bea

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Marnie

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
What I want to see:

Gloria as main cast, possibly Sonia as the big sister of the group.

Ash usually takes the form of the male protagonist (via clothing) so a female protagonist to balance it out would be ideal. Gloria doing the gym challenge would be awesome to see, much like how Dawn and Ash borrowed from each other in DP, Gloria and Ash could combine ideas/strategies and have that deep personal rivalry that makes their eventual league battle tough to watch (as you don't know who to root for).

Meanwhile, Sonia could be the big sister that the group has, much like how Brock/Cilan were, not necessarily getting as many focus episodes as Gloria/Ash, but have their own personal dreams that is subtlety interwoven into episodes (so that there is progress, but you're focused more on Ash/Gloria in those episodes). Just so she's not left behind.

I think Marnie would be better suited as a rival, no matter how much I would love Ash getting all riled up over some girl having her own personal fan club despite his achievements.

What I expect:

Just Sonia

'Oi Ash mate, why yer muckin' around like a bloody lil' kid?'

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sonia, Sonia hands down.

Marnie doesn't need demoted to companion status
I'd like Nessa but THREE water companions is too too much... especially as we just had one!
Gloria.... eh, just won't be fun without the scottish accent
Bea..... no thanks

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm rooting for Rurina, although if she does join the Galar cast she'll probably receive a change of clothing since she looks a bit exposed in her official artwork. I could settle for Mary joining the cast as well, however.

Xuxuba

I think Marnie would be better suited as a rival, no matter how much I would love Ash getting all riled up over some girl having her own personal fan club despite his achievements.
Indeed. Especially because of Team Yell, which would have to follow them around everywhere and it would be too overcrowded.

The fact that they both would be on a badge quest would make things kind of repetitive.
It's best to include someone else with a different goal.

I hope that she will appear often tho and also that she won't be treated like Hau. No rival deserves to be treated like Hau, except maybe Cameron.

Fiorenna

What's the name of the girl who's the playable female? Because whatever it is I think she has the best chance to be the next pokegirl since she looks really cute and doesn't have a sexualized design.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RaymondCreek said:
i was going to say sonia but on second thought she's too old cuz she's supposed to be leon's childhood friend right? so gloria or nessa are my picks instead.

I think that Sonia's design could be de-aged a bit if the writers are willing to do that, however. The fact that she's Dande's friend wouldn't necessarily need to be a subplot in the anime, anyway.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
i was going to say sonia but on second thought she's too old cuz she's supposed to be leon's childhood friend right? so gloria or nessa are my picks instead.

Serena was friends with Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno in the games... but didn't know them in XY(Z)
She could easily pass as Cilan and Brock's age if they want to, and the 'childhood friends' angle isn't that important. Leon will get enough coverage with his brother anyhow

Revolver Furious Dragon

Marnie could be cool. Travelling companion and rival all in one. The two could train and get stronger together. And would give gym leaders pokemon more battle time.

Plus it would make there eventual league battle so intense and emotional. They made it so far together but only one can move forward

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
The female lead's goal should be very heavily battle-oriented and/or it should really shows off the people-and-Pokemon-working-together theme. Galar is so heavily trumpeting these two themes, so I would like the female's goal to reflect them.

Now, who would be the best candidate for this mission? Honestly, I have no idea. None of these choices feel like an instant go-to.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Marnie could be cool. Travelling companion and rival all in one. The two could train and get stronger together. And would give gym leaders pokemon more battle time.

Plus it would make there eventual league battle so intense and emotional. They made it so far together but only one can move forward
I always thought that having a character that is both a traveling companion and a rival won't mix well together, because they would most likely get exposed to each other battle styles very often, hence ruining their surprises. There's a reason why Clemont temporary left the cast before his gym battle against Ash in XY. As for the pokegirl, I'll probably go with the female protag from the games, with a Scottish accent.

Last edited: