• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who does it belong to?

So, hypothetically, let's say two different people put two Pokemon in a daycare, and ... they get "busy" and make an egg. Who gets the egg?

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
So, hypothetically, let's say two different people put two Pokemon in a daycare, and ... they get "busy" and make an egg. Who gets the egg?

Who owns the female pokemon? It's her decision who get's her egg, so most likely the mother's trainer.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Would have to agree that the mother's Trainer would be the one who gets the egg.

Now if they were to somehow incorporate this into a future game (breeding Pokemon via local wireless or WiFi) then maybe they can make it so each Trainer gets an egg. Once two Pokemon actually start making eggs it doesn't take very long for them to produce more I noticed.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Who owns the female pokemon? It's her decision who get's her egg, so most likely the mother's trainer.

This answer makes the most sense to me.

Then again, you could always just Ro-Sham-Bo for it (or play Rock Paper Scissors - way less painful). Or the two trainers could simply sit down and discuss why they want/don't want it, and why they want/don't want it.

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
And how many people cheat at that???
Flip a coin I say, H or T. Or wait! Even better, they Pokemon Battle for it! :D

Nothing like that to build up rivalries and resentment early on in the new Pokemon's life! Imagine that, a young Trapinch saying "Momma Flygon beat up Pappa Garchomp" in his delightful Trapinch language.

In my opinion, the owner of the female Pokemon should try to train the baby, and if he/she would prefer that the owner of the male Pokemon have it, then that trainer can have it.

Of course, it can easily be argued that the owner of the male Pokemon should get the baby if the owner of the female Pokemon already has a Pokemon in that evolutionary line (for example, does one of the owners need two Flygons?). This has flaws of course - like with Eevee, Ralts, Slowpoke and other Pokemon with multiple final stage options.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
the mother gets the egg but the father has to pay for all TM's all vitamins all move tutor visits all medicine and can only see the egg for half-hour every fortnight...