• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Gets To Keep Togepi? (050)

Lord Ike

This how I rate the characters who deserve to own Togepi.
1. Ash
2. Brock
3. Meowth
4. Misty
Ash should own Togepi because he found the egg and wanted to take care of it but misty and brock wouldn't let him. Then there was Brock who took care of the egg the whole time. Followed by Meowth who take care of the egg for a short time. Finally there's Misty who did nothing.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
I liked this episode. I remember how obssessed I was with finding out what the new Pokemon would be, before my days of internet efficiency; I did get to see it on a poster I got from a card shop, but I only found out the name when it actually premiered. I felt really bad for Meowth; it was so sad as TR dragged him off in the end. Actually, I thought it was weird that Meowth had no compassion for Togepi in the Earth Badge episode where TR stole it to give to the boss; he didn't really care about it at all at that point. I also felt bad for Ash, since he one fair a square and was met with a Togepi who wouldn't give him the time of day.

Pure

back.
My thoughts exactly (the end of your post).

Ash was the rightful owner, until Misty butted her head in and took a Pokemon that Ash could have raised. However, I feel Misty raised Togepi far better than Ash could have.

water_pkmn_fan

I loved this episode. Ash deserved Togepi but Misty got it. And it was sad when meowth got dragged off. Overall one of the best episodes from the first season.

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
How do any of you even think Meowth REMOTELY deserved to keep Togepi? It's just insane for me to think that anyone thinks that. The order of the people who should have gotten it was:

1. Ash
2. Brock
3. Misty
4. Professor Oak/anyone else
5. Jesus, or whoever.

And farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr below everything else.

19847323521. Meowth
19847323522. James
19847323523. Jessie

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
I'm glad Ash didn't get togepi :-D, i can't imagine him holding Togepi like Misty did., lol

WaterPokemonFan

Go Staryu!.
I really enjoy this episode, however I so wanted to see Misty use her Starmie against Ash's Bulbasaur. Too bad Psyduck had to pop out of her backpack.

TogeticTheRuler

Imagine if togepi went with TR,i bet itd never evolve,Ash and co will be dead, if it evolved,itd pwn Ash and co by using safeguard(unless its used like wobbufet where Jessie barely tells it to counteer)

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
I remenber this episode, long before my internet days. I was in 8th grade when this episode aired. I taped it from it's original run.

The Part that I remenber the most is the Meowth vs Onix. So funny

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I remember all of the hype that came from the fandom as to the identity of the Pokemon inside the egg. Well, in this case, the fandom was actually my sixth grade class. Most of the guesses were that Pikabloo was inside the egg. Ah, yes, Pikabloo. Who, from the 'old days', could forget the elusive Pikabloo?

Anyhow, I always suspected that whatever was inside the egg, was going to be something annoying and cutesy. Guess what? I was right! Togepi came into the world, wide-eyed and squealing. Soon, a 'civil war' sparked between the protagonists as to who would get to keep the thing.

I always thought Brock should have had it. He did take care of it the most. The guy had a nuturing, mother-like side to his personality back in those days, so it made sense to me that he get it. Instead, the writers decide to give it to the girl of the group. And so, started the trend of the female companions receiving/taking care of Poke egg hatchlings. Granted, the girls had different experiences and ways of getting the eggs, but still.

Sure, Ash found it and with the unofficial laws of ownership, the egg technically belonged to him. Meowth took care of it for, like, less than an hour...so um...I guess it can have a little lay in the claim. Misty, however, didn't do anything but hold it during its hatch. Go figure.

Roeno

I remember all of the hype that came from the fandom as to the identity of the Pokemon inside the egg. Well, in this case, the fandom was actually my sixth grade class. Most of the guesses were that Pikabloo was inside the egg. Ah, yes, Pikabloo. Who, from the 'old days', could forget the elusive Pikabloo?

Anyhow, I always suspected that whatever was inside the egg, was going to be something annoying and cutesy. Guess what? I was right! Togepi came into the world, wide-eyed and squealing. Soon, a 'civil war' sparked between the protagonists as to who would get to keep the thing.

I always thought Brock should have had it. He did take care of it the most. The guy had a nuturing, mother-like side to his personality back in those days, so it made sense to me that he get it. Instead, the writers decide to give it to the girl of the group. And so, started the trend of the female companions receiving/taking care of Poke egg hatchlings. Granted, the girls had different experiences and ways of getting the eggs, but still.

Sure, Ash found it and with the unofficial laws of ownership, the egg technically belonged to him. Meowth took care of it for, like, less than an hour...so um...I guess it can have a little lay in the claim. Misty, however, didn't do anything but hold it during its hatch. Go figure.

Actually, Ash had his taking-care-off-an-egg-time too. Remember his Phanpy egg? Okey, he didn't have the egg for long, but he had one, allright?

Maestro Kinético

Perfect epp. It was great to see a new Pokemon. I loved Misty and Togepi. Specially when Togepi used metronome.

I miss those epps...

Lucario Wave

Power Of The Ora
Yh that was great especially when no one realised that togepi was the one doing it. I think Ash should of had it not misty, as misty usually always lost it and pikachu was the one who followed it everywhere!!!!

Mewtwo's Apprentice

Master in training
This was a great episode. I think Meowth should had kept Togepi, he was so attached! Poor sod. Those mean trainers. Grumble.....grumble.........

Missingno.Fan

I have this episode on two tapes (I don't konw why) but I remember that a commercial a week before it aired showed it hatching and I was like They ruined it for me"

Battra

A great episode. I loved seeing Togepi hatch again brought back all the memories of wondering whats going to hatch from the egg. Nice to see Misty get to keep and raise Togepi she makes a fine mother, though I like many others wonder how Togepi would have faired being raised by Ash or Brock or even TR, in Brock's case he'd probably try to use Togepi to get girls. I enjoyed the the mini tournament Ash defiantly knew how to handle Psyduck. I can't help but laugh when at the end Misty asks if Pikachu will help raise Togepi too, since in later episodes Togepi is almost the end of Pikachu.