• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Gets To Keep Togepi? (050)

nickstr

There was a good reason for Misty keeping Togepi it was because she was the first person Togepi saw after it hatched and as Dexter mentioned later on Togepi imprints the face of the first person it sees and assumes that person is it's mother and thus it's trainer as well.

PokeGal99

Wishing Star
James was very funny! Togepi must've been confused over who it's trainer was going to be! lol. At least Misty got him in the end.

Leona

YOU JELLY?
Of course Misty got it, the first meets the eye it seems and anyway, do you really think Ash would of looked after Togepi well? with all the pokemon training and not to mention Pikachu being carried around on his shoulder all the time :/

Freedom

Pokeman
People say that Togepie killed Misty but i think it was more Psyduck's fault because it was alway popping out of the ball and taking the spotlight away from all of Misty's other Pokemon eg Starmie, Horsea. This made her character more boring from the lack of variety.

How convenient that Dexter was updated just before a GS pokémon hatched...When Ash first scans Togepi, it is said that no other information was available at present, yet later on in the episode, more is known!
Anyways, I enjoyed this episode, purely because it had Togepi in it. Although Brock missed out on gaining a new Pokémon here after all that hard work, it's OK, seen as he gets Happiny in a couple of years' time. Meowth didn't deserve it, seen as he managed to look after the egg for what, an hour tops?
Found Meowth's actions in battle pretty good, but not as much as Pikachu standing next to him, with his tail on the coin. Good stuff.

Misty Fanboi13

Over Analyst
This how I rate the characters who deserve to own Togepi.
1. Ash
2. Brock
3. Meowth
4. Misty
Ash should own Togepi because he found the egg and wanted to take care of it but misty and brock wouldn't let him. Then there was Brock who took care of the egg the whole time. Followed by Meowth who take care of the egg for a short time. Finally there's Misty who did nothing.

Ok thats the order they deserve Togepi IF they ignore what it wants. Don't you think it would be uncharacteristicly selfish of Ash or Brock to keep it despite what it wants? Ash has been shown to care about what his Pokemon want, so letting Togepi go with Misty makes perfect sense.

He traded Aipom to Dawn, to let it do what it wanted, which was contests

Its a similar situation here

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I think Misty was a good choice for Togepi, but Ash deserved it more. Heck, Meowth deserved it more than Misty. Misty didn't do one thing for it as an egg.

However, whatever Togepi sees first makes it believe they're their mother. So, even though Misty didn't deserve to get Togepi, she was the best choice for it.

Blue_Lightning8

Moon Prism Power!
You guys aren't thinking about who would've best raised a baby pokemon.
I think Misty was the perfect maternal figure for Togepi.
But if we based it on ability or skill to raise Togepi, the order would be:
1. Brock (Breeder, duh!)
2. James (Caring, father figure)
3. Misty
4. Ash (He would have done terrible because he would've probably put Togepi in many battles to try and raise it to become strong and push it like he does with all his pokemon and have it's blood all over the place)
5. Meowth (Shouldn't even be on this list because Meowth is still a pokemon himself)

But seeing how Misty did, she's perfect.

dman_dustin

4. Ash (He would have done terrible because he would've probably put Togepi in many battles to try and raise it to become strong and push it like he does with all his pokemon and have it's blood all over the place)

Your kidding right? Ash would never push a Pokemon if he didn't think they could do whatever it is Ash asks it to do.

I don't know why anyone assumes Ash would've been a horrible trainer for Togepi look at Phanpy. Phanpy really cared about Ash and Ash raised Phanpy well. If comparing the two, Togepi probably would've cared about Ash as well. Besides what did Togepi ever do that was important? Had it battled more instead of being shafted and only occasionally using Metronome it would've been a strong Pokemon as a Togetic.

Last edited:

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
Of course, the only reason it saw Misty first was because she snatched the egg out of Ash's hands. The moral of the story? Skill or caring matter less than being selfish at the most opportune time possible, because someone out there is dumb enough not to catch you.

Frankly, I love morals like this. I just really, really don't love Togepi.

Of course, the only reason it saw Misty first was because she snatched the egg out of Ash's hands. The moral of the story? Skill or caring matter less than being selfish at the most opportune time possible, because someone out there is dumb enough not to catch you.

Frankly, I love morals like this. I just really, really don't love Togepi.

It was fairly obvious, if unfair, that they would let the female character have the baby Pokemon. Too bad, because Meowth actually took better care of it, albeit in a crazed, melodramatic fashion. Heck, Brock's a Pokemon breeder, so why shouldn't he have got it? In fact, how would the series have changed if Brock got Togepi instead of Misty?

Love the post, High Commander Solomon. And the moral is so true. How else did George W. Bush get into Presidential Office?

pokemon fan 132

Ah,this brings back memories.I remember the first time when i watched this episode,and i couldnt wait to see what is going to hatch from the egg.Nice episode,with a lot of interesting events which happened in it.The small pokemon tournament was fun to watch,and even if Ash won,im glad that Misty get to keep Togepi.Afterall,what Togepi see first he considers his mother,so it makes perfect sense why Misty gets to keep him.Not to mention she raised him very well,and he evolved in beautiful Togetic.Sure he didnt battle almost never,when she raised him,but seriously he was small baby pokemon who needed someone to take care of him,so it wasnt to expect that he is going to battle.

firelovindocker

it's ash's egg he should of got it but with pikachu and other pokemon to work with he really isn't the best choice. then brock is my best pick being a breeder and alll what. meowth tried his best but i couldn't imagine them too. james is the second pick despite being an evil team rocket guy he's actual;ly quite nice. in the end misty gotwhich is bull but i could imagine ash's mum having it.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Personally, I'm quite glad Misty got to keep Togepi. In addition to her being the first thing it saw when it hatched, she seemed like the best candidate for the job. Yes, Brock wants to be a breeder, but I think Togepi was a brilliant way of bringing forth Misty's loving and caring side, to add that much more depth to her character.

Ash wouldn't do well with it. He didn't seem mature enough at the time to take care of it without assistance from Brock and Misty (read: both of them can do just fine on their own with a baby Pokemon), and he would've probably raised it for battles like he did with Phanpy.

Besides, can anyone here actually imagine Ash walking around with that walking omlette in his arms? :p